• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I, for one, welcome our new Byzantine overlords.

I won't be starting the game till 16th, anyone care to post what Med ladies look like now?
Here you go:
HGto8oJ.png

4TUQuMl.png

courtesy of cybrxkhan

I'm sorry that you don't like the change, I was very hesitant to reduce the area that the pack covered but the new portraits simply look too Greek, the old western portraits don't fit well but they do fit better on Italians and Iberians.
Regarding the old Med portraits I'm going to look into either:
a) Keeping the textures in the DLC but unused ( so you can mod them back into the game if you feel like it, but everyone who uses the mod needs the DLC )
b) Allowing anyone to use them in mods, irregardless ( I know it looks weird, I've just always used that word that way :p ) of owning the med ports DLC or not.

Can the same be applied to turkish faces? I'd like to have the pre-WoL turkish for modding purposes, even if the retouched ones are better for vanilla.

Wow they look great!

What about Roman?

I think the new Mediterranean portraits would work fine for northern Italians.

Why northern italians but not southern italians?

Anyway, the beards are way off for Italy.

Thank you , I was also confused.

So Mediterranean DLC is redone, so is now more "greek faces" DLC, because it only applies to byzantines? And this update is free.
Italians & Iberians are not longer included in this DLC, and get their own new portrait DLC?
This update to Byzantine faces is free.
Italians & Iberians are no longer included in the Mediterranean Portraits DLC and get their own new portrait DLC.

b) Allowing anyone to use them in mods, irregardless ( I know it looks weird, I've just always used that word that way :p ) of owning the med ports DLC or not.
That would be interesting. Fantasy mods could probably find a use for them.

I must confess, some of these screenshoots actually looks really good...
I was very uncertain if I liked this forced change or not, but it grows on me.. I hope the Iberian DLC will keep this Higher standard that Paradox seems to be putting into the facepacks now...
So far, I have been very disappointed with the facepacks, the old med DLC was actually the one I liked the most - the following ones just seems so weird looking, with very smooth skin, no Real expressions and blank empty eyes.

you should probably rename the DLC to Greek Portraits then, since it only covers a third of the Med. People now :p

Contrary to what seems to be the opinions of some, these forums do not allow the use of terms that denigrate or cause distress to individuals, minorities, majorities, pluralities or any denomination. This is something covered in the rules you all agreed to when registering. Discussion of what terms you do, or do not find offensive is a moot discussion; the offended individual is the one who decides whether they are offended, and ultimately it is the forum staff who determine if a rule violation has taken place. OT and offensive posts have been purged from this thread; please keep your discussions here civil and constructive, this is both a workplace for the Paradox Staff and a community platform for Paradox Fans, so lets try and keep it clean and enjoyable for everyone.

Did anyone have Iberian screenshot?

Nope, as far as I know.

I don't get why Paradox doesn't release previews of these smaller DLCs. Or even make announcements! This seems like a bad way to advertise your products.

Nope, as far as I know.

I don't get why Paradox doesn't release previews of these smaller DLCs. Or even make announcements! This seems like a bad way to advertise your products.

Well, these are accompanying DLCs that come with the bigger DLCs that they do advertise. So I guess they don't find it prudent to advertise 3 new products for one game at the same time, considering that 2 of them are just minor ones.

I'm guessing Occitans will also get Iberian portraits since they used to have the old Mediterranean portraits, but now don't in the open beta. Hope the Iberian portraits will be just as good as the new Greek ones.

I wasn't exactly overwhelmed with the reveal of the Iberian Portraits DLC, considering Finnic and Levantine portraits are probably more vital before the game ceases on development, but I have to admit - I am getting rather curious as to what they look like, considering the previous ones had generally either been shown officially in developer diaries, or leaked.

I'm guessing Occitans will also get Iberian portraits since they used to have the old Mediterranean portraits, but now don't in the open beta. Hope the Iberian portraits will be just as good as the new Greek ones.

Occitans in my games have always had default western European faces.