• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tuore: The save game bug is not present in all games, and I believe it doesn't appear in the first place if you quit out instead of resigning. And if you play when not connected to Paradox Connect it doesn't have nearly the same impact - for the Cherokee game I did that, then logged back in late 1799.

Still, "several hours" would probably have been better phrasing.

Tuore: The save game bug is not present in all games, and I believe it doesn't appear in the first place if you quit out instead of resigning. And if you play when not connected to Paradox Connect it doesn't have nearly the same impact - for the Cherokee game I did that, then logged back in late 1799.
I noticed the savegame size increase in 1550s, after the westernization. Since I was very lucky with the timing, going back to an older, smaller save isn't really an option.
Even when I'm not logged in to Paradox Connect, I lag quite a lot. I suppose I'll exit the game instead of resigning from now on.

Still, "several hours" would probably have been better phrasing.

It takes me several days if I really concentrate on the game. There are wars to manage, spy actions to ruin that blob somewhere, squashing those rebels etc.

I noticed the savegame size increase in 1550s, after the westernization. Since I was very lucky with the timing, going back to an older, smaller save isn't really an option.
Even when I'm not logged in to Paradox Connect, I lag quite a lot. I suppose I'll exit the game instead of resigning from now on.

It takes me several days if I really concentrate on the game. There are wars to manage, spy actions to ruin that blob somewhere, squashing those rebels etc.

I admit I play fast - speed five in peace time with occasional pausing, but. This is for a hyperteching achievement! How much warring and spying could I really benefit from doing?

A full game might take something like 10 hours to complete.

As for Poland, what was your income? As Cherokee i was frigging huge and ahead of tech in all fields easily and almost reached level 70 in every field even without bothering much with economy.

My games are usually also only 20-40 mb big, but the cherokee one was an exception - it reached 450 mb! And when i tried opening that file with notepad... Guess what hapened. :D

It took me like 5 minutes to open the goddamn file! HA!

And more than half of the file was made of achievement repetitive bullcrap. Nasty man, nasty.

I admit I play fast - speed five in peace time with occasional pausing, but. This is for a hyperteching achievement! How much warring and spying could I really benefit from doing?

I always play on full speed, in peace and in war. I just smash the pause button (I actually broke the pause button on my previous keyboard because I played EU3).

A full game might take something like 10 hours to complete.

As for Poland, what was your income? As Cherokee i was frigging huge and ahead of tech in all fields easily and almost reached level 70 in every field even without bothering much with economy.

My games are usually also only 20-40 mb big, but the cherokee one was an exception - it reached 450 mb! And when i tried opening that file with notepad... Guess what hapened. :D

It took me like 5 minutes to open the goddamn file! HA!

And more than half of the file was made of achievement repetitive bullcrap. Nasty man, nasty.

In 1817 (my last save) Poland's income was 229 a month, of which 221 was from trade. It was an OPM in Sandomierz - no one wanted to buy that province, but I could sell off Krakow, so I moved the capital.

And if you play when not connected to Paradox Connect it doesn't have nearly the same impact - for the Cherokee game I did that, then logged back in late 1799.

Isn't that very risky? If you westernise in 1560s and just let the game run without logging in to Paradox Connect... what if you get annexed in 1700s? You'll have to revert to the old savegame. What I'm doing is that I let the game run but occasionally log in to PConnect just to save the game, then I log out again.

What's the math behind "Renovatio Imperii" acceptance or denial? I have guys with 200 relationship, alliance and RM rejecting it while dudes who hate my guts at -200 relations and won't even get RM from me are happily picking "ave cesar". Wtf. :) 12 BB, low DIP ruler.

In 1817 (my last save) Poland's income was 229 a month, of which 221 was from trade. It was an OPM in Sandomierz - no one wanted to buy that province, but I could sell off Krakow, so I moved the capital.

Are you sure that staying that small with that income is the best strategy now?

As England i found out that being moderately big is the best, or seems to be the best. You can still wage war against some people in order to vassalize (notably against HRE members for the huge emperor status boost), and you can build a lot of structures. Those trading structures of late game increase your trading effieciency by 1% and your trading income in every province by 1% as well. By 1750 as England i had almost 200 TE iirc, and there were some provinces producing an astonishing amount of trade per month. London COT itself was, what, worth 1000d? I also held (almost) every single COT in the world, and my monthly income was above 2000. The really costly techs didnt get past 50000d even when a couple of decades ahead of time.

By 1750 when i ended i already had napoleonic troops. I was full free subjects, but i was a narrowminded bitch. Gonna give a try to poland to see if i am right or not.

What's the math behind "Renovatio Imperii" acceptance or denial? I have guys with 200 relationship, alliance and RM rejecting it while dudes who hate my guts at -200 relations and won't even get RM from me are happily picking "ave cesar". Wtf. :) 12 BB, low DIP ruler.

Badboy and legitimacy iirc. I always need to have top relations with most HRE members as well and to be at 100 legitimacy and 0 badboy for everyone to accept the unification. There is always one or two freaks who randomly refuse, but what can you expect from so many AIs? Some eventually have to refuse.

I pulled it off after I released a couple of minors to lower my BB (inherited Naxos or Ragusa...). I enabled Paradox Connect and unpaused. Left the room to go make some hot cocoa for my next Swedish game. After I came back five minutes later game was frozen, but after a reboot apparently the achievement is registered.

It says I've got 635 points even though I don't have a save with HRE. :) Still 3rd.

Let's try Sweden now. Shouldn't take me more than 50 years.

I pulled it off after I released a couple of minors to lower my BB (inherited Naxos or Ragusa...). I enabled Paradox Connect and unpaused. Left the room to go make some hot cocoa for my next Swedish game. After I came back five minutes later game was frozen, but after a reboot apparently the achievement is registered.

It says I've got 635 points even though I don't have a save with HRE. :) Still 3rd.

Let's try Sweden now. Shouldn't take me more than 50 years.

Conquering the baltic as Sweden wont take more than 50 years? AH, good luck with that.

What exactly do I need? Do I need to annex whole Denmark? :) I thought it's just Teutons, Riga, Gotland Pommerania and Novgorod's two provinces.

What exactly do I need? Do I need to annex whole Denmark? :) I thought it's just Teutons, Riga, Gotland Pommerania and Novgorod's two provinces.

All of Baltic coastline. Including Hansa, Denmark, Pommerania, Teutonic Order, Gotland, Novgorod, Riga and any other nation on the coast. Don't forget that Hansa and Pommerania are under HRE protection. And that you start at war with Denmark and Norway.

Dude... You gotta annex all the coast except for Denmark and Slesvig-Holstein. In other words, all your present provinces, from Finland to Lubeck. I cant remember if you need Skane and these provinces nearby.

Sweden is piss poor and it took me more than 100 years to get that achievement. England conquered a lot of the baltic and i couldnt beat her navy and therefore defeat the AI.

Thanks. It's a fun quest, I won't mind doing it longer than it requires. I am 30 years in, still under Danish king. Damn last time I played Sweden he dropped in like 1402 with entire Danish army in Danzig - and by 1405 I had all my Danish cores back. :) I had that game in mind when I wrote "50 years or so".

The Swedish achievement is quite easy if you get to be emperor. I claimed the Branderburgian throne and vassalized Palatinate, Trier and Cologne so I was constantly elected emperor. Then it was just waiting till I get a cb on the people controlling the provinces I want. I united the HRE after completing the achievement. It was 1600. I inherited half of the New World and Africa too. :D

Dude... You gotta annex all the coast except for Denmark and Slesvig-Holstein. In other words, all your present provinces, from Finland to Lubeck. I cant remember if you need Skane and these provinces nearby.

Sweden is piss poor and it took me more than 100 years to get that achievement. England conquered a lot of the baltic and i couldnt beat her navy and therefore defeat the AI.

But the achievement doesn't say "start in the grand campaign" so I guess you can start at the peak of swedish power (making it quite easy).

Damn. I started in the grand campaign. I am such a nub. :rofl:

Anyway, in my polish game, i am teching so damn fast that i cant even westernize because i am not 20 tech levels behind. Almost all of the HRE is my vassal so when i go to war its quite hilarious to see those countless armies doing all of my job.

Year is 1460. Just got the quest for the new world - going to start a COT hunting spree.