• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan11

Deadpan Snarker
51 Badges
Dec 24, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Hi!

I thought that I would make a go at making an AAR. As i recently discovered the CU mod (Glory to its maker), I decided to try that mod for a game.

I will be playing on normal difficulty, with everything normalized, except inflation which i, (due to being absolutely noobish at economics handling) has set to gold provinces only, and Lucky nations, which i turned off.

I will be playing as Papua, the jolly island nation north of Australia.

I will be starting in 1000, the standard starting year of CU.

My goals will be:
Surviving at least 400 years
Not abandoning the AAR until achieved Goal 1.
Promoting the CU mod.
Testing my writing skills.

Please do also note, that I, due to having a really weird sense of humor, being danish, and having a mind that drifts off easily, I'm bad at taking screens at the right time, bad at english, and will be posting weird sentences and pictures where they dont belong.

The author takes no responsibility of injuries occuring because of those things.

First update could be out soon. Will definately be there tomorrow.

The land of the yellow bird

My very first AAR​

As mentioned above, because of my slipping mind, I have very little pictures in the first years, that will eventually change, though the timing will still be horrible.

As i started, my first goal was to stay out of the trouble always occurring on the australian mainland, and unite all of the island under my rule, to prevent possible enemies to get a foothold on the isles.

Heres the first picture, from somewhere in early 1002:
10rpxth.jpg

As you see, i was quickly off, forgetting that colonists and colonies cost money. And, meet our happy king, King Boonga (Seriously, I can't take a guy named Boonga serious, how frightning he may be):

2el767s.jpg

And of course, the image of our grand king, tilted because of dumb mistake...:

14syvzd.jpg

And my first mission:
zn4row.jpg

A pretty average start, with an average mission. I proceed to building my army, but the expanding colonies proves that my army building will be fruitless until I stop expanding.

A short update has this been, but before we end, I bring you a world map of the world in mid 1003, after the beginning years:

21j3kw0.jpg

Last edited:
First answering round:

To T0m: Well, it isnt as hard when its with the empty old world :).

Please dont refrain from reminding me of possible ways to improve writing, and to notice screenie fails. I just started a user on photobucket, so if theres trouble, please help me changing this by giving me hints on photobucket.

Good luck! I don.t know much about the mod, who are the major powers in your area?
Dunno about turning inflation off, its one of the main features of the game.

Ah it's good to see another player of the mod of pure awesomeness! I'l be following!

Thanks. As I have little experience with photobook (or what its called, forgot the name :)), would someone please explain what tinypic is??

Alas, thanks for the comments. As I'm only a little ahead in time of the game (I'm in 1010), updates will be coming in a little slow in the start, but I'm sure it will accelerate.

EDIT: About the inflation, I normally play with it all turned off, as I really suck at money handling. So, having inflation is really new for me. As a result, I'm making my games harder over time.

Good luck! I don.t know much about the mod, who are the major powers in your area?
Dunno about turning inflation off, its one of the main features of the game.

Well, In my area it would possibly be the english Austarlian nations, Queensland is currently kicking ****, but I hope i Can stop that.

You should use tinypic, its what I use for my AAR

Tinypic??

Ehum. Either I'm blind or the screenies you refered to have vanished into the blue sky (on the back of a yellow bird)

Oh, thats right. Help someone, why does this happen!!!????:eek:

Ah it's good to see another player of the mod of pure awesomeness! I'l be following!

Thank you. (I completely trust my computer. It is very throwable....)

Use flickr. First you need sign with yahoo account, then you will upload picture. After upload complete, click in the size select 100%. When full picture appears you should mouse-right click, then choose copy link page if you're using firefox. Finally you can insert image in the post by just copy-paste previous got link of picture.

What the heck is tinypic. Alas, I use Windows Internet Explorer. and I use photoucket. anyone who knows why the pics dont show up when given that info

Thats without saying

Then ill try Tinypic. Hopefully the pictures will be up soon.

EDIT: Didnt work. I still cant see the pictures. Question: Should I just copy the address it says im in, or copy something else??

Last edited: