• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Woopzilla

Captain
70 Badges
Dec 19, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
I'm attacking the King of Italy for my claim on it. The King of Italy is also at war with the tribal catholic Duke of Holstein. He is in no other wars and everyone involved is catholic.

NkPIArF.jpg

GLTORMb.jpg

For some reason though the King of Italy has a Holy Order hired and is moving back and forth over my county of Oberbayern with them... I'm constantly receiving a notification popup telling me that the Siege of München (my holding) is victorious.

1XjUK84.jpg

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpn8lq617zrgngr/holy order and siege of munich.ck2?dl=0

Save before the war: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aeyn3ji06rksqh4/Austria861_02_17.ck2?dl=0

Perhaps the AI is mistakenly thinking that tribal = pagans and is hiring them? I've reloaded an earlier save but I can't see why he would raise a holy order... he didn't have one raised at the time that I declared war. He might've had a heresy uprising (but all his lands are catholic). I can't seem to replicate it though.

EDIT: Might be on to something: Oberbayern was recently converted to Waldensian (I holy warrred for Bayern)... I'm catholic but that county's current religion is Waldensian.
EDIT2: The above is a red herring I think. The King of Italy is fighting peasant revolts that are Lollards from another realm? He then keeps his holy order hired and tries to unsiege or siege certain provinces and it keeps giving me the bugged siege success screen.

But still, in this situation the AI should stand the holy order down, which it isn't doing. The bugged siege popup should also not really be happening.

Started in 2.2.0.5, was writing this report up just as the 2.2.0.6 update became available.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agreed! same for me. But!!! I delighted with a patch 2.2.0.5, I passed almost all game without bugs (1306 year), only this moment puzzled. Excellent work, Paradox! Thank you!

Last edited:
I had this same thing happen this morning, playing Ireland 769 start (we're into the 10th century now). I was attempting to take a county in the (unformed) duchy of Galloway on a fabricated claim against an opponent with depleted military forces, when this 13K Holy Order stack showed up—more than double my own troop strength. Instead of attacking my siege forces, the stack wandered into Ireland and proceeded to flip-flop between two counties, generating a siege win for me with each flip. This was great for my war score and I ended up winning a war I probably should have lost (if we assume the holy order was there legitimately). The stack could have obliterated my army and decimated my counties, but it did neither. I ended up with about 60 siege wins. :blink:

I started this game under 2.2.0.4.

Last edited:
Hey, I've reported this issue in our internal database, thanks for posting! :)