• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
no parents, family, wives or other relations...

but seriously, high stewardship mainly for mayor, high learning for bishop if you want a court chaplain, but high stewardship for him as well. And of course same culture/religion as you.

Do you really care that much for bishops and mayors? These titles are not inherited, so you will get a random one anyway... I always use "create new vassal", unless there is a specific person I want to make a bishop. Being a reformed pagan however, the latter is not that useful any more...

High stewardship, same culture/religion as yourself good opinion of you, married for the mayor (slight boost of char).

However, in practice, I often pick as mayors people I want to give a good position in life (for instance unrecognized bastards, landless remote cousins, etc...) . More roleplay than technic.

Also, note that by picking someone as mayor or bishop, you make him available as general, mentor, advisor, etc... So, I tend to check in my realm for characters with good stats to "promote". You can, for instance, "steal" a good spymaster from a lowly vassal this way.

Also, note that by picking someone as mayor or bishop, you make him available as general, mentor, advisor, etc... So, I tend to check in my realm for characters with good stats to "promote". You can, for instance, "steal" a good spymaster from a lowly vassal this way.

You don't need to land your courtiers to use them as such, but you are right about stealing good ones from vassals :ninja: Good advice - I will try to use that too.