• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In my French campaign I have the Italian ambition mission. Finally after years of waiting I managed to get a CB on Milan (I guaranteed Venice and Milan attacked them) The best thing is even that Bohemia, ally of Milan, isn't part of the war. :D That's a relief because they are huge. The emperor is Austria, which was reduced to 3 regions, so no threat there. My question now is, which regions do I take best from Milan? They have Lombardia, Liguria, Parma, Siena, Brescia, Verona and Treviso. If I take them all my BB will be enormous. But that might give me the opportunity to focus on my economie. My merchants suck though. I only have 1 alive, and he is in Ile-de-France.

RJA

Thanks for posting the link. It now brings up another question.

Would I need to have registered more than HTTT and DW to have access to this patch?

I legally purchased EU3 complete but a combination of laziness and a cleaning frenzy by my finance resulted in me never actually registering them before the code was tossed with several other game boxes. Of the reasons it is giving me which does not allow access this seems to be the only one that is possible.

Would I need to have registered more than HTTT and DW to have access to this patch?

I legally purchased EU3 complete but a combination of laziness and a cleaning frenzy by my finance resulted in me never actually registering them before the code was tossed with several other game boxes. Of the reasons it is giving me which does not allow access this seems to be the only one that is possible.

Nope. Just install the patch over your DW directory and good to go.

"Nope. Just install the patch over your DW directory and good to go."

I would like to but I am getting the following text when I use the link;

vBulletin Message
$vbulletin->userinfo[username], you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Usually this is due to you not having the particular game registered on your forum account. For example to post in or download from the HOI3 Sub forums (AAR ,User made Modification, FAQ, Support ...), or to Start a new thread in the HOI3 discussion forum, you need to have HOI3 registered under your forum account. See this thread for How & Why to register your games
Additionally, If you are a new member that has not registered a game you may be required to wait 5 days before posting (anti spam measure).
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If not, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
If you fear your account might have been disabled without knowing why, you should contact the Forum Administration. Do not re-register under a new name!

Log Out Home

I am guessing it is something simple but as I am new to the forums it escapes me.

You have to have either the base game or Complete registered to get access to the tech support forum. If you legally bought it but don't have the CD Key, try PMing Kallocain. She might be able to help you.

In my French campaign I have the Italian ambition mission. Finally after years of waiting I managed to get a CB on Milan (I guaranteed Venice and Milan attacked them) The best thing is even that Bohemia, ally of Milan, isn't part of the war. :D That's a relief because they are huge. The emperor is Austria, which was reduced to 3 regions, so no threat there. My question now is, which regions do I take best from Milan? They have Lombardia, Liguria, Parma, Siena, Brescia, Verona and Treviso. If I take them all my BB will be enormous. But that might give me the opportunity to focus on my economie. My merchants suck though. I only have 1 alive, and he is in Ile-de-France.

RJA

If you really get core on all provinces you take, please notify me :)

Playing EU3 Complete as Portugal: should the missions just be ignored after a while? I have one now which I've had before to free Papal States but Rome is the Capital of Italy and it looks very daunting. If I cancel I lose 5 prestige and will likely get the one where you need to get 99% of you army size, another one that would cost too much. It just seems that a lot of the missions in the later stages are major diversions from your overall strategy.

I have been launching a lot of holy wars. I have recently let my infamy reduce a bit and now am looking to expand more. However when I look at the infidels I do not have the holy war cacus bell anymore. I am protestant. Why am I not getting my holy war cacus bell anymore?

Annesatin question

Hi guys,

Playing eu3 complete as Austria. I have the "drive Turks back" mission (the kick ottomans out of the eastern balkans mission) and I can't seem to annex the province to the south of constantinople (not at my computer so I can't look for the name). Why might this be? It is my third war with the ottomans and I have occupied it each time but it does not come up in peace negotiations for annexation.

Thank you in advance.

Please excuse grammar and spelling as I am sending from my iPhone.

I have been launching a lot of holy wars. I have recently let my infamy reduce a bit and now am looking to expand more. However when I look at the infidels I do not have the holy war cacus bell anymore. I am protestant. Why am I not getting my holy war cacus bell anymore?

Holy war CB expires 1650.

Hi guys,

Playing eu3 complete as Austria. I have the "drive Turks back" mission (the kick ottomans out of the eastern balkans mission) and I can't seem to annex the province to the south of constantinople (not at my computer so I can't look for the name). Why might this be? It is my third war with the ottomans and I have occupied it each time but it does not come up in peace negotiations for annexation.

Thank you in advance.

Please excuse grammar and spelling as I am sending from my iPhone.

You don't actually need to own any of the provinces to complete the mission. The Ottomans just need to NOT own them. As for Edirne, seems like it is the capital.

You can get capitals only if:

1. They are inland provinces and don't neighbor any other owned provinces.

2. They are coastal provinces, don't neighbor any owned provinces and there aren't any other coastal provinces owned.

You don't actually need to own any of the provinces to complete the mission. The Ottomans just need to NOT own them. As for Edirne, seems like it is the capital.

You can get capitals only if:

1. They are inland provinces and don't neighbor any other owned provinces.

2. They are coastal provinces, don't neighbor any owned provinces and there aren't any other coastal provinces owned.

Or you can surround it and they'll usually move it before the next war. ;)

Thanks to those who helped me out before. I think everything is resolved but have one more (for now) quick question.

What would be the fastest way to see if I correctly installed the patch? Is there something I could do as a country that would give me one response if the patch was installed properly and another response if the patch failed to install properly?

I am sure there is a technical way to look but you may have already guessed I am not a technical person.