• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like steam more.It's easier to use and i can organise my games more easier

Oh, please, can we have a separate thread for the pro/anti Steam ranting?

I don't even think we need yet another thread on the topic as there are more than enough on this forum. Back to Napoleon from now on.

"Nobody buys games in boxes anymore"

Well I do for one.

I believe that what Johan meant was that so very few buys PC games in boxes these days that it's not worth the cost of printing & shipping for us.

Back to Napoleon from now on.
125999-004-523DF75B.jpg

1. Agreed, but if you guys don't release this game on GG, "we" don't have a choice but to deal with Steam.
2. That last sentence isn't entirely correct: I don't think 90% went "hmm, GG or Steam, GG or Steam... I'll choose Steam!" Most of the users probably never even heard of GG. I bet most Steam sales are from people who are already have other games on Steam and then saw this paradox game coming along and went "that looks cool, let's buy it." These are just my guesses of course, I could be wrong.

WOW, You just described their entire business plan, Paradox is currently banking on the fact people browse steam looking for new games, that is how they increase their numbers, in fact its the reason I'm here as I once saw a game called Sengoku on steam, also 90 percent is the percent of market for steam, gamersgate is around 6 i believe they said, which is still enough to not pull them off, btw Steam is allowed to have so many sales as they sell huge amounts of games and the devs approve them, but if gg only sells six percent then there not going to have a very big sale, ie maybe 10 percent off or a bundle. My personal experiance as well as the experiance I have heard from others is that We know what gamersgate is but it doesn't have the features of steam, which include chat, groups, community games, and a mod support workshop. BTW if gamersgate was a huge part of any market then they would have had a version of skyrim.

How will production be handled? Of units, I mean. I'd like to see some specialized units (only available if you're controlling certain area), reforcements coming from the region/state it's been recruited (à la Vicky2), and officers training like a feature itself (not commanders but like in HoI3).

I just hope the naval aspect is well done as imo it is the most lacking feature in just about all of PI's stable of games. Marginalizing it would be very unfair as even though there weren't a lot of naval battles fought of importance it had a huge impact on the economy of France during the period. Exploring the 'what if's' regarding Frances naval strategy in this period would be very interesting.

I hate consumerism as much as you but have you actually used steam? When I open up the suite it opens straight into my games library, no ads, just my games.

When I use it it opens up to the store page, with the games library in another tab. It also throws a popup at me of what today's deal is.

When I use it it opens up to the store page, with the games library in another tab. It also throws a popup at me of what today's deal is.

I wouldn't really call that an ad. Just informing you of the deal. Not really another way to know.

For me, it opens a small new window with info about deals or new games, and I actually really like knowing these things, I have never thought it was ad-like or intrusive.

Will one be able to play as Spain, and try to hold off Napoleon and the French?
Think so.

- Every country playable, with eight major nations that can win on their own.

So which nations can win on their own? Thats what i guess :
UK
France
Russia
Austria
Prussia
Ottoman Empire (?)
Spain (?)
Netherlands, Bavaria or Saxony Sweden (?)

Last edited:
I'd wager Sweden instead of the last few. They were out of reach of the French and could field a large enough army on their own.

Think so.

So which nations can win on their own? Thats what i guess :
UK
France
Russia
Austria
Prussia
Ottoman Empire (?)
Spain (?)
Netherlands, Bavaria or Saxony Sweden (?)

I don't consider myself a historian during the Napoleonic wars but I would figure the Kingdom of Naples would be better then Sweden or am I missing something?