• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sweboy

Lt. General
25 Badges
Sep 29, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
After much experimentation and grilling of people I have finally manage to kick this AAR off.

The aim of the game is to form the Mughal Empire from Delhi and Great Wales and to make it slightly more exciting I will use two maps, one normal and one made with Nom's map generator. I have modded the game so that Wales and Cornwall are free nations at the beginning of the game and also set up an event that will cause Great Wales to form (You need Wales and Cornwall). I will be playing in 7 year batches to start with beginning with Delhi followed by Wales on the random map.

All setting will be normal and I am using NA 2.2, Nom's map generator 1.0 and a event to from Great Wales

The aim as Delhi is to form the Mughal Empire as soon as possible and after that take all the other provinces that I get a core on (Gazni, Balkh, Kabulistan, Badakhshan, Sind, Bakkar, Multan, Lahore, Chandigarh, Sutlej, Thar, Jaisalmer, Jodphur, Jaipur, Bikaner, Panipat, Delhi, Agra, Mandla, Oudh, Allahabad, Balushistan, Indus, Quetta, Kohistan, Ladakh). If I succsed with this I will try to take the whole subcontinent.

The same goes for Wales. I have to find and take Cornwall and then I will try to take all other provinces that belong to the Gaelic culture group which I have a core on now (Armor, Finistere, Morbihan, Highlands, Ulster, Connaught, Munster, Leinster, Gloucestershire, Marches, Meath, Western Isles). If this succeeds I will try to take Scotland and England too.

If wales is not a free nation when its first turn starts I will release it again but I wont do it later in the game.

When Photobucket allows me to log on again I will upload the random map.

Hopefully the use of mixed maps will cause all kinds of mayhem for the nations as their borders will be utterly mixed up. And hopefully it wont go the same way as the proud Knights quest for Jerusalem...

And if some one could tell me how to make a clickable link for my signature I would also be happy!

Questions?

Here is the new world map

topology-2.jpg

provinces-1.jpg

They are now the right way around

Last edited:
I better post new ones that are the right way up.

I think the knights have had enough fun for some time. I just hope Scotland doesn't come after me again :D

Update coming later this week. Played the first seven years and switched to the other map. I am also happy to say that Wales is still alive and kicking!

This looks good but, unless you have changed this as well, though you haven't mentioned it, Delhi can't form the Mughal empire. It does not meet the culture requirements. You will need to change that event as well.

Code:
trigger = { 		NOT = { exists = MUG } 		
NOT = { has_country_flag = mughal_nation_declined } 		
OR = { 			
culture_group = eastern_aryan 			
culture_group = hindusthani 			
culture_group = western_aryan 			
culture_group = dravidian 			
primary_culture = mongol 		} 		
owns = 519		# Jaipur 		
owns = 521		# Panipat 		
owns = 522		# Delhi 		
owns = 523		# Lucknow 		
owns = 524		# Agra 		
war = no 	}

To my understanding Delhi is Hindustani and therefore can form the Mughal empire.

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Mughal_unification

Or have I got it wrong?

Rastar said:
One question...How do you play 1 game with 2 maps?

When Delhi's turn is over I save the game and then reload it as Wales. Then I export the file to the other mod and start it again as Wales. This way I carry across what has happened from the previous round to the new map. I could just restart it as Delhi in the new map and locate Wales but that makes it quite like a needle in a haystack.

Ill try to upload the first turn in the next day or so. And also sort out the Mughal event. Need to tweek it a bit so it can actual happen for Delhi.

Let the Game begin!

Here is a Map of Delhi at the start of the game. (I am assuming that most people know where Wales is located and will therefore not upload a map of Wales yet)

OpeningCredits.jpg

And here is some general statistics.

We still have a respectable reputation and a Casus Belli on Bihar. Or neighbour seems to tolerate us but not really love us.

The realm is ruled by Bahul Ludi who seems to be an ok ruler and the characters below are his first cabinet (the best mugs on the market at the beginning of the game)

Cabinet1.jpg

Since we don’t have any sea boarders I’ll put that slider to zero.

Cabinet2.jpg

This is our Glorious Army lead by our king.

cabinet3.jpg

And finally the religious and governmental information. We are Despotic and very interested in eastern religion.

cab4.jpg

To be able to get to our goal as fast as possible we need some more men. Our man pool is 4040, so we swiftly recruit another 4 regiments and bide our time…

Whilst we plot and scheme against Rajputna, who owns the last piece of our Imperial Crown, Kashmir offer us an alliance.

kashmir-3.jpg

This glorious alliance lasted two days. Kashmir dishonoured the alliance at the first sight of war.

We will deal with them later we have more important fish to fry. Malwa on the other hand has realised that we will be a great power in this neck of the woods and offers us an alliance on the 16 of June.

Malva.jpg

We start the war by invading Jaipur followed by Thar. The war goes well bar a small invasion of Agra by Rajputna that we crush in a tick

Agra.jpg

In January 1454 the first province falls. Thar is ours after 125 days.

Thar.jpg

In February 1454 we realise that we are not the only ones that are after Rajputana’s scalp. Our Ally Malwa followed by Sind and Gujarat has also joined the fun. This will be Poland all over again.

threefrontwar.jpg

After 250 days Jaipur falls and we have the last piece in our imperial crown! This looks like it will be a walk in the park!

Jaipur.jpg

(And then I discover that it is the capital province of this pesky country and that I can’t claim it!)

Our lord is told one of the funniest things in a long time in April 1454, Rajputana is offering us a white peace whilst we are more or less using their army as a ping pong ball in the southern part of the country.

Our glorious army encounters a minor setback when Rajputana’s forces manage to attack Thar but we fight them off.

In July another offer of white peace comes our way. No way. We smell blood!

Our victorious army has once again succeeded in taking another province from our enemy, Jaisalmer finally falls after 200 days.

Jaisalmer.jpg

It also looks like our Ally Malwa has managed to occupy one of Rajputana’s south provinces.

We offer Rajputana this peace deal in October but they turn it down and then offer us almost the same deal except for the cash…

Dealone.jpg

We try some variation on this deal during the next couple of months, which includes more money, vassalisation but they fail to see that this is a once in a lifetime deal.

The war is not going well for Rajputana, they have lost one province in the west to Sind (I think) and we occupy 66% of the country. On the other hand they seem to have managed a white peace with Malwa and Gujarat.

In March Kandesh offer us an alliance mid war. We accept.

Kandesh.jpg

The month ends gloriously for us. Rajputana has accepted our peace which gave us Bikaner, Thar and Jaisalmer + 50 ducats in war damages.

Glorytous.jpg

Friendsandallies-1.jpg

This war did not end as planned but we have three of the provinces that I sat up to conquer after the Empire has formed.

More to follow.

Last edited:
Very nice start, and unusual if I don't say myself. I thought the most logical would be to head for bihar and eventually grab that rich CoT. But it seems this has worked instead. :D

Logic what is logic. Word doesn't compute.

My only answer is that I was blissfully unaware of the cot and that I had a Cassus Belli on them. To my defence I have to say my mission is to become the Mughal empire and not stinking rich!

I think I will attack them soon. It sounds like a good plan.

aldriq said:
Good start.... I told you Delhi had that lurid green colour!

Watch out for Scotland in your next turn :D

Hopefully they will be far far away from Wales on that map. I don't trust them since my last adventure!

Is there any kind of info that is lacking at the moment? Not sure what info people wants from a game like this.

Sweboy said:
Is there any kind of info that is lacking at the moment? Not sure what info people wants from a game like this.

The usual... sex, lies and videotapes... I mean battles, diplomacy and pics :rolleyes:

After the first war with Rajputana we decide to improve our relations left right and centre. Luckily we have a vast amount of offspring to offload on our unsuspecting neighbours.

The first happy marriage is between us and our ally Malwa (May 1455) swiftly followed by Kandesh in June, Deccan in September and Timud empire in October. Finally no more children plotting and scheming after our crown.

Married.jpg

A quick cabinet reshuffle is also on the cards. We ditch the one star satiability guy for a two star reputation minister.

Newcabinet1.jpg

Our new citizens are not pleased with our enlightened rule but we are not vicious and decide to negotiate (plus our economy is doing well). March 1456.

REvolt.jpg

Since we cant attack Rajputana at the moment due to this technicality called a truce we send them a warning in May in the hope they will declare war on someone in the neighbourhood (May 1456)

July 1457 give us an opportunity for a reshuffle. We sack the two star reputation guy for a five star one.

To pile up more pressure on our arch enemy, we dispatch an insult to the Rajputana court in May 1457. Hopefully they will get the message and attack.

In October our least favourite offspring comes of age so we send him off to wreck havoc on our old ally Kashmir (ok I forgot that I had an axe to grind with them when I did this.)

Marriedkash.jpg

In December the same year we suffer royal dementia. Chagatai asks us for military access and I can’t remember if I granted it. I suspect bad memory and porphyria. (I think I did not grant them this). This request was followed by the same by Malwa which I think we granted to help them against Orissa and Deva Bengal.

More to come.

March1459 brings the truce between us and Rajputana to an end but I resist declaring war again. Not sure I want to leave Delhi with a war on an alien world. Instead we opt for some spy action.

Claim.jpg

If this works we will be able to attack Rajputana with less stab hit and we have the cash to squander.

Apparently spying is not my forte. It failed abysmally. And to add to the insult Bikaner revolts.

Claimtwo.jpg

The revolt was easily dispatched, but like a hydra another popped up in Jaisalmer in June.

Bikaner.jpg

Revolttwo.jpg

During the rebellion Chagatai offer us a royal marriage that we accept. We seem to have more offspring than Pongo and Perdita. (July 1559)

Moremarriage.jpg

The rebellion is quelled and the end of Delhi’s turn is upon us. Here are some stats before the switch over.

Our realm and army

End.jpg

Friends and family

Relations.jpg

And our court

Court.jpg

And economy

Economy2.jpg

I hope the AI wont wreck my nation in my absence or loose any of the provinces I have taken.

Nice start, and good stats on your leader/general. Would be a shame to not use him in a few more battles :D

I would recommend focusing all investment on one research area (or stability), and setting the rest to 0.

Also, am guessing that your current treasury setting will result in quite a bit of inflation...

This is Delhi in the other map. Not sure I have managed to get all part of it in it. This are the provinces that I found. I appologize for the patchwork look of the map but I have not figured out how to make one over whole of my country.

Dehlinewworldmap-1.jpg

I fear mayhem