• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
We're currently doing approval testing of the 1.2 patch, and it looks very likely its out before the end of the month.

So what have we done about capitalist building logic?

- Capitalists are no longer restricted to building factories/railroads in the state they live in.
- Capitalists now select a couple of states to invest in rather than distribute money over the entire nation
- Capitalist build selection now less random, are nowmuch more likeley to listen to national focus.
- Capitalist projects now responds to economic policy changes
- Capitalists should now invest some of their money in projects before buying luxuaries

And what have we done about capitalist promotion?

- Pops are less likely to promote to capitalists where there is low amount of beurucrats or if they have low literacy.
- Artisans will not consider becoming capitalists if the capitalists are not well off.
- Capitalists are now less likely to be promoted in low pop areas or if they are non-accepted culture.

And of course a few other things with capitalists have been tweaked as well.

Looks great! :)

May I ask if the last three points are designed specifically to prevent the ahistorical industrialisation of India and other such places? If so, kudos and may it work out for the best. :D

I have a question slightly unrelated to the capitalist topic...

Did Paradox look at the various community-made fixes, in addition to the reported bugs, when establishing the list of what needed to be fixed?

The Demand Mod helps, but the "Realism and Rebalance" mod for example, well, it almost feels like a 1.2 patch on it's own considering how much it improves the overall experience and late-game viability.

Just pondering if you guys at least combed carefully over its changelog, to see what ideas were worth incorporating in a real patch?

More good changes. Keep up the good work PI.

Can't wait! Thanks for the update!

Did Paradox look at the various community-made fixes, in addition to the reported bugs, when establishing the list of what needed to be fixed?

The Demand Mod helps, but the "Realism and Rebalance" mod for example, well, it almost feels like a 1.2 patch on it's own considering how much it improves the overall experience and late-game viability.

Just pondering if you guys at least combed carefully over its changelog, to see what ideas were worth incorporating in a real patch?

Paradox developers do spend quite a lot of time reading stuff at public forums. Additionally beta testers do the same and some even participate in modding efforts. It is quite common for beta testers to give suggestions based on ideas coming from modders.

But not all fixes done by modders can be taken into use straight away. For example let's say there is a bug in the code that divides production of a good instead of multiplying it as intended. Modder solution is to increase the base output of the good, while developer changes the code to multiply. Doing both would mean flooding the market.

Great! But what about the map cashe creation crash, will it be fixed in 1.2? (please, we modders would so much like to know) :)

But not all fixes done by modders can be taken into use straight away. For example let's say there is a bug in the code that divides production of a good instead of multiplying it as intended. Modder solution is to increase the base output of the good, while developer changes the code to multiply. Doing both would mean flooding the market.

Oh, of course. I wasn't expecting them to incorporate anything as-is, but rather was wondering if they had the time to look at what the community felt needed to be changed. Good to hear you say they do.

oh yes...

I have put playing this game on hold until 1.2 comes out.. so this is great news.. practically awaiting the "release date" on this one.

Will we see a compiled list of all the daily updates of whats in 1.2 before the release?

I have put playing this game on hold until 1.2 comes out.. so this is great news.. practically awaiting the "release date" on this one.

I have done this as well but I am really itching to keeping playing Scotland to see if I can make it a Great power!

- Capitalists are no longer restricted to building factories/railroads in the state they live in.
- Capitalists now select a couple of states to invest in rather than distribute money over the entire nation

Huge! This means an actual late-game burgeoning Industralised American South instead of me trying to do it through State capitalism. Kudos!

I'll be honest, I wasn't really awaiting the patch (the community mods were good enough for me) but this news has made me very :D

Sounds nice, really nice.

Currently capitalists will only build railways if they are allowed to build factories under the government's economic policy and there is no way to change it so that they can build railways but not factories. Is it possible to seperate them so modders can create a economic policy where capitalists can build railways but not factories, or vice-versa?