• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SeanB

Colonel
10 Badges
Jun 2, 2005
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Hey! I thought this could be interesting. Should this thread go successfully, I may take this game into Victoria. The goal of this game is to do my best to portray the Roman Empire as a real nation, which means, at this point, they aren’t devoting all their strength to conquering all of Europe like some lunatic. :p I hope in the end, this will be a unique and enjoyable AAR for all who read it.

The Empires initial ambitions for Europe at the most, are pretty much restricted to the old Empire of Justinian, especially if the Palaiologids, being the more peaceful and reserved sort, remained in power. Hell, getting them to even reclaim their pre-Mazikert empire would be an effort indeed, but for storyline sake, we’ll just say Manuel got a spine, and started thinking more about the good of the Empire rather than the Palaiologid family. ;) Now I’m not saying the Empire won’t expand beyond their Justinian borders, but if they do, their has to be a truly good cause for it. I’ll try not to make it stale and planned. Also, feel free to offer any suggestions during the game as to what decisions I should make.

Let us proceed then, forgive my poor wording please unlike many of people here it seems, I am not a natural born writer. ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark clouds slowly form over a small town in eastern Thrace, signifying rain, or perhaps even a storm. Beppolenus Malakes wiped the sweat from his forehead, as he turned his eyes upwards towards the approaching clouds. Slamming his axe firmly in the stump he often used as a cutting block, he gathered what little wood he had managed to prepare. The storm was unexpected.

Slumping the wood over his back within his old burlap sack, he started back home. He lived along the Roman frontier, the gateway between Anatolia and the last remains of the once proud Roman Empire. Once, it meant something to be under its rule, but those days had long gone, the “Empire” now nothing more than a decentralized pocket of land under the rule of the cowardly and self centered Palaiologid family. They were now sparsely able to even repel the constant raids by the Ghazi tribes to the east. The Sultan, their supposed protector of course did nothing to deter it himself.

Opening the door to his home, he entered, laying the firewood on the floor, as his wife moved to great him. “Was this all that you could find…?” She questioned him, starring at the firewood, a somewhat disappointed expression on her face. “A storm is on the way, I had to return before what I was able to gather became wet.” He said rather disgruntled himself.

His wife never the less moved to put the wood on fire, in order to prepare dinner. As many of the people outside the gates of Constantinople were, they were a family use to poverty. The Empire did not even have enough funds to provide a proper army for defense, never mind a good life for its peasants.

Beppolenus moved to take a seat at the table, when he heard the all too familiar cry of his sheep. “Didn’t you lock the sheep up?” he questioned his wife, who was now busy heating the pot over the modest fire she was able to make with the wood, “I did, but the lock on the gate must have broken lose again, I told you we needed a new one.” She scolded back at him slightly. “We can’t afford it!’ He shouted back at her as he stood sharply, quickly making his way outside to secure his flock once more.

The sheep were quickly scrambling towards the woods he immediately noticed as he gazed upon them, quickly dashing after them, “Return here at once fool beast! Do not make me chase you, unless you want to end up my din-” His speech was cut off as a sharp pain shot through his spine, causing his body to go limp. Beppolenus collapsed to the ground, unable to move. The sound of thunder echoed in the ground…no, not thunder. His eyes gazed upwards as much as his strength would allow, a large horse stood before him, its rider gazing down at him.

Fear and dread suddenly overwhelming him, he quickly tried to get up, but to no avail. His blood soaked the ground, an arrow had pierced his spine, paralyzing him. The looming figure, clearly of Turkish origin grinned down at him, before plunging his spear into his skull. Beppolenus’ limp skull plopped on the ground, as the Ghazi Turk pulled his spear from it. Holding it above his head, he let out a high pitched scream, as hundreds of his companions began riding towards the small town. With torches they rode, lighting the straw roofs of the modest households ablaze, slaughtering any who stood in the way of their looting. The peasants lucky enough to escape from their houses were either cut down, or shot by the arrows of the Ghazi raiders, as they attempted to flee their burning town. Enraged by the pathetic lack of supplies this town had to offer, the captain of the band of raiders gave the order to raze the town.

Few escaped to tell the tale of Ghazi’s massacre of their town…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prelude, tell me what you think, and please give any advise that you think could be helpful, this is my first AAR. :) Oh, do you prefer the old medieval style speech, or would you prefer me to simply use modern style English, since they are actually speaking Greek anyway.

Last edited:
Thank you for the encouraging words, it helps a lot. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the prelude. Well, we should have some screenshots in this post. Oh, I'm gonna just use standard English this time, as I suck at ye ol' medieval tongue, and they are technically speaking in Greek anyway.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Constantinople, the capital of the Roman Empire, and once the center of Europe. Despite the fact that it no longer governed over an Empire, it still truly was a sight to behold, with its empowering walls, its captivating art and literature, and the great Imperial Palace itself. However the city was in a state of panic and chaos on this early morning.

No more than five hours earlier had reports come in of the Ghazi raid on one of the small border towns of the Empire. Many of the people within the city, the total population now numbering some 50,000 ( A mere shadow of its former glory, though still one of the largest cities in the region. ) feared that this was merely a prelude to a larger invasion by the hordes Ghazi Turks. Many of Constantinople’s most wealthy nobles were considering fleeing the great city as an option.

Within the Imperial Palace, Manuel II Palaiologus paced furiously. One of his advisors approached him slowly, "Sire...our commanders believe an immediate invasion of Smyrna is our only option. Our people fear that we are unable to properly protect them...we need this victory badly, to prove to them that we can protect our great city, less we risk Constantinople becoming deserted..." He said in a rather unconfident tone. No one was truly confident that they even had the ability to defeat even a foe such as Ghazi.

Manuel slowly ran his hand through his hair. "How many men can we afford to send?" He question his advisors calmly. Looking back and forth between one another for a moment, the advisor closest finally replied, "No more than 15,000 sire...and raising such an army will drain our coffers greatly..." he cautioned. The Empire was in great financial debt, and was barely avoiding bankruptcy.

A heavy sigh escaped from the mouth of the Emperor as he sat down heavily on his throne. He clearly did not like his options, though if something was not done soon, there would be no Empire to defend. "Very well..." He finally broke the silence, "Mobilize all that we can possibly afford, we march on Smyrna."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside the gates of Constantinople men gathered for the campaign into the Ghazi territory to the east. Moral was low - the Roman Army was a mere shadow of what it once was. It was a collection of poorly trained conscripts, most forced from their homes and into a campaign that they feared they may never return from. Among the 10,000 peasant infantry, most gathered from the many towns surrounding Constantinople, rode 5,000 nobles directly from the city itself. For them, the campaign did have something of great value.

Before its loss to the Turks, the powerful Dynatoi ruled much of the land in Anatolia, including Smyrna. The nobles were eager to reclaim some of their families precious estates, no matter the cost.

At the head of the army Manuel sat proudly upon his steed. Earlier in the day, he had mobilized the Imperial navy, ordering the land bridge that connected Central Asia to the Balkans blockaded, in case a retreat was necessary. This prevented the Ghazi Turks and their Karaman allies from pursuing them into the heart of Thrace itself. The fleet of the Ghazi Barbaroi was a joke, and had no chance of breaking the blockade.

Kicking the sides of his horse, Manuel, and the army of Rome began the first expedition into Anatolia in over 50 years.

picy13fj.png

Next up, the invasion of Smyrna. :)

Last edited:
yourworstnightm said:
Yeah, in AGCEEP an early invasion of Smyrna is a must- do, since you start with only one province!

Way ahead of ya. Oh, how do I post pictures in the actual post?

SeanB said:
Way ahead of ya. Oh, how do I post pictures in the actual post?

1. Find an image host. I prefer Photobucket. Others may have different recommendations. Your call.
2. Upload the pictures to there and find their URLs (Photobucket shows it below the picture).
3. Put this into the post:

and it should show up.

EDIT: Oh, just realized you already have them hosted. Well, all you need is step 3, then. :)

Hey guys. Welp, its time to check and see how ol' Manuel and his Smyrna Campaign is going.

Smyrna, the link that ties the Aegean and Black Seas. Once a great center of trade for the Empire, it has been reduced to the home of the savage Ghazi Turks, their base for the constant raids into Thrace. On the plains of Smyrna, roughly 2,000 of the Ghazi's horsemen had assembled, planning on launching another raid into the heartland of the Empire.

Kemel Hasad, at the head of his army glanced back at his men. A grin slowly formed on his face as he swiftly kicked the sides of his horse, mustering it forward. His men followed quickly in his step, eager for the riches that wait ahead.

Kemel remembered hearing tales of the great riches of Constantinople, of how the Hagia Sophia was filled with enough gold to guarantee he and his men a life of luxury for the rest of their days. If only they could breach those infernal walls.

No matter, even though Constantinople itself may be beyond reach, the wealth of the many surrounding settlements surely weren't. Kemel hastened the march, growing ever more eager for the loot that awaited him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the coast of Western Smyrna, the armies of the Roman Emperor had made camp. Emperor Manuel sat within his tent, carefully going over the geography of the area. It seemed to be mostly flat land, which if reports are correct, would work in his advantage due to his vastly superior numbers.

Outside, the gallop of a horse rang through the camp, as a single man rode towards the tent of the Emperor. Dismounting his horse he hastily enters the tent, kneeling before Manuel, "Sire...I bring news. The heretic Ghazi are riding towards our location as I speak." He said plainly, still kneeling.

Manuel stood sharply, looking down at the man before him, "What? How many?" He barked towards the scout, "From what I can see my lord, no more than 5,000 at the most." he quickly responded, never rising from his crouched position.

Manuel nodded to him, "Rise...they must not know we are here if that is all they are sending. It is probably but another raiding party. We can use this to our advantage." Manuel turned to his most trusted General, Domentziolus Pleustes, "We may be able to take them by surprise, I believe.", The older man simply nodded to his liege, "Yes sire, if we move quickly, we may be able to surprise and overwhelm them with little loss of life." he said in his usual dry voice.

It was settled, then. They would set out immediately, and meet their enemy head on. The shock of suddenly seeing so many of the enemy upon them would no doubt startle and demoralize them.

13,000 men were quickly assembled a distance away from the camp, 2,000 dromons remaining in the camp. Manuel held his sword high, and signaled the army to move forward.

Kemel and his 2,000 cavalrymen quickly stormed across the plains of Smyrna, growing ever closer to their goal, "Those decadent fools will not know what hit them." Kemel muttered to himself.

As the Ghazi army approached a slight incline, Kemel sighted a single Turkish male desperately climbing over the hill, trying to escape from some unseen threat. From over the hill an arrow rose, planting itself firmly in the back of the Turk, sending him tumbling down the hill, his body landing at the bottom in an unnatural position.

Kemel quickly halted his forward march, signaling the rest of the army to follow suit. Expecting the thunderous sound of his horse army to cease, he was surprised when it only seemed to grow in volume. Glancing behind him, he saw that his men had indeed followed his command, and halted their advance.

Returning his gaze to the hill, his eyes widened in horror as he saw a flag, the symbol of the double eagle rise above the incline like a beast from hell. Wasting no time, he turned his steed around, shouting for his men to fall back, to retreat. "Fall back! We must withdraw to the walls of Izmi-" His sentence was cut short as an arrow pierced through the back of his armor and into his spine.

Kemel's eyes widened, as he felt the sharp pain filter through his body. His limp body fell from his steed, as it attempted to speed from the battle on its own accord. Kemel was able to tilt his head high enough to see the figure before him, a nobleman, looking down on him as he sat upon his white steed. It was then that he remembered the man and his wife...the family he had slain. His thoughts were cut short, as the Kataphractoi plunged his spear into his skull, killing the Ghazi Turk in one blow.

The Roman cavalry quickly cut the retreating Turks off from their only rout of escape, as the dromons closed rapidly on their position. Their position hopeless, and their army facing certain defeat, the Turks surrendered without a fight.

The army of the Roman Empire was victorious, and though many within the army still found the prospect of total victory hard to swallow, fearing Ottoman interference, for the moment, they had won the day.

Manuel wasted no time besieging Izmir, ordering the Imperial fleet to prevent any supplies from entering the city. Within 8 months the city surrendered, and the double eagle was hoisted on the ramparts of Izmir. Smyrna was now theirs, but the war was not over yet.

upload24iy.png

Manuel II set his sights on Antalya, the center of the Ghazi tribes. Only with its defeat could Constantinople’s safety be assured.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this one, more soon to come. :)

Last edited:
Thanks! Your AAR is awesome as well. Good luck dealing with all of the Barbaroi. ;)

A very good start, Sean!

I think you were wise to stop with the 'medieval' speak. (Thee, thou, etc.) It tends to distract from the story and doesn't really serve any useful purpose. I once saw a fantasy novel written like that: I didn't make it out of chapter one before I got bored and tossed it.

Sometimes it CAN be useful to remind your readers this isn't the modern world. Then you could toss in a word or two in Greek, let us figure out what it means (or tell us outright), and just push on.

Incidentally, Alhazen recently posted a list of Byzantine titles that might prove useful. The post in question is the fourth one in.

Byzantine Titles and Such

Good luck!

Save Our Sebastokratoria ... or something like that... ;)

Kali tyxh... good luck.

You will need it. And don't forget...

Empire=Αυτοκρατορία in greek ...or Autokratoria in greenglish.

Will be watching this with admiration.

Alright, time for another chapter to the Roman Revival, and its a long one. :)

Manuel II Palaeologus rode at the head of his victorious army, hastily marching them towards total victory in Antalya. While the Autocrator may have been confident in an a Roman victory, his soldiers were still in doubt. They had lost over 2,000 men in the siege of Izmir, and now marched towards a strengthened Ghazi army, and yet another long siege. On top of this, many of the Ghazi tribes were allied with the great Black Sheep Tribe to the east, who most consider to now be more than a match for the Roman army. Should they interfere, even the Megas Domestikos feared they would face defeat, and Constantinople would suffer rape and pillage almost assuredly.

Manuel however, already could taste victory on his lips, he dreamed of a new beginning for the once Great Αυτοκρατορία των Ρωμαίων. (Is this correct?) Nothing would deny him this, certainly not a small pocket of Turkish Barbarians. Soon, he would crush the last pocket of Ghazi resistance and claim total victory over the tribes of South Western Anatolia.

As the Roman army quickly approached, the Ottoman Sultan had chosen not to directly interfere, though they still sent supplies to their brothers in Islam, they were still recovering from their violent thrashing at the hands of the Timurid Empire, and feared that a declaration of war against the Romans would draw them into a war with Hungary and perhaps even Venice.

The warlord of Antalya, Uthman, having his request for aid from the Ottomans rejected, and with the Black Sheep Tribes utter lack of effort to protect them in this war, prepared to face defeat. Without the ability to raise more than roughly 5,000 men, he knew his force would be no match for the rapidly advancing Romans. All that could be done, would be to give them a battle to remember.

Ghiyis ud-Din Muhammad II of the Black Sheep Tribe sat within his "palace" in Larende. He had chosen not to move his armies against the Roman Empire, rather, he had hoped they would relieve Uthman of his western territory. This would allow for he and his tribe to quickly assault the remaining Ghazi holdings, and claim them for Karaman.

A man, no older than 20 ran quickly towards Muhammad, kneeling before him, "Sire! The Roman Army is nearly upon our allies! We do not believe the Ghazi will survive such a direct assault..." He spoke, still kneeling before his Chieftain. "Good." Muhammad simply responded. "I want you to gather every able bodied man from the surrounding towns, once the Romans have taken what they want, we will march on Antalya and claim it for the glory of Karaman!"

His servant gazed up at him, dumbfounded for a moment, before finally nodding his head slightly, "As you wish, my lord."

Manuel II, at the head of his army had finally arrived in the mountainous region of Antalya, setting up camp some ways back, he had left 2,000 dromons, and 1,000 of his cavalry back at camp. He also sent a force of 500 Kataphractoi clear past the Ghazi armies battle line, in order to give him an advanced warning, should the Black Sheep tribe indeed arrive to support their allies.

With 5,000 dromon, and 3,500 Kataphractoi, he prepared to meet the Ghazi tribe head on. Today, they would determine if the legacy of Constantine was indeed destined to live on. Riding to the head of his army, Manuel rose his sword high into the air, and thrust it forward, "Advance! Leave none alive!", the army began to march forward, growing ever closer to the Turkish army.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uthman watched from his steed as his foe closed in on him. Raising his blade, he signaled for his archers to unleash hell. Volleys of arrows soared through the sky, many striking down the poorly armed and disciplined dromons, yet the army of Constantinople continued its forward advance, their march quickly becoming a charge. Manuel II road from the front of his army, along with his most loyal Kataphactoi bodyguards, "Onward! Onward to victory for Constantinople!" the high spirited Autocrator shouted to his men.

The lines clashed, the dromons and he Turkish infantry fighting blow for blow, while the Kataphractoi broke through the center of the line with relative ease.

The Ghazi line began to collapse against the sheer weight of the Roman Advance. The Ghazi Turks began to retreat in the face of the advancing dromons, as the left flank collapsed.

Uthman attempted to rally his men, but to no avail, his entire army was routing, and he would soon follow suit. Uthman and his remaining Ghazi soldiers quickly retreated behind the walls of Antalya.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manuel, following his second victory over the Ghazi knew that his foes defeat was now at hand. Even the soldiers in his army were beginning to believe it possible to win. The Black Sheep Tribe clearly had no interesting in aiding their allies, and the Sultan apparently had other things on his mind.

“Surround the city, have the Imperial Fleet cut any supplies that may be trying to enter into the city through the Aegean.”

The siege of Antalya had began, and already, things were looking bleak for the Ghazi tribe.

upload36yw.png

Within but a few short months, the city had fallen, and the flag of Constantinople was raised high above the Ghazi Tribes palace. Though many were filled with doubt, in the end, victory had been achieved, just as the Autocrator had promised. For the first time in over a hundred years, the Roman Empire had conquered lands from their enemy.

Uthman knelt before Manuel, held at sword point by his captors in the Royal Palace in Antalya. Manuel stood proudly over his defeated foe. Unfolding a prepared list, he read to him the terms of surrender, “As a result of your defeat, you will cede the land of Smyrna to the Roman Empire. You will also pay a yearly tribute - half of all of your yearly income - to Constantinople. We will allow you independence, as long as you honor these terms.” Manuel finished, looking down on Uthman, “I submit to these terms, oh great Autocrator of the Romans. Thank you for your mercy and kindness…” He said meekly, still kneeling before him.

With that, Manuel turned, walking away, leaving the still groveling Uthman to rule his petty state.

The streets of Constantinople were filled with the cheers of every man woman and child. Glory be to God, the Roman Empire was victorious! “All hail the great Kosmocrator Manuel II Palaeologus!” shouted the Megas Domestikos, raising his sword high into the air, as the people cheered on their victorious Emperor, the people of Constantinople filled with a new pride and hope for their Empire. It was a good day to be Greek, it was a good day to be a Roman Citizen.

Celebrations were held all across the Empire, in both Thrace and Smyrna, the double eagle now meant something once more. A union of the east and west, however small, was now reestablished. Not everyone rejoiced at this event however. Murad II looked on at this Roman Victory with concern. He would need to watch the Roman Empire carefully in the future, lest they grow too ambitious.

As it stood, the battered but newly spirited army of Constantinople stood at around 12,000 men. Their Karaman rivals to the east held around 10,000, while the Ottomans held upwards of 45,000. Constantinople’s treasury was small for a kingdom, but was now growing. Murad II had ordered a trusted Bailiff from Constantinople to be sent to Smyrna, in order to get the most out of the people living there.

Murad II hoped that this would secure the Roman Empires safety for some time to come. Indeed, the Empire was still safe from harm, and growing stronger when he passed away in August of 1425. A great day of morning came when the news reached the populous, a grand funeral being held at the Hagia Sophia. The peoples hero had died, Ioannes VIII, the next in line, took the throne in his steed, determined to make a name for himself as his predecessor did.

March, 1427

Since the defeat of the Ghazi, the small Empire of the Romans had stabilized somewhat. Their Ghazi vassals however, only found themselves besieged by their once friends, the Turkish Black Sheep Karaman tribe. To their horror, once the walls of Antalya were breached, Muhammad II had Uthman gutted, and strung up over the ramparts of Smyrna.

The people of Constantinople made no issue of this however, they cared not about the Ghazi, and certainly did not wish to send their sons, fathers, brothers, and husbands to die fighting for some heretic Turks who they had defeated only a few years earlier.

Autocrator Ioannes however, was not happy with the course of things. Manuel II is considered a hero in Constantinople. Even two years after his death, he is still on the lips of every citizen, while he, God’s LIVING Vicar on earth, receives not so much as a nod of praise. He had instituted many tax reforms, that had brought much wealth to the Empire, and yet, no one acknowledged him for this. Always, was he in the shadow of Manuel II.

“WHY?!” Ioannes suddenly shouted, startling the members of the royal court who sat around him, almost causing the Megas Logothetes to drop his ink covered feather on this months income summery, “Why do they praise him still, when I have brought our Empire out of debt? Given them the lives of luxury they live now. Why do they still talk of his great conquest of Smyrna, rather than my economical reforms?! Do they not see? It is I who am responsible for our current prosperity! But never once do I hear my name on the lips of the common folk, never once do the Dynatoi sing praise of my accomplishments!” Ioannes ranted.

“Sire…” One of his advisors meekly walked towards him, “Manuel II won a great victory for Constantinople in the eyes of the people. They feel he saved us from the Turks. While your economics have truly aided this Empire in its recent prosperity, the common man does not see it in his every day life. As for the Dynatoi, well…many owned great estates on Smyrna, need I say more?”

Ioannes was fuming by now, “FEH! Without me, our Empire would have fallen in on itself right after “Manuel”’s death. Without me, the Empire of the Romans would not EXIST!” He continued to shout, “Yes sire…” his advisor simply acknowledged, finding it more safe to simply agree, regardless of his personal feelings.

The doors to the royal Palace were quickly flung open, as a royal messenger quickly dashed into the Imperial court, “Autocrator!” he shouted, sounding quite distressed, “Sire, Albania has just declared war on the Principality of Morea!” gasps rang throughout the Imperial Court, “It seems Morea has been pirating convoys carrying wine from Cyprus…the Crown Prince of Morea seems to have developed a drinking problem.” the Messenger finished.

The Megas Domestikos was speechless, had Theodore gone mad? What was he thinking, dragging the Empire into a confrontation with one of the most powerful Balkan Lords, the fool. The surprises didn’t stop there, however.

“This can not be allowed!” Ioannes suddenly shouted to the court. “We must not allow Albania to get away with this insult to the Autocratoria!” The royal court sat speechless at his words, his advisor finally breaking the silence, “Sire…this could be diplomatically resolved, I am sure…” Ioannes turned to him with fire in his eyes, “Did Manuel II ‘diplomatically resolve’ his dispute with the Ghazi Tribe? No! He brought the fight to them, and took his rightful land from their clutches!”

Ioannes walked towards the nearest window of the Imperial court room, “We shall conquer Albania…as Manuel conquered the Ghazi. And then, the people shall love me! ME! Ioannes the GREAT!” He clenched his fist tightly, pumping it into the air.

The Megas Domestikos simply shook his head slowly in the shadows. Next month, war was declared on Albania, and 8,000 men were quickly drafted into the Imperial army.

The army of Constantinople marched through Macedonia, towards Kruja, the capital of Albania, and the seat of King Gjon I Kastrioti. With Ioannes at its head, eager for glory and prestige, 15,000 dromons and 5,000 cavalrymen wasted no time in moving to confront their new enemy.

“I will be great, and then, the people will praise my name, not Manuel’s!” Ioannes thought to himself, as he grew ever closer towards the Empires newest foe.

screensave15xt.png

Phew, next post will be here soon. :) Hope you all enjoyed this one.

Last edited:
Αυτοκρατορία των Ρωμαίων. (Is this correct?)

Yes it is. I hope you do good in Albania. I mostly don't. I can't understand how you evaded the Turks by now. Do what you can to avoid them, and try to build a coalition against them, but all of that in due time. If you can get Hellas, Albania and Morea back to the fold before dealing with them, you should be good to go. But whatever you do, if it is up to you, try to avoid dealing with the Turks until you are as ready as can be, and they are waging wars elsewhere.

Please post on the leaders available, since I sincerely believe that strong leaders should exist for Byzantion. I am trying to create a leader list, so I could REALLY use some hands on report as to the leaders available. Turks have amazingly good leaders, wheras Byzantium post 1460's doesn't. I hope this can be remedied in later AGCEEP releases.

Well, I've devoted some of my cash flow into personal gifts to the Sultan, so our relations aren't too bad right now, also, I think they are a bit distracted by that Austria-Hungary coalition.

yourworstnightm said:
You just might have becoem a little Empire before the silly ottoman have evenr ealized anything....
Yes, an empire based mainly in the Balkans, they are not the richest provences in any of Paradox's games.... Maybe you should consider expanding East toward Aremenia, then again, I've never played AGCEEP before... I have it.... but I prefer my own modded Vinilla, dubbed Chocolate ;) :p :cool:

I watch this great pleasure, and if you need help with converting to Vicky, I have some good flags already made (One for each of the 4 slots)