• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Styrbiorn

Vexillophilite
6 Badges
Nov 2, 2001
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
Edit: Updated the link, in case anyone would be interested...
http://odin.prohosting.com/eu2mods/aon.exe

Note that the AoN is pre-beta and no "official" version realeased. This is the latest updates. To run you need to patch the game to 1.07 and with Moctezuma's time patch (which can be found on .his site ).

OLD INFO:
(I'll let it remain in case anybody would find it helpful)

wryun has created an excellent self-extracting version of the AoN:
Originally posted by wryun
Since the installation process is hardly user-friendly at the moment, people might want to try gone, which is basically just a collection of the current AoN files on my system (the whole AoN, including the graphics... about 3.3mb!). It uses the 7-zip program, but you don't need to know this, because it's self-extracting.

Installation is somewhat easier:
  1. [*]run the executable and select your 'Europa Universalis 2' directory to extract into
    [*]right-click on your EU2 shortcut, tell it to 'create shortcut', and add aon to the target as well as changing the icon to the one in the aon directory.
    Your target should end up looking something like: "C:\Program Files\Europa Universalis 2\eu2.exe" aon
    [*]run the two new executables in your main EU2 directory, eu2_no_population_limit.exe and eu2unlimitedpatch.exe, to allow the game to go past the normal limits
    [*]now just run the AoN from the new shortcut
The reason the download is so much smaller is that I removed most of the unnecessary graphics (those that duplicated the ones in standard eu2) as well as some funny archives that were floating around. Other changes included fixing the end event in the special_events.txt file and adding the icon and the trade good graphics from the AoN Public Beta. This is just my current copy of the AoN, and it has not been tested much apart from seeing that it loads and plays through a couple of years ok... you have been warned.
We take no responsibility if they game stops working after installing this, but the worst scenario that can happen is that you have to reinstall the game.

Last edited:
I can never seem to be able to download these files given the bandwith cap. Would you mind putting it up somewhere else (I could mirror them too once I have them)?

In a mild fit of insanity, I set my computer up this morning to upload all the AoN's publicly released files... and I mean all. Well, almost. I'll get 1_5 up in a couple of hours when the bandwidth gets reset on brinkster.

http://www.ug.cs.su.oz.au/~jhaggert/eu2/

Realise that this will most likely be temporary... if the silly IT people at uni. realise I'm using piles of their bandwidth, and that they don't have a disk-space limit on me (the drive this stuff is on is 98% full), they're likely to be annoyed. And all that may disappear.

Originally posted by Ramo
I can never seem to be able to download these files given the bandwith cap. Would you mind putting it up somewhere else (I could mirror them too once I have them)?

Yes, but then I'll get those IT people at the university after me. I'll try to find something out till the next update though.

lemme get this straight -
first install original AON (pre 1.6 one)
then install eu unlimited
then install original AON's update (Ramo's update)
then install revision 2 for 1.06/1.07(styrborn's update)
then install the graphics
then install revision 1.5 update?

Originally posted by vodkafire
lemme get this straight -
first install original AON (pre 1.6 one)
then install eu unlimited
then install original AON's update (Ramo's update)
then install revision 2 for 1.06/1.07(styrborn's update)
then install the graphics
then install revision 1.5 update?

Nah, I just overkilled, uploading everything, because I think Styrbiorn's release might not have all the events in AoN beta and Ramo's stuff. All you _need_ are Styrbiorn's files, listed in the first post. I think. (e.g. 2_1, graphics files, then install 1_5 over the top)

Originally posted by wryun
Nah, I just overkilled, uploading everything, because I think Styrbiorn's release might not have all the events in AoN beta and Ramo's stuff. All you _need_ are Styrbiorn's files, listed in the first post. I think. (e.g. 2_1, graphics files, then install 1_5 over the top)

All you should have is the files listed in this thread. The older AoN is old, not bug-fixed and contains much less events. The files in this thread has all the things from the BETA + a lot more - we should bury the old BETA.

Another version is up and running. Changes made:

Lots of things I don't remember. Most important:

-Updated to 1.07.

-Events for Russia.

-Supply limit totally remade. The only way to do this was to raise the tax values tremendously (+10-16 in every single province). Don't worry though, the huge increase was compensated with large negative tax income bonuses due to religions, so the economy works like before. This will enable you to have 25-34000 more troops in an enemy province without attrition, and the double/triple in friendly provinces.

The only thing I think we need now before an official release is graphics for the remaining countries - and prefereably nation descriptions.

Last edited:
Has Brinkster cut you off for overuse or something? I can't even get the bandwidth cap exceeded message now...

The Paradox server was down when I tried to get these files (or maybe my school decided to block out this site). I'll try again today.