• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(3429)

Private
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
I have not bought Europa Universalis yet due to the fact that I have exams in my university until May 31 and I know this game is going to take so much time and concentration that I just cannot sacrifice my grades on it :)
But I would like to know from the people with the Scandinavian version if I should try to get an edition in English, or if the Norwegian one is sufficient. I am a bit sceptical to playing computer games in Norwegian at all, and I also heard the translation is not very good or thourough. Anyone want to enlighten me and give me an advice for my future purchase of this apparently excelent game?
Thanks

Can not say much about the norweigan translation since I do not have that version, but according to earlier post it was teribble. It usually get much better after a few patches. But since the English textfile are avaliable for download on this site it seems stupid to buy the englis version and limit you to theat language.

My suggestion buy the Noprwegian version and download the english language file from Paradox, if you do not like the Norwegian translation replace the language file with the english one,

If u get tired on bad translation's u can always also change the text in the .txt file.

The Swedish translation wasn't so good either...but the game is realy worth is price.

As was mentioned above the english text.csv is now available free for download, so as long as you don't "need" the english manual I suggest buying the Norwegian version, and then immediately replacing the norwegian text.csv. Especially when you consider how much trouble there is in getting something like a computer game through customs and the price associated with that go for the norwegian one ...

Cobos