• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Holy.Death

Deputy Armchair General
30 Badges
Feb 27, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Today my Mozilla decided that it won't allow for word wrapping when typing a response to someone. I don't know what caused it, but less than 24 hours ago everything was fine. Do anyone has any clues what's going on? It's kind of annoying to post. I observed that the problem is limited to Pardox Forum for some reason.

Same problem here with Mozilla Firefox, too. It's present in PMs, too.

I am also using Firefox (and Linux if that is relevant) and I too have the forum think that everything must be on the same line unless enter explicitly has been pressed.
Holy.Death if you have to write replies and don't want to scroll horizontally then write the posts in some editor---e.g. emacs or vi. Then you just copy paste the reply to the forum. Though it would be preferrable if the forum was fixed.
It worked for me yesterday. Though on Linux there was an update to Firefox late yesterday; perhaps that is what caused the problem, since it worked before that update and after the first restart of the browser---i.e. today---it didn't work.

Did others also have a Firefox update between it working and not working?

Yes. I posted on this yesterday. Castellon suggested it was a bug, and I double checked all of that because of the new Mozilla update that inserted 'Firefox Hello' as well as several other options.

What fixed it for me was to go into General Settings here on Paradox Plaza. Under 'Miscellaneous Options' change the format type to 'enhanced WYSIWYG'.

I also unintalled and reinstalled Firefox, but I'm fairly certain the correction came from changing the General Settings.

It now works fine, except for the fact the cursor no longer shows up in lines of typed text.

Yes. I posted on this yesterday. Castellon suggested it was a bug, and I double checked all of that because of the new Mozilla update that inserted 'Firefox Hello' as well as several other options.

What fixed it for me was to go into General Settings here on Paradox Plaza. Under 'Miscellaneous Options' change the format type to 'enhanced WYSIWYG'.

I also unintalled and reinstalled Firefox, but I'm fairly certain the correction came from changing the General Settings.

It now works fine, except for the fact the cursor no longer shows up in lines of typed text.
Changing to 'enhanced WYSIWIG' did not help.

I had the exact same issue, but changing the setting to WYSIWYG fixed it for me. Thanks Andre!

(btw I first changed to "text only", saved settings, then to "Full WYSIWYG". Still a bit annoying, this lack of cursor)

I had the exact same issue, but changing the setting to WYSIWYG fixed it for me. Thanks Andre!

(btw I first changed to "text only", saved settings, then to "Full WYSIWYG". Still a bit annoying, this lack of cursor)
For me it only works to change to WYSIWIG inside the editor itself; changing it generally doesn't work. And then you will have images and similar things show in the post as you type it up thereby destroying the flow and making it harder to reply to a post. This is seriously annoying and again a proof of how bad WYSIWIG is compared to just writing the code and then compiling later.