• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A few minor nits fixed.
Updating the player list now.

Grand Council member: A council will have several finite miscellaneous powers selected from the traits listed on the first post
So no scanning powers, except maybe van Helsing scan(s), for the council?

No scanners? Oh my, this is so tempting. I can't, though.

It was high time somebody did this, I think. :)

So no scanning powers, except maybe van Helsing scan(s), for the council?

Quite probably they will have at least one van helsing scan.
However, the general idea is that the village will be largely left to it's own devices in figuring out who or what pack(s) has/have infiltrated them (hopefully motivating people to be active and not rest on their laurels counting on some JL to save them), so do not count on them having a lot of scans, either.

NosferatuShadow_zps773926f1.jpg

In as Nosferatu (or Count Orlok if you prefer).
I am not surpriced that is your RP

As far as I can see Dracula hasn't bee taken yet, so I will take him.

Nope. There is almost no point to that without scanners. :)
Jumping ship?

I feel that these two ability are too similar. A hunter is an assassin with one eye open basically.
It usually have been kept because the van Helsing normally has a hunter trait; not a blunderbuss and an OEO like in this game.

Wagonlitz is just being pedantic as it should be "CET", not "CST". ;)
Also to avoid possible confusions. CST is Central Time---i.e. the time of Texas and Lemeard. So some Americans might sign up thinking it is an American evening game.

Player list updated. 21 players before any kind of advertising has been done whatsoever. Not bad.

It was high time somebody did this, I think. :)

Quite probably they will have at least one van helsing scan.
However, the general idea is that the village will be largely left to it's own devices in figuring out who or what pack(s) has/have infiltrated them (hopefully motivating people to be active and not rest on their laurels counting on some JL to save them), so do not count on them having a lot of scans, either.
Giving van Helsing scans are the only scans in the roles does that mean that the council might get van Helsing super scans?

Giving van Helsing scans are the only scans in the roles does that mean that the council might get van Helsing super scans?

Yes.

My RP shall be as The Quiet One.

IN as the pest exterminator

So yeah, I heard you guys have a bat problem. Now, this isn't my specialty, but gassing the buggers should work, right?

IN as the pest exterminator

So yeah, I heard you guys have a bat problem. Now, this isn't my specialty, but gassing the buggers should work, right?
The Quiet One responds, unsurprisingly, with silence.

In

What do Werewolf and crystal meth have in common? Both are incredibly addictive and harmful.

In as Nicolas Cage

The Internet told me that he was a vampire:
425.cage.ls.091911.jpg

What do Werewolf and crystal meth have in common? Both are incredibly addictive and harmful.

In as Nicolas Cage

The Internet told me that he was a vampire: http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2011819/425.cage.ls.091911.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]
WW: Not even once.

In.

Added: Pathological liar, Damsel in Distress, Knight in Shining Armor, and the Padre (the only type of protector that won't stop people from dying! :D )

Minor tweaks: Mostly cases of replacing specific types of hunts and protections with the phrase "nightly action" or "nightly attack", making them less wordy and easier to understand.
If anyone spots more cases of such things please call them out.

I'm happy with this ruleset. Last call for comments, once signups close these will be more or less fixed in stone (barring glaring errors or oversights).

I've updated the player list. Up to 27 people now. Not a very big game (yet), but this is enough to make the basic concept work.

I will probably close signups on tuesday. I considered doing it earlier, but I have RL (some of it sinterklaas related) stuff happening on friday, sunday, and monday. And possibly wednesday. And even more RL stuff the friday and saturday after that ;-)
Damn, I'm a busy person. :)

No worries though. Kaetje isn't playing, and if necessary I will give her access to the spreadsheet and allow her to post updates on your behalf. Or simply give you guys 48-hour vote cycles on days where it really matters (which should be most of them, given the absence of a JL).

I might still close them on thursday but weekends tend to be a bit slow and having this game start up like molasses does not sound like a helpful thing.