• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Approve

I'd rather have the guy who can't change his vote on the team, anyways.

yah

Approve

The team of Falc, Aedan777, and Randakar was approved 5-3:

Yay: Aedan777, Randakar, Alxeu, Panzer Commander, Kaisersohaib
Nay: Tamius, Madchemist, Falc

It was sabotaged once.

Next up for the first proposal of the second round is Kaisersohaib. He must propose a team of 4 after handing out the following plot cards:

No Confidence – One time use - The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to reject an approved Mission team (successful Vote). Using this card counts as a failed Vote.

Establish Confidence – Use immediately – The Leader must choose one other player publicly. The GM will reveal the Leader's Role to that player in PM.

Randy sabotaging was certainly unexpected. Maybe he's hoping to get away with it because I'm known for sabotaging any teams I get on, even day 1. While you may not trust me after this, I ask you don't dismiss the possibility out of hand and trust Randy, nor should you make some assumption about Falc. He's a villager, and the best bet for Kaiser to use Establish confidence with, if Kaiser's a resistance member.

Well well.

So, Randy or aedan's a spy, and I'd expect at least one other to be in the Alxeu/Panzer/Kaiser group.

Let's not trust aedan, but the fact is that yes, in order to build a chain, the EC needs to be played on me.

Randy sabotaging was certainly unexpected. Maybe he's hoping to get away with it because I'm known for sabotaging any teams I get on, even day 1.

Well, at least I know one of the spies. :)

While you may not trust me after this, I ask you don't dismiss the possibility out of hand and trust Randy, nor should you make some assumption about Falc. He's a villager

:rofl:
Well, naturally, since you're a spy I will take your word that falc is a villager with just a *little* bit of a grain of salt, thank you very much.

, and the best bet for Kaiser to use Establish confidence with, if Kaiser's a resistance member.

.. yeah, I don't see that ending well.
From an uninformed villager perspective you may be right, but from my perspective? Completely different ballgame.

Let's not trust aedan, but the fact is that yes, in order to build a chain, the EC needs to be played on me.

Myeah. That's the rub, isn't it? If you aren't me you just can't know for sure that this isn't the correct strategy. It has to be done.
I really hope that you're resistance, Falc. If you're not Aedan and you are playing a really nice tight game, getting a single sabotage in back there.

Myeah. That's the rub, isn't it? If you aren't me you just can't know for sure that this isn't the correct strategy. It has to be done.
I really hope that you're resistance, Falc. If you're not Aedan and you are playing a really nice tight game, getting a single sabotage in back there.

The thing with Resistance is that you can try to build such a charade, but it usually requires you to keep adding weaker and weaker elements until it all falls down.

I mean, if you're not the Spy, then me and Aedan are both spies. It takes just one card to verify that and then *boom* game over.

The thing with Resistance is that you can try to build such a charade, but it usually requires you to keep adding weaker and weaker elements until it all falls down.

I mean, if you're not the Spy, then me and Aedan are both spies. It takes just one card to verify that and then *boom* game over.

Not sure I get that last bit, since right now it's between me or Aedan, and we both (aedan and me) know how that one falls out. ;-)

You however can still go both ways as far as I'm concerned. Maybe you're even a little more likely to be good, because I think I do agree (if I understand what you're trying to say correctly) with you that as a spy clearing a fellow spy is a rather risky maneuver - all it takes is your identity to be revealed somehow and then both your covers are blown.

Very interesting sabotage there. That's a gutsy move by one of you two.

Anyway, we now know that at least one of aedan or randy has to be a spy, as Falc cannot be a spy unless aedan is one as well. So here are our options:

1. Aedan and randy are both spies - Possible, but somewhat likely. Coordinating a single sabotage would be difficult.

2. Aedan and Falc are spies, randy is not - A viable possibility. Coordinating a single sabotage would be easier than usual in this scenario.

3. Aedan is a spy, Falc and randy are not - Also a viable possibility. Single sabotage is easy, since only one spy is present.

4. Randy is a spy, aedan and Falc are not - Also a viable possibility. Again, only one spy, so easy to do a single sabotage.

I'm not really sure what to recommend here with the EC. There's definitely some logic to continuing the chain by having Kai give EC to Falc; if Falc says Kai is good, then that means it's either true or that the entire spy team is Aedan+Falc+Kai, and if Falc says Kai is a spy, then that is either true or Falc and aedan are both spies. The alternative is to EC with anyone off the chain, which may be sort of useful, but that would split up the information into several disjointed pieces, with each individual link potentially doubtful. I think it makes the most sense to EC with Falc, as that would yield a greater amount of information than any alternative.

Very interesting sabotage there. That's a gutsy move by one of you two.

Anyway, we now know that at least one of aedan or randy has to be a spy, as Falc cannot be a spy unless aedan is one as well. So here are our options:

1. Aedan and randy are both spies - Possible, but somewhat likely. Coordinating a single sabotage would be difficult.

I hadn't even considered that option. But fair enough.

2. Aedan and Falc are spies, randy is not - A viable possibility. Coordinating a single sabotage would be easier than usual in this scenario.

Why's that?

3. Aedan is a spy, Falc and randy are not - Also a viable possibility. Single sabotage is easy, since only one spy is present.

It has to be this or the previous option, obviously. :)

4. Randy is a spy, aedan and Falc are not - Also a viable possibility. Again, only one spy, so easy to do a single sabotage.

Nope.

I'm not really sure what to recommend here with the EC. There's definitely some logic to continuing the chain by having Kai give EC to Falc; if Falc says Kai is good, then that means it's either true or that the entire spy team is Aedan+Falc+Kai, and if Falc says Kai is a spy, then that is either true or Falc and aedan are both spies. The alternative is to EC with anyone off the chain, which may be sort of useful, but that would split up the information into several disjointed pieces, with each individual link potentially doubtful. I think it makes the most sense to EC with Falc, as that would yield a greater amount of information than any alternative.

Glad to see everyone agrees with that. Even the spies, apparently. *frowns at Aedan*

Anyway, logically the ##EC goes to Falc
I am still unsure if I should include Falc and Randy or aedan and randy in the team

Kaiser, one of aedan and randy _must_ be a spy, as someone sabotaged last team and it can't be Falc unless Aedan is a spy too.

Either way, wait until Falc's response before proposing a team. I'd be more inclined to believe the simple explanation that Randakar is a spy but for some reason I don't like the sound of that post aedan made after deadline. Either way, if Falc says you're resistance, things would get much simpler I believe.

Either way, wait until Falc's response before proposing a team.

This.

I'd be more inclined to believe the simple explanation that Randakar is a spy but for some reason I don't like the sound of that post aedan made after deadline. Either way, if Falc says you're resistance, things would get much simpler I believe.

How is the "Aedan is a spy" a less simple explanation than "Randakar is a spy"? I mean, seriously. The odds are 50-50, from the perspective of somebody who has no outside knowledge.

Yes, the GM sent me a PM vouching for the fact that you are resistance

Well, good.

So if kai is a spy we know the entire spy team ;-)

I will reject all teams that contain aedan, of course, but a kai-falc combo with somebody else sounds reasonable. Preferably with me, of course. ;-)

Excellent. 2 cleared players even if you refuse to trust me. Any team proposal at this point needs them, and needs Randy off it. For the other members of the team, I'd say look at the people who rejected the sabotaged team.