• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kegarx

Sergeant
36 Badges
Aug 25, 2011
soundcloud.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
In my current game as Saffarid in the newest beta i play as Saffaird. I've just created rajastan empire and I'm wondering if I should give some lower titles to my sons or brothers. Is there any benefits for doing this? I know I have bigger chance to get increase my family's decadence, but it would be great if giving titles away to family members givs me some additional benefits?

sorry for english

XttaCL0.png

The more landed family members (and the more family members who died while holding titles), the more dynasty prestige you'll have. The more dynasty prestige, the more prestige every character of your dynasty will be born with.

Kinsmen will have +5 opinion of you (brothers have -20 and half-brothers have -40).

...that's about all I can think of. Even just one decadent family member can give you .2 decadence per month or more.

Hmmm... IMO this prestige bonus isn't worth for rebels, lower income and army morale. So the best way to handle my family is get only one wife and as low as it is possbile numbers of my male family member?
And I should gives my titles to kinsman rather than my brothers, Am I right?

Nah... I think something is missing here.

You should not give titles to your close relatives who may have claims in your titles because you should never increase the power of the potential usurpers. Giving titles to distant relatives is generally OK but be sure that they don´t have ambitious or envious traits. Also, it is generally a good idea to educate your successors yourself because AI isn´t the best possible educator for the children. If you use other family members as educators then check that they have as many positive traits as possible.

If that family member doesn´t have the educational trait that you desire to your successor to have then at age 15 give the children another educator who does have the desired educational trait like brilliant strategist or grey eminence. That increases the chances for the child to gain the desired trait.

I've played a muslim game for about 200 years and I can safely say: NEVER LAND THEM.
It was fine the first 150 years, but my dynasty's growth is now so large the decadence is now almost unstoppable.
To contain it on one character I even accumulated -90 tyranny plus -40 revoked titles (though still no rebellion obviously cause muslims are OP)

Hmmm...
Definetly there should be some additional mechanic for decadence system. In the current shape it is totaly pointless to land your family.
Suggestion:
1) What if your non-family vassals has - 30 opinion modifier to you.
2) Every temple in your family's hands grant small re-decadent bonus.
3) Decision wich grants you re-decadent bonus for 12 months for costs of money and prestige
4) Re-decadent trait (reverse od Decadent Trait).

Hmmm...
Definetly there should be some additional mechanic for decadence system. In the current shape it is totaly pointless to land your family.
Suggestion:
1) What if your non-family vassals has - 30 opinion modifier to you.
2) Every temple in your family's hands grant small re-decadent bonus.
3) Decision wich grants you re-decadent bonus for 12 months for costs of money and prestige
4) Re-decadent trait (reverse od Decadent Trait).

You should at least play for a while before suggesting a complete overhaul.

If you want your game to be enjoyable as a Muslim you should never ever land your family members. Have all the kids you want to make your dynasty large but never land anybody. Ever. Never ever.

And this is why decadence is an immersion breaking system that should never have been included.

I landed all of my family members as a muslim. They all did ramadans I guess so I constantly had 0 decadence. I think you guys haven't extensively played muslims since all the changes. I admit I get annoyed at constant pop up spam about decadent members... otherwise... I like it.

I landed all of my family members as a muslim. They all did ramadans I guess so I constantly had 0 decadence. I think you guys haven't extensively played muslims since all the changes. I admit I get annoyed at constant pop up spam about decadent members... otherwise... I like it.

Agree. Muslims are fun; just don't play like a christian would. Never understood all the fuss.

Even in the most recent patch, landing male members of your dynasty is a path to destruction.

You won't see it in the first 100 years. And you won't see it in a realm of less than 200 holdings. But it will happen.

What eventually happens is that your fellow dynasty members breed like rabbits if they have titles. So, even if you land people to help them not become decadent (it helps, but isn't a guarantee), and they try to land their sons, there's eventually more males than titles to go around. And you can't ever convince enough men to pick the correct school of Islam when you have 250 men in your dynasty running around.

So what happens is eventually having multiple members of your dynasty all doing Ramadan and going on Hajj's and trying to land sons does not do enough to correct the decadence problem. As far as I can tell, either my vassal male members of the dynasty are lazy, or they don't takfir their own kids when their sons get decadent and won't straighten up, forcing you to do it. Which makes them angry because you imprisoned their sons. Then you start taking tyranny penalties for imprisoning males that are decadent, but won't straighten up again. And the next thing you know, you're sitting on a pile of angry vassals.

So your choices end up being one of the following:

1) Never land males in your dynasty except your heir while also limiting your fertility by not taking as many fertile wives. (For Islamic tribes, this is a real problem because you take a prestige hit for not having enough wives.)

2) Land them, wait a couple of centuries, and start eating the tyranny penalties. Eventually, you will fight regular civil wars with your vassals over the issue (if you are lucky, you can liquidate some family during these wars).

3) Land them, wait a couple of centuries, and start eating the decadence penalties. If you are Caliph, you can probably forestall decadence revolts by strategically calling jihads to clear it when it's sitting at 80% or more. If you aren't Caliph, have a plan to crush decadence revolts.

4) Land them, wait a couple of centuries, and start eating decadence penalties. Let the decadence revolts happen, and just reclaim your realm periodically. Or use it as an excuse to start from scratch. You could probably get three to five new empires during a full game this way.

I'm not saying that the system is bugged or broken, but insanely large Islamic realms are basically destined to collapse sooner or later, more so than their counterparts in other faiths. The catch is that you can play ahistorically and never land family, and get around the system. It's kind of weird that the best way to play Muslim realms over the long term is to do the opposite of what most Muslim dynasties did in the period.

Sometimes I miss portions of the old system, where at least an orgy of fighting and killing between the brothers upon succession has some historical basis. But I kind of wish that decadence rewarded giving more power to your own sons, and letting them settle things upon succession. Not like in the old system where you gave land to one son, and let him wipe his brothers out easily, but instead where you would be encouraged to land them all with significant territories so they could actually fight among themselves in a real way.

So, this is pointless. Landing your family is slipery slope.
This mechanic needs some reward for landing, because in current condition it works like this:
or

kill, imprison or banish your male members, and fight with every percent of decadence (and I thnik this is completly ahistorical)

or

land them... and die... so hard.

Play as Abbasids, have lots of kids, conquer tons of land like the AI does, give all your sons and brothers and uncles and everybody in your family a county each (as is realistic and accurate representation) then wait. For a while you'll have 0% decadence and you'll think everything is fine, then all of a sudden HOLY SHIT 80% DECADENCE RISING AT 4% PER MONTH

Even in the most recent patch, landing male members of your dynasty is a path to destruction.

You won't see it in the first 100 years. And you won't see it in a realm of less than 200 holdings. But it will happen. .

It's been centuries, every piece of heriditary land is properly Kafir, though I admit a lot of them aren't Muslim the majority are. just pockets of different faiths.