The Great Mage Edition is getting more items! *Updated 28/10*

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Update 2014-10-28 - Now all buyers of the Great Mage edition should also have the "Thrilling Trio" DLC added to their Steam libraries. You already had the content, but not the DLC which made double purchases possible //BjornB

Hi guys!
It's been a bit of a mess since we released Wrath of the Nagas. I have been angry at myself for not noticing beforehand how this re-packaging would stab our most loyal players in the back, and I've been looking for the reason I could make such an oversight. It turns out that the oversight was made during the actual release procedure (due to lack in communication).

Here is what should have happened Yesterday already, but for reasons we take full responsibility for, didn't. Not until today!
The 2 DLC packs called: Three Mighty Mages and Spectacular spell pack are now included in full in the Great Mage edition. You who own this package should now have this content in your Steam library without any additional charge.

This was, as I said, the intention from the start and we deeply apologize for all the confusion and our inability to quickly understand and solve the problem.

Thank you for your patience with us and for your tremendous support of our game and its developers.

Best Regards
Björn

Out of curiosity, wouldn't it also make sense to add the "The Thrilling Trio" into this update? I mean, it makes no difference effectively, since the 3 lords that are in that pack were in the Great Mage edition (at least, from what I can see, correct me if I'm wrong), but it would save owners of the Great Mage edition buying DLC that they actually already own by accident. I almost would've grabbed it, myself, if I didn't double check the lords from the Great Mage edition with those from that DLC pack.

Just a suggestion, I know this would likely take some administrative hassle to go through.

I am so glad to be proven wrong. Once again, I have been hard on you, but again, I will acknowledge when you do great and good things. Thank you, I am so glad you have apologized. That means so much to me. I just read this now, but so glad I purchased the expansion pack yesterday.

Thank you very much for showing that you care and for fixing this.
The last thing to politely ask you to fix is have the Trio pack show up in my list of DLC I own for my Great Mage version. The Trio pack currently does not show up as owned.

Thank you.

PS - I will be buying Wrath of the Naga and the Muddy pack once the Trio pack is fixed.

hmm, I bought the naga and the 2 dlcs this morning, I had all the previous dlcs on steam before.
so I may have payed twice for some content? (No biggy, I was indeed surprised not to see any new lords on the menu)
how can I know if the naga extention is up on my steam? My steam account says I have everything but when I restarted a game and did not see any new options. Is this normal?
Keep on the goos work.
Etienne

Last edited:
hmm, I bought the naga and the 2 dlcs this morning, I had all the previous dlcs on steam before.
so I may have payed twice for some content? (No biggy, I was indeed surprised not to see any new lords on the menu)
how can I know if the naga extention is up on my steam? My steam account says I have everything but when I restarted a game and did not see any new options. Is this normal?
Keep on the goos work.
Etienne

If you owned the Great Mage edition before, yes. The only DLC that is entirely new is the "The Good, The Bad, and The Muddy" pack.
"The Thrilling Trio" pack are all the lords that were included in the Great Mage edition (Frost, Leya and Halfall), while the 2 DLC packs that were now included for Great Mage owners ("Spectacular Spells" and "Three Mighty Mages") contained items that were in the Great Mage edition, but also contain new content that have not been part of it (e.g. Chief Justice in the Mighty Mages pack).

Just noticed that The Thrilling Trio DLC pack has been added to my library (as owner of the Great Mage edition)! Thank you, Ino-Co and Paradox! :)