• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Woopzilla

Captain
70 Badges
Dec 19, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
Playing as a muslim and have taken note of several issues with them which pop up in many of my playthroughs. I've never got round to making a comprehensive list of them until now (and there's probably a lot more):

EDIT: Ok, this list has become pretty big, so thanks in advance if you read through all of it.

• I'm no longer receiving popup notifications of when dynasty members turn decadent.
  • I'm being made the educator of random children and sometimes my own daughter without my knowledge.
  • Muslim AI cares too much about the culture of your daughters. I use my daughters as free bonus opinion tools on my vassals (let them educate them) but if my liege suddenly switches culture (on succession for example) he will go nuts suggesting a teacher for all of my 12 daughters, carrying a potential -20 or -25 'refused guardian offer' penalty for each of them. These offers sometimes auto cancel if you don't pause the game fast enough should the AI liege experience another event popup (such as expelling the jews) - giving you an opinion penalty. This is what happens on those rare occassions where you hear the 'offer' drop-down sound and nothing appears... you sometimes find an ally with -50 dishonoured alliance modifier or a liege with a guardianship penalty, etc. In short, muslims should ignore what happens to females (they cannot rule or inherit in islamic society) and AI guardianship offers get cancelled if the AI triggers an event such as expelling the jews. This is what happened exactly: AI offered guardian for my daugther -> I get offer -> AI expels Jews -> Offer is auto-cancelled/declined -> I get opinion penalty.
  • Loading a game where you are a councillor for your liege will disable you from taking on any wards. You have to resign from the council and take on the ward, and then get rehired by the council. From this point on it will work normally again until you load the game again - it will then be bugged once more. Can be reproduced by trying to take on a ward from the below save, eg. the son of my heir.
    Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vs4vdv2e5i57ejg/educator ward test.ck2?dl=0
  • I'm a Sultan under the Umayyad Emperor. Whenever a courtier suggests a Chief Qadi to me and I refuse, an immediate popup will appear claiming that I suggested myself to the Emperor as Chief Qadi and that he rejected my offer and I lose prestige (there's a few versions of this Chief Qadi suggestion event though, not all do this). Hilariously, if I'm in the middle of a revolt, I suggest to myself that I should become Chief Qadi to myself... I then reject myself and lose prestige.
    Es7LwUv.jpg

757ZTQM.jpg
  • A few annoying grammatical mistakes can be seen in the first picture too: "the people of the realm lacks just judgement" and "who she believes would make"
  • There's a lot of muslim events written in awkward and confusing ways. It seems whoever wrote them didn't like using pronouns at all! Eg. The image above is a milder example. I will have to play a bit longer to find them all though but a lot of the 'Chief Qadi' related events happen to be some of the offenders. They keep repeating the full names of the courtier and Chief Qadi and it can get quite confusing.
  • The exact same issue happens when I get an event to actually suggest a Chief Qadi to my liege. I end up suggesting that my liege should become his own Chief Qadi:
    IbrLhlm.jpg

KdrqapS.jpg
  • This event has far too much text in the buttons and cannot be read easily:
    ldQjuV6.jpg

qg8eFxI.jpg
  • My liege was willing to let my son marry his daughters even though I had joined a faction as a member (not a leader) that just declared war on him. Might be WAD, but it still seems odd.
    RdTY5j1.jpg
  • Court Imam on charity mission just gets referred to as "Your <blank> reports":
    hd4XUz9.jpg
  • AI rapidly raises and lowers 0 boats from provinces:
    [video=youtube;pG9Td-x9ufs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG9Td-x9ufs[/video]
    Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/apnfn2gvyuiw7zl/AI raising 0 boats repeatedly.ck2?dl=0
  • Starting as a custom character and immediately going on a Hajj leads to a non-existant regent:
    95plJLw.jpg
  • A claimant came to power via a faction and usurped the current Emperor who had expelled the Jews. This new Emperor did not have the 'expelled the Jews' modifier. The old deposed liege still had the expelled modifier as a vassal and died... his son inherited it. A faction pressed this son's claim to the throne and won. I now have a liege who has expelled the jews but I still have an option to pay them back. I also loaded the game as this new Emperor and he has the option to 'Welcome back the Jews' even though they apparently technically are already here:
    eNektkn.jpg

TjQb9yr.jpg

J87gtZX.jpg

poVF80F.jpg
    Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wzpy019f...nt - expelled jews can still be paid.ck2?dl=0
    The above save has been adjusted so that you can demand him to come in to power immediately. The current Emperor will fold without a fight.
  • Cannot replace Court Imam even if he is an infidel (I have no idea how he converted):
    Ww9zexs.jpg

j92TA07.jpg
  • Portrait accessories are misaligned (might be a cultural thing though since she's mediterranean/greek looking - according to the game at least):
    gmDa8OH.jpg
  • Call to arms information is broken:
    aPCLYNu.jpg
  • Similar to the above, chronicle entries usually miss out a lot of info and appear bugged, displaying entries such as 'daugther of .' for your spouses. For usurpations, the title holder history is there, so perhaps the game is just looking up the names wrongly. The famililess courtiers being married look like they have alternate entry forms but still list the original entry - so there's two entries noting you getting married to them.
    5r51ofp.jpg

atABnob.jpg

JYrJ6k1.jpg
  • Cannot betroth more than 1 girl - even though you can marry 4 women as a muslim.
  • Sometimes when my first wife is poisoned the culprit wrongly thinks she's the 'new first wife'. The event text also doesn't make much sense as it refers to another wife (my actual first wife). The actual murderer does get affected by the decisions though:
  • A faction pressed the claim of another on my liege. The claimant was still in the liege's court though and was leading armies. He was captured in a battle and the faction went on to win. The new liege is now in jail for the people who put him in power and isn't being released - this seems extremely stupid. They even had the 'fought for claimant +50' modifier. I don't think the top liege should ever be able to be kept imprisoned - only during a civil war, but gets released immediately after. The vassal would be condemning himself to a world of hurt once the liege is released or his heir took over.
    Alternatively, the AI and player should get a valid reason to imprison the would-be usurper and threathen his execution should the faction not stand down (lose the war). This also reminds me of the event where you can be caught 'kissing' a lover in public and be arrested (usually by your heir)... it's bizarre and shouldn't happen.
    UzJOgyc.jpg
    Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdjso35ltgcdyqy/jailed successful usurper.ck2?dl=0 Note that unfortunately I don't have a save from during the revolt when the rebelling faction captured their own claimant they're fighting for... only the aftermath. Another issue is probably that he's locked away by a vassal of his vassal. There should be some check that makes sure the people being captured aren't the ones you're putting your lives on the line for.
  • My previous liege lost all his personal holdings to a Holy War for Toulouse. He then randomly hijacked a tribal county from one of this vassals. All of a sudden this 58+ year old man turned into a backward barbarian and all his vassals, including me, hated him for -30 for being the wrong government type. I believe hijacking a county should, where possible, grant him another feudal county to match his previous government.
    This once happened to me in another game. I granted a vassal several feudal holdings and a duchy and he decided to move the capital to the de jure duchy capital - the only tribal holding within the duchy which I forgot to upgrade... all of a sudden he was a tribalistic leader who hated my guts for being a bit too civilized.
    hTZWEz1.jpg
    SAVE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbjqx7b6p..._08 AI loses holdings becomes tribal.ck2?dl=0
    This save is just prior to my liege losing all his holdings. To show this 'bug' I loaded an old save and chose to play as the Karling AI emperor... cheated my way to a quick Holy War win and switched back to my original character to observe my liege switching governments.

On an off-tangent side note, it's actually hilarious how quickly the AI ruined my realm in the span of just a few months when in control of my character. It made made my heir craven and created an unecessary kingdom that was drifting into my primary title alongside another kingdom, switched his primary title and moved his capital to a technologically worse province that wasn't even his new, smaller kingdom's capital... it also managed to enrage a vassal for -110 opinion by randomly imprisoning him for some worthless plot and gave away one of my duchy titles within which I owned all of its counties, making another vassal hate me for -100 for wanting all my counties: http://i.imgur.com/V5oYnWO.jpg. Its councillors are also now just idling and it somehow blew 3k gold in a few months while also managing to lose some of its retinue and rehiring a skirmish retinue instead of a camel rider one. God, I could go on but I realize I'm ranting a bit now about just how badly the AI plays. No wonder it's never a threat and just gets steamrolled by the player - it creates unecessary internal strife on its own.
  • Not muslim related at all but: Charlemagne does not try to improve the Pope's opinion of him with his Chancellor or Court Chaplain. I've played 12+ games since CM was released and haven't seen the HRE once.
    The below save has Charlemagne have every single criteria met except for Pope opinion. All it would take is for his Chancellor or Court Chaplain to improve the Pope's opinion 3 times (which is very easy to achieve). You can load the game as him in order to verify this. Yes, it doesn't help that he's 'possessed' but it really isn't a problem. His son later inherited everything and also didn't form the HRE since he just sat there missing the Pope's opinion criteria. His son had more than 1 son, failed to form Francia and everything splintered - my dynasty then took over on its own accord without my help even. I became the new Karling instead...
    Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/95dlm4m77v4wyb1/HRE wont form - AI doesnt improve Pope opinion.ck2?dl=0
And more of a suggestion than a bug:
  • On the topic of imprisonment (not entirely related to only muslims but still...): I'm my liege's strongest vassal, on a good day I have 90-160% my liege's strength (depends how much he's warring). I'm playing as a loyal friend of their dynasty... I'm also their marshal. All of a sudden my liege imprisons me because I was accused of rape. The AI just pissed off their guardian that allows them to stay in power - it also now doesn't have access to my liege levies. The AI should be smarter than this. I bought my freedom and immediately deposed my liege simply because I could and had a chip on my shoulder. I'm sure any other AI would probably also try to get someone else on the throne or get an indepedence faction going.

And since this post is turning into a 'comprehensive list' type of post, here's another issue with holy orders: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-and-notifications-AIs-Holy-Orders-and-Sieges

And minor main menu issues: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-to-buy-Sunset-Invasion-when-I-already-own-it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm no longer receiving popup notifications of when dynasty members turn decadent.

This is a message setting issue. There is a notification for it - it should probably be set to pop-up. But right now it's set to "High Priority" so it just shows up as a message in the upper-right.

I'm being made the educator of random children and sometimes my own daughter without my knowledge.

Yeah, this is an annoying thing that needs to be changed. I think the idea is that the education of Muslim daughters isn't important, and you'll probably have several of them, so it's basically just automated away... which is really annoying.

I'm a Sultan under the Umayyad Emperor. Whenever a courtier suggests a Chief Qadi to me and I refuse, an immediate popup will appear claiming that I suggested myself to the Emperor as Chief Qadi and that he rejected my offer and I lose prestige (there's a few versions of this Chief Qadi suggestion event though, not all do this). Hilariously, if I'm in the middle of the revolt, I suggest to myself that I should become Chief Qadi to myself... I then reject myself and lose prestige.
Es7LwUv.jpg
757ZTQM.jpg

Yeah, the Chief Qadi events have never really worked properly and need to be checked.

Updated the list with a whole bunch of issues. Some are not exactly muslim only issues but they were all encountered within the same game. I notice tons of bugs with every playthrough and most of them are small and I've finally decided to get everything onto these forums. There's probably a whole host of other issues that I've not been able to remember. Will make another post for them when I re-encounter them.

Maybe I should've called this thread 'a BIG list of minor issues'.

• Portrait accessories are misaligned (might be a cultural thing though since she's mediterranean/greek looking - according to the game at least):
gmDa8OH.jpg

This is not a misalignment. It was a problem that has actually been fixed. The problem is that the updates don't seem to replace DLC files when there is also an update to them.

To fix this particular issue, go into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Crusader Kings II\DLC folder and delete dlc047.zip and dlc047.dlc files, and then go to Steam > Library > Crusader Kings II > (right click) Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache, which should redownload the DLC and give you the corrected alpha.

It's probably a wise move to do that to your DLCs, at least the most recent ones, after every major release or patch. For instance, it is also the same reason why people are still sometimes seeing darker Turks, which were fixed a long time ago.