• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Warhead990

Sergeant
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Well, im back to start a new AAR. My last one completly fell apart and ended with a starteling corrupted save game file :mad:

So this time, ill be playing as the Maya with the EEP GC. The Maya start out knowing of 4 countries: themselves, the Aztecs, the Zapotec, and the Navaho.

This AAR doesnt begin in 1419 though, due to the fact i already started it.:D Im at 1463 right now.

Theyve annexed the Zapotec(after 3 mayan-zapotec wars, ill probobly document them here) and streched their empire all the way to Isthmus(as far south as possible for them at this time).

Playing level: Very Hard

AI agressivness: Normal

Short Term Goal: Stay alive(done, so far). Defeat the zapotec(done), colinize all the area south of the Aztec border(done), Defeat the Aztecs in a War and gain at least two provinces(not done), and finnaly Form an alliance with the navaho after all the above has been completed.

Long-term Goal: Conquer Spain and China

Ill be writing it like the story as found from a journal of some sort years later.

and of course, wish me luck:D

Last edited:
The first Mayan-Zapotec war

May 29, 1419

It began with a breeze of wind the Mayan leaders proclaimed the war against the Zapotec. It began with the ritual sacrfice of several animals and men in the presence of a statue head.

sacrifice.jpg

central-america.jpg

The ritual proceeded quickly as warriors numbering over 6,000 men began the march from mayapan to to the Zapotec province of Tlaxcala. Even more men are marching even as i write this from places like Guatemala. They do not even possess an army, so this should be a rather swift victory.

June 29, 1419,

Our warriors have taken Tlaxcala and laid seige to Atlixco. Our gods are to thank for this incredible victory. However, more sacrifices are nedded or else the Sun will forever burn out and we will all die in the complete darkness. Therefore, we must take Atlixco and annnex the unworthy Zapotec.

Okay, now for my note: this war was quite a while ago and i doubt ill be able to write much on it. So ill start my regular AAR from 1463 soon.

What happened in this one was i made them my 1-province vassal after the war. They ended up breaking it and with aztec support crushed me in the next war (1437, after an annoying flower war event).

After the alliance broke up i struck back and reconqored what i lost, and annexed them once and for all. I recently had a war with the Aztec(who fortified all of thier provinces)and although i never lost a battle, i was unable to take any of their provinces while they built up a huge army. So, i setteled for a no tribute peace. and thats about where i am right now.

Hey, a fellow Central American WritAAR!!! :) :) Master T will have even more sacrifices now :D

Spanish and Chinese... wow. I'll be reading this one. When playing out my AAR story as (unworthy) Zapotec (Tlaxcalans), I also thought about China... but gave it up for some other more immediate conquests.

Wishing you luck... I'll be popping in frequently... zealously watching your progress :D :D

Nice AAR Warhead. Keep it comming:D :D :D :D :D :D

The Aztec-Mayan War

The Aztecs recently Declared war on us. The shock was probobly due to the lack of Sacrifices they had. Our Warriors pured from the mountiains, striking their unprepared force hard in the back. Our seasoned force of 40,000 strong sent their force, around 10,000 strong, whirlwinding back from Tenochictlan.

We commenced a seige which was inturuppted by foolish attackers several times. Finilay the force was eliminated and we took their capital 3 months later. The follow-up force of 7,000 marched and took 2 aztec provinces with ease.

Ancient%20Mayan%20Temples%20of%20Chichinitza.jpg

The sites in the Aztec empire were stunning. Even as we conquered their cities to the final conquest, these relics still stood strong as their former power used to display. I spit on a burning relic of theirs symbolocly when the final surrender came. We gained two provinces and a large sum of money. It seems they will be out of the way for some time.

Last edited: