• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cetan

Colonel
75 Badges
Feb 26, 2012
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
A+

This was a surprise loading up the game tonight as I had not read the text before 2.2.1.3's patch notes.

You were right: Very well done. I like my Christmas gift, Paradox.

Well still don't understand how they going to deliver it.
So mediterannian DLC are gone? And instead we get free Iberian Italian ?

So how is that going to happen or we get to keep mediteranian dlc as a option to click on in the launcher.
And the free Iberian and Italian overwrites it?

So I don't even know how they going to deliver it on steam?
So greeks are a free DLC for all, but Iberian and Italian only free for those who purchase mediteranian ones?
And charged for people who didn't buy them yet?

They are vague again same as the suppose testing of way of life DLC open beta.

2guabdg.png

this is the new pack BTW for anyone who doesn't want to load up the game. its sooooooooo much better!

So how is that going to happen or we get to keep mediteranian dlc as a option to click on in the launcher.

So greeks are a free DLC for all, but Iberian and Italian only free for those who purchase mediteranian ones?

I couldn´t agree with you more...very confusing the whole thing. But the portraits are just amazing!

From what I can tell and what makes sense... The Mediterranean Portrait DLC only includes Greeks now and no longer has Iberians or Italian portraits. A New portrait dlc, or maybe two, will be released with WoL, free for people who already have the Mediterranean pack.

From what I can tell and what makes sense... The Mediterranean Portrait DLC only includes Greeks now and no longer has Iberians or Italian portraits. A New portrait dlc, or maybe two, will be released with WoL, free for people who already have the Mediterranean pack.

I don't think that's how that works.

This new Med portrait pack was free because so many people complained about the old one, and because they were going to release a new portrait pack that would technically reduce the functionality of another purchase. The Iberian Portrait and Unit packs are almost certainly for money.

I don't get what the confusion is about. They updated the mediterranean pack, and are planning to release some new cosmetic DLC (i.e. portrait packs) along with Way Of Life.

The old Mediterranean dlc is reduced to only the Byzantine group. The Mediterranean dlc is also redone. The Italians and Iberians previously using the Mediterranean portraits will now be using the new Iberian portraits. The Mediterranean update will be free to all owners of Mediterranean dlc and the new Iberian ones will likely cost some 1,99 for all.

I'm posting here just for you to know that not everyone is happy with that change. Especially because that's something that I specifically bought and we have no choice to accept that change or not. I bought a Med portraits pack and I was happy with it, now I have a all-Greeks-look-the-same portraits pack and I'll have to buy other portraits if I don't want the Iberians to use vanilla portraits.

The old Mediterranean dlc is reduced to only the Byzantine group. The Mediterranean dlc is also redone. The Italians and Iberians previously using the Mediterranean portraits will now be using the new Iberian portraits. The Mediterranean update will be free to all owners of Mediterranean dlc and the new Iberian ones will likely cost some 1,99 for all.
Excactly. This should be quite obvious.

I'm posting here just for you to know that not everyone is happy with that change. Especially because that's something that I specifically bought and we have no choice to accept that change or not. I bought a Med portraits pack and I was happy with it, now I have a all-Greeks-look-the-same portraits pack and I'll have to buy other portraits if I don't want the Iberians to use vanilla portraits.
Then you are in quite the minority ;)
But anyway, if you do not like this: Back up the old files (if you like the potatoe heads, that is), and/or MOD the portraits so they still appear for the whole Mediterranean region.
Modding portraits should not change the Checksum, so it would still be Ironman compatible even. It's a win-win situation, as you aren't forced to buy the Iberian ones :) (you could even mod everyone to use the Turkish portraits or something - buying facepacks should be done only because you like them)

Last edited:

I'm sorry that you don't like the change, I was very hesitant to reduce the area that the pack covered but the new portraits simply look too Greek, the old western portraits don't fit well but they do fit better on Italians and Iberians.
Regarding the old Med portraits I'm going to look into either:
a) Keeping the textures in the DLC but unused ( so you can mod them back into the game if you feel like it, but everyone who uses the mod needs the DLC )
b) Allowing anyone to use them in mods, irregardless ( I know it looks weird, I've just always used that word that way :p ) of owning the med ports DLC or not.

Well, I for one am very happy with the new faces, they look so much better than the ugly set we had so far.

You sure about that, or just guessing?

No, it was confirmed by a dev. I just don't know in which of the many threads :D

Thank you , I was also confused.

So Mediterranean DLC is redone, so is now more "greek faces" DLC, because it only applies to byzantines? And this update is free.
Italians & Iberians are not longer included in this DLC, and get their own new portrait DLC?