• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((In everything but name this already exists, President Terrance established it.))

((In all likelihood, it was dismantled by myself or Sherman.))

Seeing heavy opposition, I would like to not increase taxes, by a drastic amount but just enough. I also understand the Republicans ideas of wanting a laissez-faire economic policy, but simply we cannot afford it during an economic crisis. But I would see laissez-faire economics be renewed after the depression is gone.

The Republican revised economic policies:

I. Spend more to get more; I would invest in infrastructure, businesses, construction, and more areas where I would spend to get more people to work.
II. The creation of the FWB; The Find Work Bureau, or FWB will be a government agency that will create more jobs, and help people find more jobs.
III. Continue government subsidies and funding to businesses to help them get along, and give people jobs.
IV. Only slightly increase taxes by 1%, while giving tax breaks to business owners' to help the creation of jobs.
V. Keep both the NIRA and NARA intact.

Also, to those politicians who think the Republican party, will leave people to die of starvation, I would like to in act the Social Welfare Measures:

Social Welfare Measures​

I. Prevention of strikes, lock-outs, settlement of industrial disputes and maintenance of industrial peace and harmony in the State.
II. Administration and enforcement of various Central and State Labour laws and rules framed there under.
III. Fixing minimum wages at regular intervals for various scheduled employments.
IV. Popularization and enforcement of recreational activities among workers through welfare centers.
V. Implementation of the recommendations of various Wage Boards and other Tripartite bodies.
VI. Extending the benefit of welfare provisions and bringing about improvement in working conditions.
VII. Ensuring minimum wages to unorganised categories of workers in agricultural and other scheduled employments.

Plus other needed social reforms, that will come out with the rest of my platform.

- Vote Republican: For a much needed change

Last edited:
((So conflicted... do I support the interventionist Republican or the interventionist Progressive? Eh, I may abstain...))

I am sorry, General Jarvis III to have disappointed you. I will become a more laissez-faire government when the economic crisis has past, but for now I must choose the policy best for the economic downturn.

- C. Blancharde, For the Republican party

((Do i get the feeling that this election is a little bit boring))

((What do you mean???))

((i meant the whole of them))

The Presidential Election of 1937

Contrary to what had been expected, the National Conventions of 1936 proved to be some of the least vitriolic since before the Great War. Even the contrast between the Republican and Progressive candidates, expected to become even clearer, proved to diminish, with both parties’ candidates supporting the continuation of many of the policies of the New Deal. The Progressives in fact, placed on their ticket the man who had created most of the New Deal, John F. Harrison, who would be the running mate of Phillip McCahill, the Secretary of the Treasury who had handled the details of the implementation of these policies.
In the Republican Convention, Constant Blancharde was nominated unanimously, and then proceeded to publish a platform that supported large chunks of the New Deal; something that Republicans like Richard Jarvis had not expected. This disconnect between the Simmons-Jarvis Republicans and the Party’s nominee would prove a major sticking point for Republicans in the campaign; one that they could not extricate themselves from no matter how much they tried. With both major candidates essentially New Dealers, the candidacy of Richard Milton-Spencer proved all the more curious.

miltonspencer.jpg

1. Richard Milton-Spencer, founder and nominee of the United Fascist Party.​

Milton-Spencer ran on a platform inspired by European leaders such as Germany’s Adolf Hitler, advocating an extremely strong military and assertive American presence on the world stage. The military buildup necessitated by this policy would then bring the economy out of its slump through orders for munitions and other materiel of war. In a political environment that was turning Americans ever more into isolationism in all but name, Milton-Spencer was an oddity, but an oddity with a campaign nonetheless.

Candidates/Tickets of 1937

Election Manifesto of the Progressive Party

Presidential Candidate: Phillip J. J. McCahill
Vice-Presidential Candidate: John F. Harrison​

The progressive party stands for economic growth, economic and international stability and a fairer society. Our policies are as follows:

Economic Policies

• The continuation of industrial stimulus to boost the economy, until such a time as the recovery is secure.
• An increase in capital expenditure to boost the economy; such as a project to create 'motorways' to connect our major cities.
• An increase in regulation where necessary to ensure the economy is never in danger of such a serious recession again; such as the creation of mandatory capital buffers for retail and investment banking.
• The provision of tax cuts for loans to small to medium businesses, which will help promote growth.
• The continuation of progressive taxation polices.

Domestic Policies
• The introduction of a national curriculum, which will define the subjects all schools will teach in detail, allowing the standard and relevancy of qualifications to be maintained and children not to be taught inflammatory or untrue information as fact.
• The creation of independent inspectorates for public services (schools, hospitals,the police etc) to maintain standards and ensure your tax dollars are well spent.
• The provision of free emergency healthcare.
• The introduction of means testing to benefits, to ensure the money goes where it is needed, but no reduction in social spending.
• The reform of the civil service to increase speed and lower costs.
• The creation of all party congressional commissions to tackle governmental waste and to investigate political reform.
• The introduction of minimum standards to schemes, with funding cut to those schemes which are under performing or wasting money.

Foreign Policies
• The continuation of support to our allies in Europe.
• An increase in diplomatic, administrative and economic aid to legitimate governments under attack by rebels.
• The creation of sanctions to weaken overly repressive or aggressive states.

Through these policies, a progressive administration would endeavour to sustain economic growth and financial stability, whilst making our society a fairer place and promoting global stability.

Election Manifesto of the Republican Party

Presidential Candidate: Constant Blancharde
Vice-Presidential Candidate: Adlai Carlsson

Fellow Americans, the time has come; the winds of change are upon us. Those winds are the Republicans and if we are gratefully elected those winds will blow all across America! The Progressive party will never be change; they are the party that caused this mayhem. Isn’t that what we want, to have fun and be happy like those days? But, sadly the Progressives’ did not think Americans deserved happiness, they introduced certain legislative bills that when time came and the crash happened, we could not recover properly… So, Americans it’s your time to choose! Do you want depression or change? A wealthy or impoverished nation? You must choose correctly, the winds of change only blow for one party!

Economic Policy:
We must spend more to get more. I will promote and increase laborers to help farmers in the fields recover. I will spend money upgrading rural and urban infrastructure. I will promote small and large businesses’ open new jobs to get people working; I would generously give the businesses’ government subsidies. If elected I would keep both the NIRA and NARA intact. Taxes should be increased by 1% to insure positive cash flow and when our economy is good, they shall be decreased again. We would pay extra if people would join our armed forces or police, to help insure no more crime.
I, Constant Blancharde would also like to introduce a new bureau, named the Find Work Bureau or FWB. This bureau would be set up in multiple cities around America; this bureau would help increase people to find jobs, while creating hundreds in cities around America. This bureau shall last as long as it is need or kept.

Foreign Policy:
We will not go to war under my administration in certain circumstances. We must wait until our economy is back on its feet, if our allies declare war on a nation for personal interests we shall not join. If our allies are attacked by a vile fascist, communist or imperialistic country and our economy is stable, we shall fight. If our national security is at stake, WE WILL FIGHT BACK!
Social Policy: We should help anyone starving or impoverished. We will open more soup kitchens, and open bed homes, as is needed by area. Also we would like to give money to women with children in poverty. Also paying for most of the children’s basic school needs, and lunches.

Election Manifesto of the United Fascist Party

Presidential Candidate: Richard Milton-Spencer
Vice-Presidential Candidate: Charles L. Longstrum
Ladies and gentlemen of this glorious nation. This election offers the greatest prospect yet of America finally casting off the shackles that have bound it for so long. The shackles of choice only between the left and right with their stale ideas and long disproved policies.

What I and the United Fascist Party offer is the bringing of order to the economy. Rather than being a bunch disjointed units operating to their own ends and for their own goals the government shall set goals and ensure private enterprise can meet them. We shall use the commanding force of government to add a brain to our economic system with price and wage controls to ensure that all Americans get a fair deal.

We shall introduce conscription for the unemployed and focus on building a great military, providing our country with not only jobs, but honour, and the means required to dominate this hemisphere and the wider world. By divine right our country has become the most powerful, however we don't use that, a fascist government shall ensure we may reap the rewards of our rightful power.

Government shall be reorganised, instead of the illogical system we have now legislature shall be based around profession, as I have already set-out, and Governors shall be replaced by Presidential appointees to ensure our nation strides to one goal in government as it does in the economy, however the federal government will not interfere in the issue of segregation. Party politics shall be erased, replaced by a single party; a national party.

Maintaining order shall be of major importance to a fascist government, we shall not tolerate communist demagogues and over undesirables along with radical rightists who seek to install a dictatorship of the upper class. A fascist government is the only one that will maintain good governance against the oncoming storm that is the result of the depression, itself caused by both of the old parties.

Free trade shall end. It stifles our industry and plunders American wealth. With tariffs in place we shall have an extra source of income to our coffers along with the advantages offered in maintaining industry and the jobs that come with that.

So ladies and gentlemen of this great country, on election day only one party offers true opportunity for change; the United Fascist Party, and thus I humbly ask that you offer us the opportunity to transform this country.

Fascism is the future!

--------------------------

Exceptional Situation(s):

Vote.

Last edited:
((I would like to note two mistakes I made in my platform, one was saying that General Jarvis was my running mate, the second was my rate on the taxes which I have changed to increasing by 1%.
Also my social policies were in the Social Welfare Measure.))

- Vote Republican: the Winds of Change

"Let's try out Milton?"
-William Horshington before he stabbed his father to death supposedly because he thought he was the reason of his suicide, blaming the so-called bloody Jarvis.
(( That means i voted Milton BBB ))
Answer me like a bloody man , Jarvis, My whole family is damn-crazy because of my brother, but who of Course pressured him to death, youuu, but you will pay soon.
- Your new enemy, William Horshington

General Jarvis, hearing the news of another Horshington dying, sendes his regards to the family; upong hearing William Horshington blame him for the death, he seemed to ignore the ramblings of the madman.

I will, unhappily, vote for Blancharde, if only because he is slightly less progressive than the McCahill.

Men and women of America!

I have been chosen to be Mr. Spencer's running mate, and I accepted his decision gratefully! This country needs change, big change! We need to put direction into our economy and take the power out of the hands of the fat-cat industrialists and into the hands of the American people! Mr. Spencer's policies are the way forward for a more just America, an America where the poor don't suffer as the fat cats hoard their money and rule over the economy and the nation with an iron fist! Under Mr. Spencer, America will be able to take its place on the world stage as a single united nation, free from inner divisions and conflict! We'll be able to put a stop on these no-good foreigners draining our nation for all it's worth!

Vote Spencer, for a fair, united America!

I send my condolences to the Horshigton family, also wondering how General Jarvis III had anything to do with it... Also, I am sorry to disappoint General Jarvis III, but I am glad he voted for his own banner party.

- C. Blancharde: Vote Republican: the winds of change

After careful study of the platforms provided, I am having an impossible time making a choice. Only one party stands against the Communists, and that is the Fascists. I am sorry, but I did not spend blood, sweat, and tears in Germany fighting against them so we could stick our heads in the sand and hope that the Communists leave us alone.

With great reluctance, I cast my vote for Richard Milton-Spencer. I dislike their interventionist attitude in the economy, but both the Progressives and Republicans have foreign policies that are both passive and dangerous to our security.

((Mikeboy, you may actually win this...))