• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(26028)

Sergeant
Feb 21, 2004
(See, told ya' I'd be back soon :D )

This is just a placeholder untill I find a good place to host screenshots, The game will be EUII 1.08b with the AGC-EEP mod, starting in 1419. The AAR will be similar to my Byzantine AAR (se sig) but hopefully with less delays and computers burning down :rolleyes: I am hoping to be able to get in 2-3 updates a week, any help & feedback is apreciated :D

As a fellow Burgundy-AARer, I'l keep my eye on this one.
A couple of AGCEEP tips (for 1.35 at least):
- If you plan to become France, wait for the normal "France is reborn with me" event if you control Ile-De-France, and do not fall for the other event in which Burgundy can become France. You will now which one it is, it gives you increased BB and less cores.

- Don't take any peace offer from Dauphiné, no matter how good, during the HYW. Take control of all their provinces, and you'll trigger the "collapse of the Kingdom of Burgess" event, which will give you almost all their provinces (and will give Guyenne to Aragon, Vendée to Brittany and Langeudoc to Provence.), then you can take the remainder of their provinces in the peace deal.

- When offered the option, move your capital to Brabant. This will give you Dutch as a state culture, and you will not loose it even when you become France.

Good luck!

Oh Yes! Another Burgundy AAR!!! Don't become France is my recommendation. Where's the fun in playing Burgundy if you're just going to end up being France anyway? I say go for the destruction of the Frenchies and then for the Kingdom of Lothringia event, it's much more interesting than just playing France from a slightly different angle.

Kingdom of Lotharingen event?
What's that about?

Not becoming France makes the game a little harder, because you don't get cores on the French lands. This is all from a "conquest" play style, so if you don't want to conquer most of the world, I guess staying Burgundy is cooler. You have no special events later on then though (allthough now I've got France's events, I don't think it's much to write home about. Basically most France events suck).

You can always do what I did, I just changed France's color, flags, shields and name into Burgundy's.

Grundius said:
As a fellow Burgundy-AARer, I'l keep my eye on this one.
A couple of AGCEEP tips (for 1.35 at least):

- When offered the option, move your capital to Brabant. This will give you Dutch as a state culture, and you will not loose it even when you become France.

IIRC that event sleeps the standard burgundy -> france event

Grundius said:
Kingdom of Lotharingen event?
What's that about?

Not becoming France makes the game a little harder, because you don't get cores on the French lands. This is all from a "conquest" play style, so if you don't want to conquer most of the world, I guess staying Burgundy is cooler. You have no special events later on then though (allthough now I've got France's events, I don't think it's much to write home about. Basically most France events suck).

You can always do what I did, I just changed France's color, flags, shields and name into Burgundy's.

You can become Lothringen (highly unlikely, option b for Austria) and still become France via the HYW burgundy event if neither England or Dauphin win.

That's what I'm doing right now. I manually triggered the Ascension event where you become Lothringen and am aiming to become an uber-france :cool:

Funny that a Bugundy AGCEEP AAR gets written just as I'm starting a Bugundy AGCEEP game :cool:

dsk said:
IIRC that event sleeps the standard burgundy -> france event

That's logical indeed. Since the other option for moving the capital to Brabant is "Focus on subjugating France". See, I would not know that, since I chose to stay in Bourgogne. (It's a long story why)

BTW What does IIRC mean?

(after having gone through the complex, to say the least, eventchains for inheriting most french lands the aar can finaly get going :D )

In the throneroom of the Archduke Jean I sans Peur

Archduke Jean: Groan...
Advisor: A rough night sire?
Archduke Jean: I tink Jan put sometng in that Brabntse wine that shouldn't 've be there... My head....
Advisor: Sire, if I may say so, Jan is probably to preoccupyed by his war against Luxenbourg to have time to plan practical jokes...
Archduke Jean: Dn't be só shur, yu knw Jan, hick.
Advisor: Sire, I would believe that the fact that you and your friends drunk 15 gallons last nigth... And If I know Jans advisors right I would believe this to be a bribe to get us to join his war against Luxenbourg....
Archduke Jean: N' a damned good brib too, hickAdvisor: So should we get on to more pressing matters, like how Henry V of England has landed a nother 20.000 men in Caux, and is soon going to march on Paris. Our overlord King Charles IV has orderd all his vassals to moblilize their armies in defence of France.
Archduke Jean: Ok, ok, send um, hick
Advisor: I have taken the liberty of sending the Flandern Armee under Colonel Berthrand to Paris, Maj.General Jean de Pressy has mobilized the Bourgogne Armee, numbering an impressing 25.000 men. *looks proud of himself*
Archduke Jean: Oh, ok, wiat, who did you say where atacking?
Advisor: um, the English sire
Archduke Jean: Oh, hic.. 30.000 men under Henry V!?!
Advisor: Yes sire
Archduke Jean: *rocketsobers* Whithdraw all forces to Burgundian soil, cut their payment, disband to a supportable level! Get rid of the skinniest ones! (+1 quality) Make the church treat the orthodox better, sent taxcolectors to Flandern and Franche-Compte, start investing in Infrastrukture! Go! I have a plan!
Advisor: what are you planing sire?
Archduke Jean: Something none of them will ever have expected! We shall rise from a petty 3-province minor to rulers of practicly all of France in a couple of years!
Advisor: But how will this be done sire?
Archduke Jean: Its brilliant in its simplicity, advisor. We will... Oooh, a botl o' Brabntes wane wev mist!
Advisor: sigh...

Burgundy and her neighbours...
ScreenSave0.bmp

Henry V advances...
ScreenSave1.bmp

(sorry about the miniskule screens, photobucket is beeing evil..)

A load of german cores on... guess what... Lotharingen. :p
Btw hope this one can stay alive this time. :)

Van Engel said:
A load of german cores on... guess what... Lotharingen. :p
Btw hope this one can stay alive this time. :)

Its a honour to have you lurking my aar yet again Engel, and fear not, a fireextinguisher has been installed next to the computer :D

I think Jean has great ideas, how unfortunate he will not be able to accomplish them.. But Phillippe Le Bon is a great monarch and commander as well, so...

That Lotharingen event would be evil if you got german culture. That way you could get German, Dutch and French. Just imagine...

(Allthough you can get German and French using the Lorraine-Provence-France move).

Grundius said:
(and will give Guyenne to Aragon, Vendée to Brittany and Langeudoc to Provence.), then you can take the remainder of their provinces in the peace deal.

Which I find to be amazingly obnoxious at times. Aragon coming out of no where and stealing land... arg...

Good start, I'll be watching. Its amazing how massive armies can sober even the greatest drunks.

Just saw this! GREAT!!! I can't wait for the next update :)

...but why is there that grey splotch in southern gaul? is this a different patch? (AGCEEP or what?)

AmbassadeBelgie said:
Just saw this! GREAT!!! I can't wait for the next update :)

...but why is there that grey splotch in southern gaul? is this a different patch? (AGCEEP or what?)

That is the Dauphine, you' know, righteous heir to France, got Jeanne d'Arc as a good commander. If it plays according to history, England will take France by force, Dauphine will then take Paris and sourounding areas and become France. But we wont let them, will we? :D

Good, sounds fun :p
Tirol must be a nice aquisition too, no?