• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we have Quantity WITH Quality?

Sounds like a average challenge for you? :p
All warfare is based on deception, not on numbers. :cool:
I guess we'll see when Vincent and I continue that game :)

"quality helps, but quantity wins (in HOI2)" - Me (and some russian generals i think):D
Sadly, this is true in most cases, an infantry spam usually wins you the war, yet I don't like to use this technique.
Although one always needs a strong backbone of inf, I prefer to build at least 1/3 of my infantry as mountaineers, never underestimate their effectiveness.

filler are always my Hammer units, Panzers combines with stacks of mechanized (no motorized), and for the minor nations: cavalry with a groups 4 panzers here and there.

What are your techniques?

Can't we have Quantity WITH Quality?
You can, they're called helicopters ! :D

O usually uses groups of 3 Divisions, 2 Inf / 1 Tanks. If I do not have Tanks, 3 Infs. If the MP is big, I create some MIL in the second Line, slowing the enemy.

TRP said:
Do you always add some self promotion in your posts?
We all know of your new AAR, so why don't you put your efforts in writing some more updates? ;)

1 a day, lest I spend my life writing updates instead of doing Uni work. :rofl:
I do love this though. I think Zog could take on Germany just by sneezing at them. They shall fold like houses made of cardboard, after a storm.

Apply acs to all of your calavalry and build anti tank divisions every were then build mech or motorised infantry. You might have some fun attacking bulgaria, yugo, Greece and turkey to expand your mighty Estonian front

interludeg.jpg

13672895.jpg

Shortly after the landing in the Danish Odense the Estonian forces swam south to rid their new rivals of their capitol.

"We had the advantage of numbers and our soldiers are armed with superior equipment, we ended the fight only hours after it began."

"A small detachment was also sent to undefended western part of Denmark, to secure our dominance over the region."

"All in all, the annexation was swift."

42128191.jpg

Spring has come, and it turned the harsh frozen Estonian lands into a beautifully landscape of green and blue.
Yet the pleasant weather was the last of Emperor Konstantin Päts' concerns.
His work is never done and seems bittered from the slow pace of his expansionism, and now regularly locked himself in his quarters, and rarely left it.

Two advisors were just outside the large wooden gates of the Emperors private room, and were playing Rock-paper-scissors, best out of three, to decide who is to go in.
Advisor number one lost, and opened the heavy doors with a sigh.

"Yes?! Who disturbs the Emperor?" yelled a small figure at the end of the room, entirely clouded in darkness.

"Euh, It is I, Emperor, one of your loyal advisor-minion." answered the shaken aide."There is a man here to see you, claiming he has an interesting proposal for you sir."

"Is that so? Send him in then!"

Behind the advisor, the wooden doors reopened and through them entered a young man dressed in a widely decorated robe, followed by his servant.

The servant introduced his master by yelling "Meiji the Great, 122nd emperor of Japan!"

"Who the hell does this Emperor think he is?" thought Konstantin to himself.

In a somewhat arrogant fashion Emperor Meiji approached the leader of Estonia "I have a proposition for you, Päts" the man smiled.

"I have gathered that you are now the new ruler of Denmark, and thus also, Iceland."

Konstantin was getting annoyed by this appearance "Where is this going? I don't have all day"

"Let me cut to the chase, you have Iceland, a useless blob of lands, and I need a new country, a fresh start, working telephones, and possible typewriters." the Japanese Emperor threw a folder of documents on the Estonian Emperor's desk "These documents show that running and maintaining Iceland will be a terrible train on your already overstretched economy."

Päts was going through the papers, but what did he knew about economics?

"This is why I think we can help each other out, appoint me king of Iceland, and we will serve you, as your vassal."

"This offer...is very tempting...But you seem to forget one thing, Emperor."

"And what may that be Emperor?"

"I hate allies, Yoneda Takero!"

Shocked, the Japanese man shambled "What? But-How?"

"Impersonating an Emperor, how sad, GUARDS !"

Four guards ran in the room and seized Takero and his friend

Konstantin stood up, grinning at his victims "Throw them...into the Pit!"

The guards looked confused at each other "What pit Emperor?"

"The Bottomless one of course, you idiot!"

The advisor came around the desk and whispered something to his master

"hmm, I see... Shoot them out a cannon then, improvise!"

"Yes sir!" the guards responded simultaneously.

Some screams were all the Emperor when Takero was being dragged though the hall. "NOOOO ! Spare me ! Spare meee..."

Konstantin returned to his shadows after excusing his advisor.

"Oh yes, almost forgot, declare war on Sweden."

"It will be done sir." The advisor responded, and closed the doors.

10443011.jpg

Iceland, firmly under control of the Estonia

80687104.jpg

Initial invasion of Sweden

Has anyone ever tried an army consisting entirely out of militia? Would that work, if there are enough?

i think many tried (as the USSR ofc) and there were a couple of AARs with it.
but with the USSR almost everything works: I once did an experiment: i built only cavalry (and INT-Fs) and General Kulik was enjoying the sun in Bordeaux by mid-'43 (on n/n)

Don't you worry, I have a plan for RTCB, and it includes ships :p

You better do, or else you shall face the wrath of my own designed BCs. :p

so...is RCB dead? or is the interlude still going on?

so...is RCB dead? or is the interlude still going on?
Of course RTCB isn't dead, I thought the graphic at the top was quite clear, so updates will return to normal (as far as you can call them normal) next week, but I will cram an interlude update in here and there. :)

What do you think about that?

Of course RTCB isn't dead, I thought the graphic at the top was quite clear, so updates will return to normal (as far as you can call them normal) next week, but I will cram an interlude update in here and there. :)

What do you think about that?

Its perfectly fine. I was just confused is all. RTCB is awesome. Keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.