• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I noticed that (there is a change however, if Ikar starts to use Coke...)

Nope, I don't like drinking coke. My teeth is too sensitive for that :p

Ah, so Międzymorze got started when I wasn't looking? You sneaky bastard ;P
Anyway, that 14 hours until update is starting to stretch into 14 days. Are you trying to throw us into awesome-deprivation?

I wrote "after 14 hours at best", not "after 14 hours" :p

Chapter VII: Liberating the Baltics

Zerg them down!

Though encircling will surely help us with that!

yvz.gif

Though the bad thing is that a day later, on 10th November, those pesky Germans retreat to undefended provinces!

2sgg.gif

Two weeks later, we encircle one HARM division in Taurage. With some luck, it’ll be their last battle before spending the rest of the war in captivity!

g1q.gif

Meanwhile in the west, I’m using local numerical superiority to great effect. The Odra/Oder (I apologize if I’ve ever said Morava; that one isn’t even on the map it seems) river will create a temporary border and a barrier between Rzeczpospolita and Germany soon enough.

qfun.gif

On 10th December, two German HARM divisions are about to give up to numerically superior Poles.

84x.gif

And a day later, Poland becomes a Major power after reaching 100 IC! (I've realized I clicked the "Major Power" popup too late, but "Strong Army" goes hand to hand with it)

r9d.gif

Finally, on 12th and 13th, these two divisions gave up the fight.

uo4.gif

0czv.gif

Though this success came at a price of completely exhausting two Polish divisions (one armored and one infantry). In Krzywicze, where the battle was about to get lost (95%), reported casualties were above 1400 men from the armored division and about the same number had to be at least evened up in Siauliai, where the infantry division wouldn’t last longer more than two days (78%).

dg8q.gif

A fresh-trained infantry division has assembled in Gdańsk on 17th December.

sbaz.gif

Unlike my first Polish AAR, I can push into Germany more easily, thanks to French holding their Maginot and Alpine lines. Italians are an annoyance as always, but they’re not as land-based as Germany is, which is good for me.

s389.gif

Again, two German motorized divisions are about to be destroyed, so the cleanup of the Baltic States goes more swiftly.

cog.gif

The battle of Messeritz is won, while tough fights are ongoing in Rogoźno. It is a big fat province, which can be assaulted from nine directions, which isn’t making my life easier at all.

vqhe.gif

In the south, ten militia divisions gathered from all of Poland are trying to break through with the support of one tank division and restore the defensive line in the city of Kamianets Podilskyi as the year of ’40 swings in.

cc0.gif

And this is Rzeczpospolita as of 7th January 1940. So far I’m avoiding punching through the German territory in the Baltics onto the Russian side, at least until I’ll clear up all the Nazi resistance that is there.

wgm.gif

This is quite a costly victory, but at least my militiamen gain some experience that will come in handy later on when they’ll become regular infantry after some rearmament!

zkj.gif

With the German fate sealed in the Baltic States, I feel free to pull one tank corps away from there to reinforce the northernmost part of the German front.

xho.gif

The battle of Riga takes place on 30th January, with the Germans using everything what they’ve left against me, while other Polish divisions are creeping onto Riga from the right flank.

8rm.gif

Stay tuned for the next chapter!

I don't understand Ikar why you have changed name Poland to Rzeczpospolita. It isn't name for alternative history Poland. It's like changing name of Soviet Union to USSR or even USR because you have changed common name of country to short and alternative version of full name(or even to CCP, because you used not translated version and shorted full name). The original name of Poland at that time(between 1918-1939) was II Rzeczpospolita Polska(I don't know how to translate it to English but it would be something like "II Commonwealth of Poland" or "II Polish Commonwealth", where "II" means "The Second") but commonly used name was Poland. Just like today, we have III Rzeczpospolita Polska and we simply name it Polska(Poland).

So: You should use common name Poland or translated common name Polska, or II Polish Commonwealth or translated II Rzeczpospolita Polska.

Also, Międzymorze(or Intermerium) was not even close to realisation(It was designed to weaken Russia(Entente's ally) and Germany, making itself successor of Austrian Empire as next Great Power in Europe. It was bad idea for everyone except nations which would be in this Union and even they wanted their own independence.

More likely to happen was "Stany Zjednoczone Polski"(United States of Poland) proposed by Ignacy Jan Paderewski to US President Woodrow Wilson, because it was giving big autonomy for regions with other major nationality, also creating nation very similar to USA. Also, we have more historical informations about how borders would look like if this plan would be realised. It would be great Ikar if you would use this idea in one of future AARs.(for more information go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_of_Poland)

I don't understand Ikar why you have changed name Poland to Rzeczpospolita. It isn't name for alternative history Poland. It's like changing name of Soviet Union to USSR or even USR because you have changed common name of country to short and alternative version of full name(or even to CCP, because you used not translated version and shorted full name). The original name of Poland at that time(between 1918-1939) was II Rzeczpospolita Polska(I don't know how to translate it to English but it would be something like "II Commonwealth of Poland" or "II Polish Commonwealth", where "II" means "The Second") but commonly used name was Poland. Just like today, we have III Rzeczpospolita Polska and we simply name it Polska(Poland).

So: You should use common name Poland or translated common name Polska, or II Polish Commonwealth or translated II Rzeczpospolita Polska.

Also, Międzymorze(or Intermerium) was not even close to realisation(It was designed to weaken Russia(Entente's ally) and Germany, making itself successor of Austrian Empire as next Great Power in Europe. It was bad idea for everyone except nations which would be in this Union and even they wanted their own independence.

More likely to happen was "Stany Zjednoczone Polski"(United States of Poland) proposed by Ignacy Jan Paderewski to US President Woodrow Wilson, because it was giving big autonomy for regions with other major nationality, also creating nation very similar to USA. Also, we have more historical informations about how borders would look like if this plan would be realised. It would be great Ikar if you would use this idea in one of future AARs.(for more information go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_of_Poland)

Alright, "II Rzeczpospolita Polska" is in place now :)

Update coming up in 10.

Chapter VIII: Stabilizing the Front

One can never go wrong with such a headline...!

Anyway, do you see that? Even Ukrainians think that Soviets are evil and need to be dealt with! Thanks for pulling out some Soviets from the front! (Damn, that AI is sometimes dumb as a brick...)

d7u.gif

Not everything is looking very good though. It seems like the Germans are pulling off a counter-attack, and what’s worse, a successful one. Since I don’t like getting my divisions destroyed (I’m getting better at countering the Alt+F4 tastes at times though), I hurriedly evacuate them from the danger.

q0f.gif

The battle of Riga is won after 16 days of fighting, which means the Germans have no way to supply their (whatever has left of it anyway) Baltic army. Soon, the German presence there will be history as well as the Soviet one, who occupy most of the Estonia now. Meanwhile, a heavy assault is called upon lone German division in Rogoźno or where armor doesn’t matter! :D

yet5.gif

Front as of 19th February, where the gameyness of using the Germans as a barrier from the Soviets reaches its peak.

au2.gif

While 64% and 65% winning odds aren’t looking that bad, these numbers won’t tell you that you’re outnumbered four to one! Let these attacks finish and the Soviets will just roll over you.

29l.gif

9th March brings in the first attack on the Soviet forces northern of the Pinsk marshes. Irkutsk and Arkhangelsk? You’re a long way from home, comrades! :p

kt1y.gif

At the end of March, most of the German barrier is already removed, as I needed to relieve pressure from the south (I’d rather not see what the Soviets would manage to do there with +25 divisions and a proper concentration of force against my three corps, moreover which two of them are militia).

5fy.gif

It seems like I got into the Allies while the second re-declaration of war from Germany conflicted with UK’s guarantee. Invading Albania is a nice opening by the British.

tun.gif

I got the opportunity to withdraw a single tank division to break through the garrison in Cieszyn/Těšín, since tanks have some nice bonuses against forts. What kind of surprised me was that I found these fortifications at level 5 after I broke through, though these forts should’ve been gone for about two years already when Germans destroyed the Sudeten line defenses!

uqh.gif

This is the strategic overview as of 14th April. Soviets are completely caught by surprise and I might even have an opportunity to see whether Leningrad is defended, but I call this off since my troops are scarce in this area and I don’t want to gamble without even having an established frontline.

8u8.gif

One German and two Slovakian divisions get encircled in Köslin on 15th April.

usj.gif

Unfortunately, I can’t capitalize on it too much, since Germans broke the encirclement in Kolberg, though I still manage to capture the exhausted 9th Slovak division.

rf3a.gif

At the same time, one Tuvin cavalry division gets literally melted away in a matter of hours in southeastern Latvia.

6og.gif

Český Těšín is taken on 25th April after heavy slog, paving the way to Czechoslovakia.

frt.gif

Oslo falls on 28th April.

zdn.gif

With Landsberg being defended only by a swarm of HQs, it seems I might be able to encircle a few divisions!

9zy6.gif

I wasn’t able to move in the tanks fast enough, though I still force Germans out of their positions by the fear of successful encirclement and also big envelopment penalty.

m7de.gif

On 26th May, the German promontory to Poland is eliminated, yet few provinces are still needed to be taken before Odra is reached.

pw9.gif

On 3rd June, Odra is the new frontier along all of its flow. Two corps are being redeployed, in order to reinforce the undermanned eastern front.

65e.gif

And this is the overview as of 3rd June.

93d.gif

This chapter synchronized the AAR with the game and I think I’m not playing any further until every of my AARs get updated. Comments on! :)

I really like what I'm seeing here. You've managed to throw both fronts away and are on your way to taking Slovakia out of the game. :cool: I thought the Germans in the Baltics would be more of a problem; good job taking them out. Though I fear your forces in the east may collapse again if the Soviets finally get their act together and make an organised push. I've also noticed that the French have broken out of the Maginot line. I wonder if they are able to do something meaningful with that...

I really like what I'm seeing here. You've managed to throw both fronts away and are on your way to taking Slovakia out of the game. :cool: I thought the Germans in the Baltics would be more of a problem; good job taking them out. Though I fear your forces in the east may collapse again if the Soviets finally get their act together and make an organised push. I've also noticed that the French have broken out of the Maginot line. I wonder if they are able to do something meaningful with that...

Well spotted right there! I was either too lazy to point that out myself or I let you to find it out yourselves ^^

Yes, I'm indeed trying to take the only Slovakian VP - Bratislava. Even when it's on the extreme southeast, Slovakia is quite small anyway, so I guess I need to secure only two or three provinces there to take them out of the war. What's even better is that this will create one huge pocket, though there are two inconveniences about this:

First, I have to cut them off from Hungarian border; I don't want them to drive all of them into one province just to find out those 15-30 divisions just retreat to Hungary and then back to action through Austria. The second is that Germans probably get their expeditionary forces from Slovakia back, which might lead into better organized defensive effort (that's why my Hungarian AAR will be without Slovakia; they usualy get dozen of divisions without knowing how to use them).

Soviets should be OK for now; if everything else fails, I might fall back behind Nemunas river in the north and the south is only 6 provinces wide. Moreover, I have secured whatever has left from the Stalin line in the north, so that should give me some advantage also. And don't forget these two corps going to help them out! :)

As for the French, I just want them to hold onto Maginot and Alpine lines, everything else is taking away my glory from conquests :D

Good update. Are you planning to take those fortifications on Czech border or size all country?

Niech żyje II Rzeczpospolita.

Jesus, I never thought that people on this forum would start speaking Polish. I won't have to use translator for some strange, odd and long English words.

PS. It is great moment in this AAR to use this words of our national anthem:

"Przejdziem Wisłę, przejdziem Wartę,
Będziem Polakami.
Dał nam przykład Bonaparte,
Jak zwyciężać mamy."

It is a little old Polish language, but it is something like this:

"We'll cross the Vistula, We'll cross the Warta,
We shall be Polish.
Bonaparte has given us the example
Of how we should win."

(Wikipedia is using some strange translation of this lyrics, so I edited them a little)

PPS.
Niech żyje II Rzeczpospolita.

You have reminded me the end of battle in M&B: WFaS on the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth side.

Good update. Are you planning to take those fortifications on Czech border or size all country?

Except for Těšín, all of the other forts are already destroyed by Germans (level 1 or 2), so they aren't of much use.

Jesus, I never thought that people on this forum would start speaking Polish. I won't have to use translator for some strange, odd and long English words.

But, but... he has started with that. It's not my fault! :p

PS. It is great moment in this AAR to use this words of our national anthem:

"Przejdziem Wisłę, przejdziem Wartę,
Będziem Polakami.
Dał nam przykład Bonaparte,
Jak zwyciężać mamy."

It is a little old Polish language, but it is something like this:

"We'll cross the Vistula, We'll cross the Warta,
We shall be Polish.
Bonaparte has given us the example
Of how we should win."

(Wikipedia is using some strange translation of this lyrics, so I edited them a little)

Actually, I understood the text completely even though I'm not Polish. But I guess you all know my nationality anyway...

But, but... he has started with that. It's not my fault! :p

And I have nothing to it. I am Polish, so I would be happy, very happy if this forum will start to speak Polish(Here some epic evil laugh "Muahahaha" or something like that)

Oh NOOOOO!!! OSLO!!

"[...] some in the other nations of their faction) were ready to surrender"

That's the worst day for Allies ever, Great Britain is already evacuating themselves to Canada and France to Africa, there is no hope for democracy now...

First, I have to cut them off from Hungarian border; I don't want them to drive all of them into one province just to find out those 15-30 divisions just retreat to Hungary and then back to action through Austria.
Yeah, that would be useful. Though it's going to be difficult, given how little room there is to manoeuvre in Slovakia. But I guess if your tanks can get through along the southern border without getting pinned, you can encircle at least some of them.

As for the French, I just want them to hold onto Maginot and Alpine lines, everything else is taking away my glory from conquests :D
I'd trade glory for the lives of Polish soldiers any day (if the French are so eager to die instead...? :laugh:), but to each their own. :p Anyway, what conquests? You can't annex countries in HPP if you're not USSR or the primary Axis powers, afaik. :p

I'd trade glory for the lives of Polish soldiers any day (if the French are so eager to die instead...? :laugh:), but to each their own. :p Anyway, what conquests? You can't annex countries in HPP if you're not USSR or the primary Axis powers, afaik. :p

Concede Defeat allows you to keep what you conquer. Also If I send them to exile, then (after the Axis gets dissolved) who keeps all the land? The controller. I'm not really sure whether I want to push it to this level, since my primary objective is to keep myself alive with all the wars in Europe concluded ;)