• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May 17, 2005
Hi...Im attempting once more to actually completing a game...a World Conquest-Colonization and therefore an AAR :D . Nothing fancy, just a few pics and some short comments. Playing the easiest and greatest country...mighty England :D on very hard/coward . Due to there now being a limit of ten pics per post, posts will be short but numerous...probably updated once/twice a fortnight, due to me playing at home on my new very old computer :D then transferring the information via internet cafe.

Death To Mine Enemies

smallcannon2.jpg
stgeorge.gif
smallcannon.jpg

ENGLAND

300px-Satellite_image_of_Great_Brit.jpg

My England, my birthright, my subjects, my inheritance, its all mine. France is also my promise, therefore I gather my men at arms, my archers, my knights, my horses and my barons to make war upon the pretender who sits upon my throne, I shall burn the fields, the towns and the big cities, those wily French dogs shall be made to beg for bread before they beg for their freedom under my crown.

England1.jpg

Aragon accepts my proposal of alliance as Bedford, a loyal servant, skilled in the arts of war is ordered to harass the enemy to the south and cause great confusion and carnage, while I, at the head of the main army (28,000 strong) head directly for Paris.

England2.jpg

A large French force was engaged in battle an hour before sunrise, by noon they littered the earth and the seige of the city began while I moved forward into Champagne in order to crush any efforts of resistance and exert my authority in the region.

England3.jpg

Navarra and Savoy chose to fight with us rather than to suffer our deadly wrath, indeed they chose well. Southern France was in flames and looting on a grand scale was a common thing. I was encouraged to return to Paris when notified of 17,000 Frenchies on route hoping to relieve the seige there. English oak rained down upon them from afar inflicting great casualties before I led the cavalry charge, my mighty stallion huffed and puffed, trampling any in its path, those fortunate to escape it met with my broadsword down upon their heads....I killed many that day, but I reckon my steed killed more.

England4.jpg

They were completely annihilated and the crows ate well as the baser sort of men scavenged the dead of any belongings of worth.

England5.jpg

Along with my successes my ambition grew, war had been declared upon the Castile-Portugese alliance, their gold was envied as was their small sugar producing colony. There was no outward murmurs of discontentment from our "allies", but we are confident there are cries of alarm behind closed doors. Bedford shows some signs of early hard won victories.

England6.jpg

While France and her allies are pretty much subdued, under constant looting by my loyal bands and the battle for Iberia continues, I take a short trip to Eire...

Last edited:
Ah, England! This brings back memories....

I find pictorial AARs very fun and easy to read, even if they're not as easy to write them as people think. Hope you manage to pull off the WC.

oh, one more thing... do you keep the peace offerings messages in that "minimized" way? i always found it extremely annoying in my games.. :D

EDIT: what happened to your old English AAR?

iirc, you also had a hyperteching Venice, right?

(yes, im a fan :) )

The Real Deal is down doing WC again? Well, I was kinda disappointed when the Ottoman AAR went defunct so I'll be watching with great interest now :D. Good luck.

Fnuco said:
Ah, England! This brings back memories....

I find pictorial AARs very fun and easy to read, even if they're not as easy to write them as people think. Hope you manage to pull off the WC.

Well, I find doing whole screenshots alot easier than the cropped shots you make in your Austrian AAr (thats looks like alot of work).

Fnuco said:
oh, one more thing... do you keep the peace offerings messages in that "minimized" way? i always found it extremely annoying in my games.. :D

Yes, I just ignore them until Im ready to make peace (ie-I can get what I want), then I look at their offer, usually before I make my own demands. Unless of cause they are giving me headaches on the field and I need peace, then I look at them alot.

Fnuco said:
EDIT: what happened to your old English AAR?

iirc, you also had a hyperteching Venice, right?

(yes, im a fan :) )

Cheers,

Theres been several English attempts....My bad...I didnt complete...I, I, I want to complete...I must complete :D, there now banished to the darkest nether regions of the AAr forums

Venice, ugh that was easily the most boring game I have ever played, then once I had the super duper tech advantage, the AI was acting really strangely in war, kept moving in my provinces, start seige, then running off immediately, rinse and repeat...it just got annoying....

Once more I hope to finish it, must be determined...

abdul-jabar said:
Good start and hope to see the empire go places they never went....

:)

Cheers, so do I :)

Grundius said:
The Real Deal is down doing WC again? Well, I was kinda disappointed when the Ottoman AAR went defunct so I'll be watching with great interest now :D. Good luck.

Again?..no, I havent done one yet :D. Sorry about the Turks..I cant promise that it wont happen again :( , only try again :). Cheers Grundius, your comments are always encouraging.

Death To Mine Enemies

41093.jpg

For Honour, for King, for England...CHARGE!!!

England7.jpg

The bountiful treasures plundered from our adversaries funds the recruitment of more willing young men to our banner.

England8.jpg

After early repulses by the Portugese, reinforments arrived and Bedford squashed all resistance. Battle was not joined with the large Castillian forces, instead Bedford wisely choosing to capture their fortresses while they concentrated most of their efforts on Aragon.

England9.jpg

With victory in Iberia a mere formality, the small Portugese fleet humilate the much larger home fleet off Lisbon, needless to say the Admiral in command was later tried and hanged for gross incompetence. Later the Home fleet was to make amends and utterly destroy all the Portugese shipping.

England10.jpg

A man's greatest moment in life is when his enemy lays vanquished, his village aflame, his herds driven before you and his weeping wives and daughters are clasped to your breast, it is good to be the King.

England11.jpg

26 years of constant warfare wearied my subjects, some even rebelled, though paid for their disobedience with their lives. But I had compassion on the masses, for they grew poor as the royal treasury grew fat (even to the extent that a new wing had to be built on the tower of London to house it all), peace was signed with mine enemies and Englands borders were expanded, much rejoicing was had by the people.

England12.jpg

Though it did not remain for long, as Aragon made war on the infidel. York routed them, captured the capital and peace was agreed for a small sum.

England13.jpg

Aragon appeared eager to please, as they made war on Brittany, shortly after they annulled their vassalage and yearly tribute to England. I paused and considered, if at war, may as well make even more war with the Scots and French. Brittany paid us a small sum after they were put to shame on the battle field. Scotland and French were subjucated-vassalized, while their allies were annexed by mine.

England14.jpg

The Pope calls..."S.O.S", so we, mighty and holy England answer that call.

(I can never actually remember a game where the Turks had not moved their capital to Thrace, perhaps the time had run out for the event by the time they captured it? I dont know.)

Last edited:
Well, okay, the Ottoman AAR was not about WC... :D It seems you're going well for this one. Who owns Estremadura btw? And how do you get so much cash? Looting?

I played an Austrian game once where the Ottomans remained in Anatolia. It was cool, for I was able to unite Europe without annhilating the Ottomans. I think they just picked the ahistorical choice, since in real life they conquered Byzantium in 1453. Or perhaps that is the starting date for the "City of Men's Desire"-event.

Good luck kicking them out of Europe. I reckon you can seriously hamper their development by taking the Balkan, it will raise your stabcosts though, with all those wrong-culture, wrong-religion provinces there.

Grundius said:
Well, okay, the Ottoman AAR was not about WC... :D It seems you're going well for this one. Who owns Estremadura btw? And how do you get so much cash? Looting?

I played an Austrian game once where the Ottomans remained in Anatolia. It was cool, for I was able to unite Europe without annhilating the Ottomans. I think they just picked the ahistorical choice, since in real life they conquered Byzantium in 1453. Or perhaps that is the starting date for the "City of Men's Desire"-event.

Good luck kicking them out of Europe. I reckon you can seriously hamper their development by taking the Balkan, it will raise your stabcosts though, with all those wrong-culture, wrong-religion provinces there.

Cheers,

Estremadura = Burgundy

Cash = Yup, looting, I loot in sequence once every 13 months, the looting of Castile, France and allies, Portugal and Eire adds up to a nice windfall, while keeping inflation down.

I do not plan on taking a bunch of useless land early, my objective is to take as much wealthy land as possible, while keeping the BB down, grow rich, DA here and there, colonize, then start the war to end all wars :)

Death To Mine Enemies

England_flag_large999.jpg

Victory to the Brave

England15.jpg

Make way for the Kings men. Warwick, steadfast, the unmovable right arm of England brushes the infidels aside.

England16.jpg

Aided by a handful of lost Swedish backpackers (crusaders), English forces spread fear throughout the Muslim world after exterminating the cream of the Turkish aristocracy, before turning on the local inhabitants in a week long rampage of wanton rape and pillaging.

England17.jpg

The door has been left open and the house is now ripe for strong men to steal at will. European and Sunni nations alike begin to turn on the Ottomans, like a pack of wolves tearing at a wounded bear, while Thrace is accepted in peace terms.

England19.jpg

Fear and tremble as ye hear the battle drums and the trumpet herald the approach of the blood thirsty English ye Golden Horde. For we shall smash down your gate and burn your dwellings, before we slay your little ones and take pleasure as we listen to your screams for mercy. Then and only then shall you receive mercy, as your stretched over the block and your head is freed from your neck.

England20.jpg

You shall give me Flanders, ye backbiter of old. Do not trust in your riches or mighty men of war, for you have awakened our terrible sword and we shall consume you like an unquenchable fire.

England21.jpg

Philippe le Bon of Burgundy however found some early success.

England18.jpg

Woohoo, with a sword to their throat the greek orthodox population choose wisely. With Catholic Constantinople in our possession, I now lay claim to all lands formerly in the control of the Eastern Roman Empire as rightful property of the English crown.

England23.jpg

His kingdom burned as Phillipe le Bon ended his days on the end of an Aragonese lance. Flanders came under the protection of Englands mighty arms.

England24.jpg

...while Warwick with nerves of steel continued to make headway into the lions den. He shall be the Duke of Astrakhan and Samara for services to me and England, for making great war and causing derision against the wicked infidel.

Last edited:
This England is great... do you think WC is possible?

What version and/or patch are you using? In the last patch WC is made very very difficult, if i understood correctly.

Fnuco said:
This England is great... do you think WC is possible?

What version and/or patch are you using? In the last patch WC is made very very difficult, if i understood correctly.

Thanks :) , its very, very possible, depending if I can handle the boring bits later :D . Im using the latest beta patch...updates are quite frequent at the moment cause Im on abit of a EU binge.