• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes this falls on Kerberos, Steam just posted what they sent. thats why there sending them a new build if it was steams falt there would be no need for Kerberos to send a new build, steam would just fix it on there end.

I think SotS is the best Space game ever but that doesn't make me a fanboy like some. SotS 2 buggy release on steam for whatever reason is unacceptable. Barring a couple of companies, this industries trend toward acceptable buggy releases is getting really bad and half the fault is the fanboys that defend it.

It is for those of us who aren't self-absorbed sociopaths. A little consideration and empathy for your fellow human beings goes a long way.

If in any way we desire currency and exercise the practice of privation because of it, we are all then sociopaths....every last one of us. :)

Last edited:
I'm prepared to be gracious about the f*ck-up with the build but, having tried to run the beta version and not even getting past the menu page, I am concerned that this could even be called a beta. I hope it is really really old!

Not that i am too eager to step onto the barricades to defend Steam.. but this is really the developers fault, not Steam's.

It's nice reading that you all know exactly what happened. But in the current market of PC digital download plus retail, plus multiple DLC for different vendors with different systems... if you need to lay blame on anyone, we're happy to shoulder it and we understand.

It's nice reading that you all know exactly what happened. But in the current market of PC digital download plus retail, plus multiple DLC for different vendors with different systems... if you need to lay blame on anyone, we're happy to shoulder it and we understand.
Its a beta build, dated 7 months ago (another thread on here said the build date was listed on the splash screen, i havent checked personally). You can try to spin it any way you want, i dont see how a 7 month old beta build could appear as a "release version" without it being the developer who royally messed something up. But please feel free to educate me :)

Feel free to set the record straight any time Castewar... we're all bored here waiting for the real release to be available and have nothing better to do than speculate!! :p

Hope you get it sorted soon and can all go home and sleep for a couple days, I'm sure you're all exhausted.

Accidents happen and while some people get more annoyed or upset over them than others. But I am glad you guys are getting on fixing the problem.

I'm not certain if an excuse or reason is what people want to hear, to be honest.

On both sides of the equation, money matters. At this point, the paying customers are feeling a bit...frustrated... and they want what they paid for. Some people are quite patient and others may not be as patient. I'm just enjoying the view from the sidelines myself but at least the parties involved are working to resolve the issue/s. Many here appreciate it.