• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CCR_of_the_Code

Major
57 Badges
Jan 30, 2003
Visit site
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
?During the 1870s, after almost a thousand years of continuous Turkish rule, an Armenian independence movement began. However, the Turks, desperately trying to keep to the last Christian provinces in their Empire after the Bulgars, Serbs and northern Greeks tear off the yoke of Muslim oppression, and by 1918, with the end of the Great War the majority of the Armenian population is dead. And, in 1922, to add insult to injury, the Turkish Republic, allied with the Soviets, decide to split the Armenian's blood stained lands between themselves.
However, what if the Turkish sultans decided that it would be best to have an Orthodox satellite state on the eastern Russian front, and therefore close off an entire border to Russian invasions

Note: Not supposed to be anti-Turkish. I have the utmost respect for the modern Turkish republic, save some landgrabs in the '20s. This, however, is written from the perspective of an independant Armenia.

This could be rather interesting. Are you going to be releaseing Armenia as a vassal and then play them?

stnylan said:
This could be rather interesting. Are you going to be releaseing Armenia as a vassal and then play them?
Yes, expect the first update sometime today. I hope.

This could be interesting :)

I will be keeping my eyes on this. Go Armenian Empire!

Note: For several resaons (mainly historical which I did not realize until well into my first update), the Armenian Empire in this AAR will now be of Russian succesion. Also, this will give the Armenians a much needed ally and a technological advantage against the Ottomans, while I would have neither with my expansion into Russia as an Ottoman Armenia.

For almost two thousand years, my ancestor’s land, from Cilicia to Tabristan, have been occupied by heretics. Heretics who attempt to destroy our true religion. People who steal from our families to support their wrongful empire. We have had heroes of foreign blood defend our land, and many of our own, yet all of this was in vain with the coming of the Turks. They annihilated our finest city in Ani, they lead our brothers, our sisters near their holy rock, when they forget their language, their history and their Armenian brother, their Armenian sister.

The Russian Empire, however, has given the Bay party a unique opportunity. The phase of Russian expansion without Western intervention is at an end; the Western Catholics have chosen to fight for the infidel Turks. However, it would be hard to argue that an independent Armenia did not have a to it’s ancestral lands; and surely taking all of Eastern Anatolia would leave Bulgaria, Serbia, Macedonia & Bosnia, (not to mention a possible taking of Constantinople) open to Russian expansion.

Armenia will rise. The Minarets will fall. The towers of the idolaters; the Babylonian; the Turk shall fall!

Looking forward to seeing what happens. Good luck.

And so, at the beginning of the New Year, January 1st 1836, the Great Russian Empire gave their province of Armenia, as well as the territory of Agdam to the newly created Armenian state.

The Armenians quickly realized that it was of the utmost importance to maintain very close relations with Russia, the second most powerful nation in the world, despite the fact that the ultimate goal of the Armenian King Samuel I “Hayasdanhayrig” was to add the Russian provinces of Circassia, Azerbaijan and Georgia. Thus in July of the same year Samuel both broke the defensive alliance with Russia on the first and had Russia sign a full alliance on the twenty third.

Samuel, aware of the most wonderful new steam contraptions being built in Prussia and Britain, quickly realized the importance of such a system, so, in 1836 he set up a steel factory in Armenia, a Cement factory in Armenian Azerbaijan, and by late 1838 Armenia was the first nation to have railroads across their entire nation. All of this, however, required taxes. Luckily, however, the enigmatic Bey faction was a firm believer in State Capitalism, thus even during the very first months of the year Armenia had a steady income.

Samuel also realized the dire importance for an army, in case of either Iranian or Turkish aggression. By 1837, 10% of the Armenian population (30,000) where active in the infantry, as well as another 5 divisions in reserve.

On February 19th, 1838, Egypt claimed the heathen title of Caliph, and within the day the Ottoman Sultan, Mahmud II, declared war on Egypt. Realizing that this would cause great economic turbulence in a vital region for many precious items, the west responded, mostly be disavowing defensive treaties (France did not declare war on the Ottomans, the UK did not respond), or siding with the Ottomans (Prussia, Austria). However, this did very little to help Mahmud, as within a few months Egypt occupied half of Mesopatamia and was advancing into Karaman-Adana. This was only enforced when, on March 2nd, France decided to align with Egypt.

On August 4th, 1838, one of the most important events in Armenian, and possibly world history: Russia declares war on the Ottoman Empire, and asks Armenia for help. The strategy was simple-Russian divisions move into Bulgaria, Wallachia, Moldova and Trapzon, dispite a major war with Austria due to their allegiance with the Ottomans, while Armenian forces move thru Diyarkadr, Karaman and other parts of Turkish Armenia.

The first few months went very well for the Russo-Armenian alliance. By the time the Armenian reserves where ready, Armenia held most of Kars. The reserves doubled the size of the army, and within the end of 1839 Armenia was ready for peace, having taken, along with Egypt, most of Anatolia and Mesopatamia. However, Russian help continued to dwindle, as the Russians pushed further towards Vienna.

It sounds almost as though an Ottoman comeback is being hinted at.

Good start.