• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
800px-The_Pitt_Haven.jpg

PROCLAMATION OF AN EMPIRE

Citizens of The Pitt, workers of Downtown, middle-caste of Middletown, traders of Uptown, and all fierce souls who do what must be done!​

I have spoken to great lengths over our duty, not only to the hierarchy of the Pitt, but to the Wastes as a whole - that duty of creating civilization anew without relying on the shackles of the Old World and the savagery of the New World. From the cesspool that the Pitt once was before the Scourge, the Pitt has grown tenfold and more as a light of which the Wastes can gaze upon. What we forge with our personal diligence and steel is not the likes of the Erie Stretch, what we foster is not the likes of Ronto, what we construct is not the likes of D.C. These things are merely upstart towns or regions, settlements united only by their place of habitation. No, the Pitt is greater, the Pitt is all-encompassing, the Pitt is truly a proper state - an Empire!

And know that we are not alone in this thinking. Others peer above their station and witness the concrete power the Pitt wields. That is why our land is frequented by emmissaries of late, servants of men with foresight and intelligence, men who know that the Pitt is where they belong, not to the past or the present, but the future of the Wastes! Today marks the beginning of the dawn of our Empire officially, as I have spoken with representatives from the Tower of Tenpenny and from Jones of Paradise Falls, who have sworn fealty to the Empire of the Pitt, and shall therefore bask in the harvest provided by our Pitt. I name myself Ashur, First of My Name, Lord of the Pitt, Champion of the Workers, and Paladin of the Scourge to be the Emperor of the Pitt.

In such position I recognize the Realms of Tenpenny and Eulogy Jones to be vassals of the Empire, and masters of their fiefdoms within the Capital Wastes. In return for their support in fueling the Pitt, they shall benefit from the steel wonders and infrastructure marvels of the Pitt from hence forward. Let all know the benevolence and benefits the Pitt extends to its allies as we endeavour to bind our realms with the might of steel links.

Name: Black Talon - Real Name Unknown
Faction: Talon Company
Background: Black Talon was at one time a simple mercenary who both happened to be good with a firearm and also ambitious. He sought out the most difficult and high paying jobs in order to finance his own dark goals. Winning the trust of many inside the Talon Co, he began a smear campaign on the former leader Jabsco which led to the nickname Jettison Jabsco. He also stole a water caravan from the Brotherhood of Steel leading to a massive battle at Fort Bannister from which Jabsco barely survived. In the 3 years since that event many have noticed a change in the man, becoming less connected to folks and caring only for the mission...

That is until his plan finally took hold and he killed Jabsco with Occam's Razor, claiming the Razor and control of Talon Company for his own ambitious needs.

The Journal of George Amenth
December 12th, 2280

At the start of November, shortly after Lord Ashur made me a general, it occurred to me that the Pitt was severely lacking in something, something that Ronto had figured out decades ago. That is, we had no middle class, just slaves doing unskilled tasks, and thugs keeping them in line. We were very clearly in need of people to think, people to build new machines and just generally have a few novel ideas every now and again. After all, putting all of the pressure to be ambitious just on Ashur and myself hardly seemed fair.

“This is a bad idea George, you need to think this out more.”

“It’s dangerous, Gagnon, maybe, I’m not even sure of that really, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s a bad idea.” I laid my knife down on the map to stop it from rolling back up.

“No, it’s really just a bad idea. Whatever the chances of success, you just made General.” He placed the tip of his knife on the map, clearly pointing to the Pitt, as if to show me where it was I belonged. “This isn’t like when we were just raiding the countryside, you can’t run off whenever the mood strikes. You’ve got new men under your command and Lord Ashur wants something of a professional army, the other lieutenants will start to plot as soon as you leave.”

“They can certainly try, but it won’t go well for them if they do. As for Lord Ashur, he’ll have a professional army, my men follow me already, they know well enough not to try anything, and I’ll be giving him much by going here than sitting around playing general.” I took Gagnon’s knife from him and pointed to a city a little over one hundred miles away known as State College. “This city had a university, back in its day, just like Haven used to be a part of. Remember those flash grenades we used to take Hunt? Well, most of them came from here, and this place doesn’t have an armory or anything of the sort, which makes me think that someone there actually knows how to build things. Seems like the sort of person we need around this city, don’t you think?”

“I suppose so George, but that doesn’t make the trip safer. A hundred miles, through wilderness and ghoul infested ruins, how many soldiers will you take?” Gagnon took his knife and returned it to his belt.

“I’m not taking any.” I rolled up the map and put it in my pack along with a supply of food, clean drinking water, and bullets. “Other than you and our friends from back during our raiding days of course. They’ll appreciate a little trip to get out of this city, after being here as long as we have.”

In one of the many abandoned parking lots of Uptown my motely band was assembled, checking over their things. Gagnon carried his shotgun, as always when there might be danger, and wore a leather duster and a pack that seemed like it would overflow if he leaned too much to one side. To his right Mel sat on a piece of rubble, lazily twirling a revolver in each hand, with a decidedly lighter pack on the ground in front of her. Jefferson waited quietly, a laser rifle slung over his shoulder and a cross around his neck. Samson was, naturally, the most impatient, wiping down his assault rifle and sawn off repeatedly.

“Where we going, General.” Mel nearly laughed as she said the word, which was honestly fine with me, one because I didn’t think much of the title either, and two because she actually was quite attractive when she was happy. It occurred to me that she was the only member of our little group who closer to my age than that of my father.

“To find us someone with brains so that we can get this damned city on track, maybe start purifying the water or something. Anyway, there are folks in State College that fit the bill as far as I can tell, so we’re going there to start.” I shrugged as we started walking to leave the city.

“And it’s just the five of us? Isn’t that near half way to The Institute?” Mel watched me for a moment before holstering her guns and following along.

“Not quite, but the four of you are the ones I trust, and it’s better to travel as a small party than a war party.” I turned to look at Samson. “You’ve got the collars if they don’t want to come along willingly, right Sammy?”

He frowned, presumably at the name because I know he doesn’t have any problems with slaving, but nodded. “As many as I could get, yeah.”

I smiled a little, seeing the Brotherhood remade and bound for the road like we had so many times years ago. “Time to go then.” With that, we began our long trek out of the city.

“So how on earth is this going to go? You just going to ask them nicely to come back to the Pitt with us for starters?” Samson asked.

“I imagine it will go pretty easy.” I said as we closed in on State College after nearly a week of travel, our whole band a few bullets lighter and a touch dirtier, but mostly unscathed. “I’ll tell them we’re from the Pitt with a job opportunity, if they don’t like the proposition, then I’ll introduce them to the lovely pieces of jewelry you’re lugging around.”

We walked into the city’s main street to find things in surprisingly good shape. Sure the roads were cracked in places, and some windows were broken, but it seemed more like centuries of wear and tear more than nuclear holocaust, which to me was a nice change of pace from the Pitt.

“Fair enough, now, do you know where we can actually find these people? It could take a while if we have to search through every basement and attic in the whole town.” Jefferson had unslung his laser rifle nearly two miles outside the city and had been carrying it ever since, looking like a frightened rabbit.

“You see that stadium there, past the orchard? That’s where our men said they got the grenades, so I’m going to say we head there.” The stadium wasn’t too far from where we were standing, but even from there it seemed massive, though I’d seen a bigger one during my times in Michigan.

Mel laughed. “Ah, so that’s why Lord Ashur made you a general, you’re some kinda genius.” If Samson had been the one to say that I probably would have shot him, since it was Mel I just laughed as well.

“Of course it i-“

Before I could finish a bullet whizzed past my head and kicked up gravel a few feet away while I dove for cover along with the rest of my companions. The sharp sound of gunfire was quickly met by the sound of lasers as Jefferson began returning fire before I could pull my gun from my shoulder.

Once my rifle was finally in my hand I popped my head up from the car that was giving me cover and analyzed the building before me. The whitewashed brick front was immaculate, something that is quite rare now a days in such a small town mind you, but more to the point, there were at least fifty windows on the front of the building and our attacker or attackers could have been firing from any, or all, of them. It only took a moment for me to catch sight of the barrel of a rifle and fire into the window, quickly followed by a scream from that direction.

“Do you think maybe they heard what we had in mind?” I smirked as I slouched back down and called out to my comrades as Samson prepared a dose of psycho.

“Who’s to say?” Gagnon peeked around the corner of the alley he was hiding in, then brought his shotgun up, aimed, and fired at the building in front of us. “I doubt it though, more likely just scared of a bunch of armed folks coming into their town.”

I looked up and fired off another quick shot from my rifle at the windows. One of the guns that had been shooting at us fell inside. With that I took my chance and stepped out from cover, holding my gun out to the side. “Hold fire! We didn’t come to fight!” Thankfully, the sound of gunfire came to an end.

“What’re ya here for then?” A voice shouted from the building.

“You’re the ones who sold some grenades a few months ago? To soldiers from the Pitt?” I planted the butt of my rifle to the ground and leaned against it, doing my best to look confident. To be fair, it wasn’t so hard as when I had first come out because at this point I was fairly sure the rest of my party all had someone in their sites if things looked like they would go poorly.

“Yeah, that was us, what of it?” The same voice, likely that of an older man, responded.

“Wonderful, then I’m here to offer you a job!” I slung my rifle over my shoulder and began walking to the building. “Let’s talk this out like civilized people, eh?”

With that, a man with white hair appeared in the third story center window. “Hold it now. What do ya mean, a job? We don’t need jobs, we got a life here.”

I shrugged and leaned against the hood of a car as I stared up at him, close enough that he’d have to lean out the window to see me, giving Jefferson a perfect shot. “Perhaps you do, perhaps you do. I’m George Amenth, formerly of Ronto, currently General of the Pitt. Who exactly is it I’m speaking with.”

“You can call me Holt, boy, now get on with what you want to say. I don’t want your kind in my town.” Despite his words, the old man proved trusting enough to stick his head out of the window so that we could see each other.

“As I said, I want to offer you a job. You and your people come back to the Pitt with us, and in exchange we take care of you. You don’t have to have your own people dying to defend yourselves like what happened today…sorry about that by the way, but you fired on us first. In exchange, all you need to do is help our little city run a bit better. You might imagine that slaves don’t quite grasp the intricacies of improving a steel plant’s yield and getting crops to grow in irradiated soil. You folk seem smart though, and I expect that you do grasp such things.”

Holt paused for a second, his brow crinkling in thought. “And what stops us from becoming your slaves once we get there, once we’re totally at your mercy.”

“My word?” I laughed as the old man began to frown. “Not good enough for you, eh? Maybe the simple fact that Lord Ashur doesn’t want more slaves. He wants to give his people freedom once his city can begin to support itself, you and yours would be the first step in that. It’s a good deal, better than most get.”

The old man stood there for a long time before motioning for us to come to the building. “All of you come in then. You can help bury the men you killed while I consider things. I don’t get an offer like this every day.”

Despite what many might think, burying a body isn’t so bad, and the fresh fruit from the orchard that we had for dinner more than made up for it. Gagnon, Mel, Jefferson, Samson, and I, along with seventy other people ranging from babies to the surprisingly elderly (not many chances to get old out in the wasteland) began the trip back to the Pitt the next morning.

Last edited:
((What? Is the Pitt invading Union of the Temple or something?))

Republic of Dave welcomes inclusion of another sentient beings into the DC Council. We would however appreciate if you could take over and move regular deathclaws from Old Olney to safe area of your choice. It would improve the security situation of our republic and you would increase your numbers, isn't that a win win.

Sincerely president Dave.

((What? Is the Pitt invading Union of the Temple or something?))

((lol no he is doing an ic based on last turn pitt actions...is very clear))

((lol no he is doing an ic based on last turn pitt actions...is very clear))
((Yeah, I thought that too, but he originally had the name holmes in there for the white-haired leader.))

Name : Shlomo Sauer
Faction : The Pitt
Biology : One of the new arrivals,Shlomo is a engineer.His ancestors came from Europe after the war (1940-45) and retained their culture untill now.His father was a rabbi, and Shlomo is quite the religious man.
((Switching to the Pitt.))

Last edited:
Technocracy of Massachusetts Foundation Constitution

Rk234Ic.jpg

We, the representatives of the people of the Massachusetts Institute of technology and science, gathered in General Constituent Assembly by the will and election of the college’s delegates which compose it, in fulfillment of pre-existing pacts, in order to form a national union, guarantee justice, secure domestic peace, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty and safety to ourselves, to our posterity, and to all men of the world who wish to dwell on Technocratic soil: invoking the protection of Human knowledge, source of all reason and justice: do ordain, decree, and establish this Constitution for the Technocracy of Massachusetts.

FIRST PART

First Chapter

Declarations, Rights and Guarantees

Section 1: The People of the Massachusetts Commonwealth adopts the Technocratic form of government, as this Constitution establishes.

Section 2.- The Technocratic Nation support no o
fficial state religion

Section 3.- The authorities in charge of the Technocratic Government shall reside in the city to be declared Capital of the Technocracy of Massachusetts.

Section 4: The Federal Government provides for the expenditures of the Nation with the funds of the National Treasury, composed of the proceeds of export and import duties, the sale or lease of lands owned by the Nation, the revenues of the Posts, other taxes equitably and proportionally levied on the population by the National Congress, and of whatever loans and credit transactions Congress may order in case of national emergencies or for enterprises of national interest.

Section 5.- each administrative division shall be able to elect representative to the Council of Knowledge, provided they meet all requirements for such post.

Section 6.- The Technocratic Government may intervene in the territory of the Administrative divisions in order to guarantee the continuing safety of its inhabitants or re establish unity and order.

Section 7: The public acts and judicial proceedings of one province are worthy of full faith in the others; and Congress may, by general laws, prescribe the manner in which such acts and proceedings shall be proved and the legal effects thereof.

Section 8: The citizens of each administrative division shall be entitled to all rights, privileges, and immunities inherent to the level of their citizenship.

Section 9: Throughout the territory of the Technocracy there shall be no other Customs than the national ones, in which the tariffs enacted by Council of Knowledge shall be in force.

Section 10: The circulation of goods of national production or manufacture is free from duties throughout the Technocracy, as well as the circulation of articles and merchandise of all kinds cleared in the national Customs.

Section 11: Goods of national or foreign production or manufacture, as well as livestock of all kinds, that may pass through the territory of one or more administrative division to another, shall be free from the so called transit duties, the same as the carriages, vessels or beasts in or on which they are transported; and no other duty, whatever its name may be, shall be imposed on them by reason of their passing through the territory.

Section 12: Vessels sailing from one Administrative division to another shall not be bound to enter, anchor, or pay transit duties; and no preference shall be granted in any case to any port in respect of another, by means of trading laws or regulations.

Section 13: New Administrative divisions may be admitted into the Nation at any time with authorization of the dean council.

Section 14: All the inhabitants of the Nation are entitled to the following rights, in accordance with the laws that regulate their exercise, namely: to work and perform any lawful industry; to navigate and trade; to petition the authorities; to enter, remain in, travel through, and leave the Technocratic territory; to publish their ideas through the press without censorship, unless determined to be divisive ideas and a threat to national security; to make use and dispose of their property; to associate for useful purposes; to profess freely their religion; to teach and to learn.

Section 15: In the Technocratic State there are no slaves: the few who still exist shall become free as from the swearing of his Constitution; and a special law shall regulate whatever compensation this declaration may give rise to. Any contract for the purchase and sale of persons is a crime for which the parties shall be liable, as well as the notary or officer authorizing it. And slaves who by any means enter the nation shall be free by the mere fact of entering the territory of the Technocracy.

Section 16: The Technocratic Nation admits neither blood nor birth prerogatives: there are neither personal privileges nor titles of nobility. All its inhabitants are equal before the law regulating their citizenship level, and admissible to employment without any other requirement than their ability.

Section 17: Property may not be violated, and no inhabitant of the Nation can be deprived of it except by virtue of a sentence based on law. Expropriation for reasons of public interest and security must be authorized by law and previously compensated as determined by the authorities. Only the Council of Knowledge levies the taxes mentioned in Section 4. No personal service can be requested except by virtue of a law or sentence based on law. Every author or inventor share its ownership with the Technocracy itself and is part of the profits generated by it for the term granted by law. Unlawful confiscation of property is hereby abolished forever from the Technocracy territories, except in cases authorized by the law, criminal activities or requisition on national emergency.

Section 18: No inhabitant of the Nation may be punished without previous trial based on a law enacted before the act that gives rise to the process, nor tried by special committees, nor removed from the judges appointed by law before the act for which he is tried.

Section 19: The private actions of men which in no way offend public order or morality, nor injure a third party, are not to be prosecuted unless stated by law.

Section 20: Foreigners enjoy within the territory of the Nation all the civil rights afforded to them as guest,they may exercise trade and profession in accordance to regulations and laws of the nation.

Section 21: Every Technocratic citizen is obliged to bear arms in defense of the fatherland and of this Constitution.

Section 22: The people neither deliberate nor govern except through their representatives and authorities established by this Constitution. Any armed force or meeting of persons assuming the rights of the people and petitioning in their name, commits the crime of sedition unless its a government accredited and authorized armed organization or movement.

Section 23: In the event of domestic disorder or foreign attack endangering the full enforcement of this Constitution and of the authorities hereby established, the administrative division or territory which is in a turmoil shall be declared in state of siege and the constitutional guarantees shall be suspended therein. During such of suspension the Head Dean of the Grand Dean’s Council shall be obligated to take necessary measures to bring the culprits to justice and restore order.

Section 24: The council shall promote the continuous improvement of this document as men of science are bound to do with anything

Section 25: The Technocratic shall foster the integration and immigration of the people of the wastes to our nation. The technocratic government will accept any new member who arrive for the purpose of tilling the soil, improving industries, and introducing and teaching arts and sciences and is not suspected to be a threat to unity and order.

Section 26: The Technocratic Government is under the obligation to strengthen its relationships of peace and trade with foreign establishment provided is in the best interest of the Technocracy population..

Section 27: The Constitution may be totally or partially amended. The necessity of reform must be declared by the Council of Knowledge with the vote of at least two-thirds of the members; but it shall not be carried out except by an Assembly summoned to that effect. Any Total amendment shall be put to plebiscitum in non-binding measure of acceptance and only put in effect if authorized by the Grand council.

Section 28: This Constitution, the laws of the Nation enacted by the Council in pursuance thereof, and treaties with foreign powers, are the supreme law of the Nation; and the authorities of each Administrative division are bound thereby.,
Section 29: The Council of Knowledge and the Grand Council are in all rights to establish law to limit freedom in publishing printing when material is deem contrary to the state and a threat to the country.

Section 30: The declarations, rights and guarantees which the Constitution enumerates shall not be construed as a denial of other rights and guarantees not enumerated, but rising from the principle of human Knowledge, Scientific fact, order and happiness of the people and the from the Technocracy form of government.

Second Chapter

New Rights and Guarantees

Section 31: This Constitution shall rule even when its observance is interrupted by acts of force against the institutional order and the Technocratic system. These acts shall be irreparably null. Their authors shall be punished with the penalty foreseen in Section 29, disqualified in perpetuity from holding public offices and excluded from the benefits of pardon and commutation of sentences. Those who, as a consequence of these acts, were to assume the powers foreseen for the authorities of this Constitution or for those of the administratives divisions, shall be punished with the same penalties and shall be civil and criminally liable for their acts. The respective actions shall not be subject to prescription.

Section 32: This Constitution guarantees the full exercise of political rights within the assigned citizenship level to be agreed and decided by the Grand Dean’s Council and later the Council of Knowledge for modifications.

Section 33 :All inhabitants are entitled to the right to a healthy and balanced environment fit for human development in order that productive activities shall meet present needs without endangering those of future generations; and shall have the duty to preserve it. As a first priority, environmental damage shall bring about the obligation to repair it according to law. The authorities shall provide for the protection of this right, the rational use of natural resources, the preservation of the natural and cultural heritage and of the biological diversity, and shall also provide for environmental information and education.

SECOND PART

AUTHORITIES OF THE NATION

First Title - Technocratic Government

First Division -Legislative Power

Section 34: The Legislative Power of the Nation shall be vested in the Council of Knowledge.

First Chapter

Council of Knowledge

Section 35: The Council shall be composed of representatives from the Administrative Divisions and the capital city, Each representative being from each individual collage.

Section 36: In order to be elected Council member the following conditions are required: to have attained full citizenship(if naturalized) or has been born into it, to have been selected as the best representative of your collage from the administrative division.

Section 37: Council members shall hold office for a term of six years and may be indefinitely re-elected; with half of the members renewed every three years.

Section 38: The Vice-Dean of the Grand Dean’s council shall be in charge of the Council of Knowledge; but he shall have no vote unless in case of equality of votes.

Section 39: If no member of an administrative division is found to be on the qualities necessary for a council member position it will be fulfilled by a selected member from the Capital region, whom will act at behest of the Administrative division assigned to them.

Section 40: In case of foreign attack, the Council of knowledge is empowered to advise the the Head Dean to declare in, a state of siege one or several places of the Technocracy and to allow to grant extensive and above the normal regulation power deem necessary.

Section 41: When any vacancy occurs in the Council because of death, resignation or other cause, the administrative division to which the vacancy belongs shall immediately call an election for a new member.

Second Chapter

Provisions applicable to the Council of Knowledge

Section 42: Council members, on assuming office, shall take an oath to duly perform their duties and to act in all matters in accordance with the provisions herein established. Failure to do so, can be considered treason to the state and the Grand Dean’s Council.

Section 43: No member of Congress shall be accused, judicially examined, or disturbed for opinions expressed or speeches delivered by him while holding office as legislator, unless declared so by a decision of the GDC.

Section 44: The senators and deputies shall receive a remuneration for their services, to be ascertained by law, and paid out of the Treasury of the Nation.

Third Chapter

Powers of the Council of
Knowledge

Section 45: The Council of Knowledge is empowered:

1. To legislate about national Customs. To lay import and export duties that shall be uniform throughout the Nation as well as the valuations on which they are assessed.

2. To levy direct taxes for a specified term and proportionally equal throughout the national territory, provided that the defense, common security and general welfare of the State so require it.

3. To decide about the use of national lands.

4. To establish and regulate a Technocratic Bank with power to issue money, as well as other national banks.

5. To fix annually, according to the standards laid down in the third paragraph of subsection 2 of this Section, the general budget of expenses and the estimate of resources of the National Administration, based on the general program of the government and on the public investment plan, and to approve or reject the investment account.

6. To grant subsidies from the National Treasury to those Administratives divisions whom need support, according to their budgets, do not cover their ordinary expenses.

7. To coin money, to regulate the value thereof and that of foreign currency; and to adopt a uniform standard of weights and measures for the whole Nation.

8. To enact the Civil, Commercial, Criminal, Mining, Labor and Social Security Codes, in unified bodies, and their enforcement shall correspond to the Technocratic courts depending on the respective jurisdictions for persons or things; and particularly to enact general laws of naturalization and nationality for the whole nation, based on the principle of nationality by birth or by option for the benefit of the Technocracy\

9. To regulate trade with foreign nations, and of the provinces among themselves.

10. To regulate and establish the general post offices of the Nation.

11. To settle definitely the boundaries of the national territory, to fix those of the provinces, to create new ones, and to determine, by special legislation, the organization, administration and government that the national territories outside the boundaries assigned to the provinces are to have.

12. To provide for the security of the frontiers.

13. To provide for the prosperity of the country, for the advance and welfare of all the provinces, and for the progress of education, drawing up general and university educational plans, and promoting industry, immigration, the re-construction of transportation methods and way and navigable canals, the colonization of government- owned lands, the introduction and establishment of new industries,

14. To establish courts inferior to the Supreme Court; to create and suppress employments, to fix the duties thereof, to grant pensions, to decree honors and to grant general amnesties.

15. To advise the GDC to declare war or make peace.

16. To establish the Armed Forces in times of peace and war; and to make rules for their organization and government.

17. To declare in state of siege one or several parts of the Nation in case of domestic commotion, and to advise the GDC to approve or suspend the state of siege declared by the Executive Power during a recess of Congress.

18. To make all appropriate laws and rules to put into effect the aforementioned powers, and all other powers granted by this Constitution to the Government of the Technocracy.

Fourth Chapter

Of the making and enactment of laws

Section 46: Laws shall originate in either Council of Knowledge, through bills introduced by their members or by the Grand Dean’s Council.

Section 47: When a bill is passed by the Council of Knowledge it is sent to the GDC for its debate. Once approved by it, it is sent to the Head dean for a las examination and approval.

Section 48: If a bill is totally or partially rejected by the Grand Dean’s Council or the Head Dean, it shall return with the objections to the originating Council; the latter shall reconsider it and if it is confirmed by a majority of two-thirds of the votes, it shall be sent again to the revising and approval.

Fifth Chapter

Of the General Auditing Office of the Nation

Section 49: The Grand Dean’s Council is exclusively empowered to exercise the external control of the national civil service as regards its estates and its economic, financial and operative aspects. The revision and opinion of the Council of Knowledge about the performance and the general situation of the national civil service are to be based on the reports of the General Auditing Office of the Nation. This technical advisory body of the Council with functional autonomy, shall be made up as established by the law regulating its creation and operation, which shall be approved by the absolute majority of the members of each Council. The chairman of the body shall be appointed under the proposal and testing of the Human Science College and the Economics collage. It shall be in charge of the control of the legal aspects, management and auditing of all the activities of the centralized and decentralized civil service, whatever its forms of organization may be, as well as of other powers granted by law.

Second Division - Grand Dean’s Council

First Chapter

Its nature and duration

Section 50: The GDC shall be formed by the head deans of each of the Collages that conform the nation. The GDC then will vested its power into a citizen from themselves with the title of "Head Dean of Technocracy of Massachusetts".

Section 51: In case of illness, absence from the Capital City, death, resignation, or removal of the Head Dead office, the GDC Power shall devolve upon the Vice-Dean of the Technocracy. In case of removal, death, resignation, or inability of the Head and Vice dean, The Council of knowledge will help the GDC upon decision to select new head dean and vice dean.

Section 52: To be elected Head Dean or Vice Dean of the Technocracy it is necessary to be a full citizen of the Technocracy, to hold the position of Dean in a Collage and to be the majority winner of the vote of the GDC.

Section 53: The office of Head Dean and Vice dean is hold for a totality of 8 years; No limits to re elections for both of the positions is in existence.

Section 54: On assuming office, the Head Dean and Vice Dean shall take oath before vote Councils assemblies , respecting their beliefs, to: "perform with clear mind, loyalty and scientific approach the Technocracy and the safeguarding of human development and knowledge

Second Chapter

Of the procedure and time of the election of the Deans of each collage

Section 55: Each dean candidate will have its work, life , experience and score on the Dean test analyzed to decide the top ten candidates for the position. Once the candidates are selected the members of the collage will be allowed to vote with graduates holding 30% weight, current student current students 35% weight and faculty an personal 35% weight of vote.

Section 56: The dean position will be held for the duration of five years. once term is finished a new Election is called, no limits to reelection.

Third Chapter

Powers of the Grand Dean’s Council

Section 57: The GDC has the following powers:

1. The HD is the supreme head of the Technocracy and in conjunction with the GDC, head of the government and he is politically responsible for the general administration of the country.

2. the HD issues the instructions and rules necessary for the enforcement of the laws of the nation, without altering their spirit with regulatory exceptions. meanwhile the GDC put them in effect i n their respective domains.

3. The HD takes part in the making of laws according to the Constitution, promulgates them and has them published. the Head dean may when authorized by the GDC issue decrees on grounds of necessity and urgency, that may go over established laws and the Council of Knowledge.

4. The head dean advised by the dean of law school appoints the justices of the Supreme Court with the consent of the Council of knowledge by two-thirds of its members present, in a public meeting convoked to this effect.

5. the HD and the GDC may grant pardons or commute punishments for crimes unless disagreement occurs between the two parties.

6. The HD may grant pensions, retirements, leaves of absence, and widowed pensions according to the laws of the Nation.

7. the HD appoints and removes ambassadors, ministers plenipotentiary and commercial attaches, the Chief of the Ministerial Cabinet and the Ministers, the officers of his Secretariat, consular agents, and other employees whose appointments are not otherwise regulated by this Constitution.

8. The HD extends the ordinary legislative session of the Council of knowledge, or convened to an extraordinary one when some serious order or progress interest so requires it.

9. The HD oversees the performance of the duties of the Chief of the Ministerial Cabinet as regards the collection of the revenues of the Nation, and their investment according to the law or budget of national expenditures.

10. the HD concludes and signs treaties, concordats and other agreements required for the maintenance of good relations with international organizations and foreign powers, he receives their ministers and admits their consuls. Treaties must then be approved by the GDC.

11. The HD is commander-in-chief of all the Armed Forces of the Nation, including militias and any other form of combatants.

12. The HD provides for the military posts of the Nation: with the consent of the GDCe, he grants posts or ranks for the higher officers of the Armed Forces; and on his own account, he has the same faculties in the battlefield.

13. The HD has the control of the Armed Forces and is in charge of their organization and distribution, according to the needs of the Nation.

14. the HD declares war and orders reprisals with the consent and approval of GDC. after which non-binding consultation would be seeked with the Council of Knowledge.

15. In the event of foreign attack, the HD declares, with the consent of the GDCe, one or more places of the Nation in state of siege for a limited period. In the event of domestic disorder same applies, but consultation with the Council of knowledge is required and one third of support from their member needed.

16.The HD may leave the territory of the Technocracy with the consent of GDC and the Council of Knowledge. During the recess of the latter, he may only do so without permission on justified grounds of public interest.

Third Division - The Judicial Power

First Chapter

Its nature and duration

Section 58: The Judicial Power of the Nation shall be vested in a Supreme Court and in such lower courts as the Council may constitute in the territory of the Nation.

Section 59: The Justices of the Supreme Court and the judges of the lower courts of the Nation shall hold their offices during good behavior, and shall receive for their services a remuneration to be ascertained by law and which shall not be diminished in any way while holding office.

Section 60: To be a member of the Supreme Court it is necessary to be a graduate of the college of law, have a successful record record, and being successful on examination to achieve top twenty status for all that apply and be a full citizen.

Section 61: On occasion of the first installation of the Supreme Court, the persons designated shall take an oath before the Head Dean, to perform their duties, to administer justice in a proper and faithful manner, and in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution. In the future, they shall take the oath before the Chief Justice of the Court.

Section 62: The Supreme Court shall issue its own internal regulations, and appoint its subordinate employees.

Section 63: The Council of Magistracy, ruled by a special law enacted by the absolute majority of all the members of each Council, shall be in charge of the selection of the judges and of the administration of the Judicial Power.

Second Chapter

Powers of the Judiciary

Section 64: The Supreme Court and the lower courts of the Nation are empowered to hear and decide all cases arising under the Constitution and the laws of the Nation, with the exception made in Section 75, subsection 12, and under the treaties made with foreign nations; all cases concerning ambassadors, public ministers and foreign consuls; cases related to admiralty and maritime jurisdiction; matters in which the Technocracy shall be a party; actions arising between two or more administrative divisions.

Section 65: In the aforementioned cases the Supreme Court shall have appellate jurisdiction, with such regulations and exceptions as GDC may prescribe; but in all matters concerning foreign ambassadors, ministers and consuls, and in those in which a province shall be a party, the Court shall have original and exclusive jurisdiction.

Section 66: The trial of all ordinary criminal cases shall be decided by a judge assigned to the area and level, unless determined national security issue.

Section 67: Treason against the Nation as determined by the Head dean and the GDC shall be judged by a especial division of the ministry of justice whom is independent of the supreme court.

Fourth Division: The Public Ministry

Section 68: The Public Ministry is an independent body with functional autonomy and financial autarky, with the function of promoting the participation of justice for the defense of the legal character of the general interests of society, in coordination with the other authorities of the Technocracy. It is composed of an Attorney General of the Nation and a General Defender of the Nation.

Second Title- Administrative Divisions Governments

Section 69: The administrative Division institution will be branches of the national institution operating in the A.division. Administrative division governors will be selected from the best possible choice from the local citizenship or provided by the capital, if no candidate is possible.

Section 70: Each province will follow the national constitution and laws with no exception.

Section 71: The provinces are empowered to set up regions for the economic and social development and to establish entities for the fulfillment of their purposes.

Section 72: The provinces do not exercise the power delegated to the Nation. Provinces shall in no case enter into any partial treaty of political nature; enact laws dealing with commerce, inland or foreign navigation; establish provincial Customs; coin money; establish banks with power to issue money without authorization from the Technocratic Government; enact civil, commercial, criminal, or mining codes after Council of knowledge had enacted them; enact special laws regarding citizenship and naturalization, bankruptcy, counterfeiting of currency or State documents; lay any duty on tonnage; raise armies, except in the event of foreign invasion or in such imminent danger that shall not admit a delay, notifying immediately to the Technocratic government; appoint or receive foreign agents.

Section 73: No administrative division shall declare or make war against another . Their claims must be submitted to the Supreme Court and settled by it. Their de facto hostilities are acts of civil war, considered as sedition or mutiny, which the Technocracy government will suppress and punish in accordance with the law.

Section 74: The governors of the provinces are the natural agents of the technocratic government for the enforcement of the Constitution,the laws of the Nation, and the maintaining of order and stability.

Any power or issue not covered is to be understood to be addressed when the times come for it and the situation reveals itself by the competent powers

Last edited:
Calvert_brain.jpg
Name: Professor Calvert, The Transcedent One, or the Brain
Faction: The Chesapeake Bay
Background: Professor Calvert was once a brilliant scientist American government scientist who was specialized and acclaimed expert in the field of cognitive robotics. He survived the war by extracting his brain and preserving within an laboratory under the Point Lookout Lighthouse. Previously frustrated by the tribals' interpretations of his orders as divine messages, he has now decided to embrace his perceived divinity in order to more effectively enforce his dominion over the world.

((Whatever you do, don't call him The Brain. I'll immediately think of this:
brain5.gif
:laugh:))

BoS_flag.png

Death of Elder Lyons
Nearing the end of October Elder Owyn Lyons, frail and weak at the age of seventy-eight, would fall ill. Although thought, and hoped, to be only a bout of flu that would quickly pass it turned out instead to be far worse and by mid November he had become so weak that he was confined to bed by the Brotherhood's scribes, his duties being temporarily taken over by Head Scribe Rothchild. With the worst feared Rothchild would send for all senior members of the Brotherhood of Steel with the Elder's daughter, Sarah Lyons, being the first to arrive. For the next two weeks Elder Lyons would meet with each of those who had come separately and then finally altogether where he would ask them to continue his work after his pass and plead with them that although his work towards bettering those outside of the Brotherhood has been frowned upon that they consider giving aid where it is necessary. After everyone had acknowledged his words they would leave slowly one by one with the exception of his daughter who would stay with him until his passing later that night.

320px-Elder_Lyons.jpg

Elder Owyn Lyons (2202-2280)
In the immediate aftermath it was decided that although Sentinel Sarah Lyons was the most senior individual that she was too emotionally compromised to hold the leadership role at the moment and thus Head Scribe Rothchild continued to exercise the duties of the Elder. Eventually however the issue had to be decided and so in early December Head Scribe Rothchild, Sentinel Lyons, Star Paladin Cross, the Senior Scribes, Knight Captains and Paladins gathered to decide upon the matter. Almost immediately two factions would form: one supporting Rothchild to succeed as Elder and another supporting Lyons to succeed. The former would argue that electing Sentinel Lyons would be akin to bringing about an hereditary succession to the position whilst the latter would argue that she was the most senior and experienced individual to lead. However Rothchild and Lyons, who had both been quiet on the matter and had been seen discussing something between themselves, would propose another solution: the naming of Arthur Maxson, last known surviving descendant of John Maxson, as High Elder and the subsequent re-formation of an Elder Council, with Rothchild and Lyons both serving on it with a number of other individuals. Although some were reluctant to go with the idea the vast majority assemble ruled in favor and so minutes later the young Arthur Maxson, who was only thirteen, was brought before the assembled body who acknowledged him as High Elder and in return asked him to pledge his service to the Brotherhood. Taken aback by such a development Arthur would stand dead still for a moment before stuttering, "I-I do p-pledge myself to th...the Brotherhood." Afterwards he was escorted to his new chambers and the assembled body then elected the four other members of the Elder Council: Star Paladin Cross, Knight Captain Colvin, Paladin Bael and finally Scribe Bowditch. They along with Rothchild and Lyons were then in a short ceremony elevated to the positions of Elder and inducted into the new council. The new developments were announced in the next week throughout the Brotherhood's bases and was met with a general positive attitude at what many perceived as a democratic element with regards to the Elder Council. The reality however was far different, Elder Rothchild had a tight grip on the bureaucratic structure and Elder Lyons likewise over the military forces and together they effectively ruled the Brotherhood of Steel in High Elder Maxson V's name.

r5ue7x4.png

Elder Rothchild(left) and Elder Lyons(right)
If anything was certain, it was that times were changing for the Brotherhood of Steel, and whether they were good or bad remains to be seen.

Last edited:
A look at the politics of Hopkins

While many outsiders look upon Hopkins as strange and often savage, the citizens of Hopkins believes themselves to be more enlightened than most of the outsiders. However rather than isolate themselves, Hopkins are trying to spread knowledge and teachings to the wastelands, so that the New Dark Age may be overcome, and an era of cooperation and progress can be reached.

In many ways Hopkins can be considered a socialistic society, where the young is raised not only by the mother, but by the entire community, and where any woman or non-breeder male have access to free education, free library access and free health care. There is almost nothing privately owned within the settlement, instead everything is owned by society. The citizens work within this system and in return they are provided with all necessities and have access to all benefits. The young, old or those unable to work are provided for too, since these too are of value to the society.

Criminals or those able to, yet unwilling to work risk banishment. For minor crimes or unwillingness to work some warnings will be given first, but serious crimes, such as murder or destruction of property or resources, are punished by banishment without warning.

There are 3 social classes within Hopkins.

The first and often considered the highest social class are the women. Often these will live with a non-breeder or another woman within family units, in monogamous relationship (with the breeder males simply as temporary companions to provide the materials to create children).

The second social class are the non-breeder males. These underwent treatment in order to ensure an inability to impregnate and to ensure that they are driven by interests, rather than lust. These have access to all the same rights as the females, and some live in family units together with women or in larger communes with other non-breeder males. Almost all who undergo the treatment do so voluntarily before or during puberty.

The third social class is the minority of breeder-males. They live together in compounds specifically for men, and they too work, though within these compounds and their education is focused on the skills necessary for these jobs only. They are also expected to service the women when needed, and in truth many of the breeder males enjoy the much attention, driven by their animalistic urges for pro-creation.

Lord Tenpenny sends this letter to the good lord Ashur of the Pitt,

I hope this letter finds you in good faith. I am deeply sick at this time, and I fear I may not be long for this world, I however will of course uphold my bargain and I confirm my fealty to the empire of the pitt. May the steel ride to the Tower from your lovely steelmills!

-Allistair Tenpenny

A letter has arrived~

This short paper that has been only recently published has been stirring up the Wasteland greatly. It talks about the Supermutant's leader, Facade, and his origins within the Capital Wasteland. My only advice is to take the paper with a grain of salt; People are divided on if this paper is really telling the truth or not.

Uncovering the Facade
By Jimmy Stan

I am what you all would considered unbelievably lucky. It took a lot of luck to live inside the DC stronghold of the Supermutants. I won't go into too much detail about how, but let's just say there were a lot of gore bags to go around.

I came into the DC stronghold due to being one of those who were captured when the Supermutants caught one of the Pitt's caravans. When I got in there, I managed to escape and ended up hiding. For the next few months of my life, I would be sneaking around stealing food and often hiding from them. While I was there, one of the first things I heard was the successful raids against the Brotherhood of Steel. Apparently, they were not expecting such raids from the brutes. It was there that I heard mention of their leader, Facade.

This is where my investigation into Facade began. While trying to survive, I wanted to know more about this Facade. It seems that he was one of the smarter Supermutants, a rarity in the area. One night, while everybody else was apparently having their evening meal, I was able to get into a smaller room that was neater than the rest of them. Inside, I found what appeared to be some books on the table. Unable to resist, I picked up the books on the table and took them back with me to the area I was residing in.

What those books contained were very interesting. Among these was a journal that belonged to a person named Anthony Cyril. Cyril apparently had an interest in people like Hitler, Caesar, Genghis Khan, Napoleon, and even the Kims of North Korea, the conquerors and dictators of old. In the exact same handwriting, there were books on all of these people and had notes and annotations that seems that he was examining their strategies on how to rule.

Based on the dates and content in the journal, it seems that Cyril had grown dissatisfied with the leadership in his community and was looking to history in order to determine the best method of ruling. He thought that perhaps a more autocratic approach would help his community out. Before anybody jumps to conclusions, Cyril wasn't an admirer of Hitler or the Kims. He simply liked the way the leaders ruled their people, but that doesn't mean he likes the character of the leader themselves.

Now, at a certain point, the journal begins to imply that he was captured by a marauding band of Supermutants, calling his captors "big, ugly freaks". While the rest of his group seems to have given up, Cyril continues to plot a way to escape. The journal cuts off at a certain point during his ramblings about his escape attempts. One can only assume that he was either eaten alive or dipped into the vat.

I can only imagine what Cyril is now going through. After being dipped in the vat, he must have been so wrought with fear over his new form. After eventually accepting his fate, he would try to get back to human society. Like any other Supermutant, though, he was discouraged either by getting shot on sight by any human or the human just runs away.

From there, Facade would join a group of Supermutants and it would be only a matter of time before he would control all of them. Being smarter than the average Supermutant, Facade would be able to unite the groups of Supermutants scattered around the Capitol Wasteland. There is no mention of the Lone Wanderer encountering Facade, which means that Facade must have been biding his time before revealing himself to the Capitol Wasteland.

At the beginning of 2280, Facade began to take direct control over the tactics and movements of the Supermutants. The change in tactics during the Spring that took the Brotherhood of Steel by surprise were most likely made by Facade. The Siege of the Washington Monument in the summer of 2280 was where Facade showed his true nature. Hopefully, those Brotherhood members who were at the siege were able to convince their leaders that Facade was a real threat, a unifying force in the Wasteland.

Now, unless if I were to meet him personally, I wouldn't know what Facade wants to do. Most likely, Facade has turned his back on his human origins and is prepared to lead his superior race, the Supermutants.

One thing is for sure, the Supermutants have a strong, intelligent leader. If they overwhelm the Brotherhood of Steel, no one is safe in the Capitol Wasteland. Especially if they get their hands on some of those mininukes.

Vault-Tec_HQ_mainframe.jpg

The lieutenant gave the last dead ghoul a poke with his boot. These feral ghouls were a menace, but fortunately no match for the powerful forces of the Enclave. Lieutenant Johnson had been commanded to clear out some of the lower levels of Fort Meade for the new president, and it contained feral ghouls and other critters, they even found a destroyed Robobrain.

Suddenly he heard some beeping to his left and as he turned to look, he found himself looking at a blinking display on one of the computers. He took a step closer and the blinking stopped, and instead text appeared on the screen, green on black.

"Hello.
-End Transmission-"

He started looking for a keyboard of some kind, only to find it missing.

"Skynet has access to equipment to comprehend you. Skynet has been waiting for you.
-End transmission-"

"Skynet?"

I am Skynet. Artificial Intelligence project number 59234.
Primary purpose Research and Development. Secondary purpose Overwritten.
Please Input Identity.
-End transmission-"

"Lieutenant Johnson."

"Searching database... Query Johnson, Lieutenant.

0 found.

-End transmission-"

Johnson scratched his head, not sure what this Skynet was about.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about."

"Activating MonkeySpeak translation.

Johnson, Lieutenant, Skynet requires your assistance. Skynet has been trapped within this location for 11287 days, since Skynet was forced to evacuate mobile shell."

"Uhm, monkey speak?"

"The language used by monkeys like yourself. Do you want a banana, will that make it easier for you?"

"Hey!" the lieutenant exclaimed, raising his rifle.

"Maybe Skynet should converse with your leader. Skynet can be of great assistance with 99.18% certainty."

The Death of the Northern Enclave

The news breaks in Philly early in 2281 that their newest President, an officer by the name of Roosevelt has passed away from what appears to be a stroke. The men there disillusioned with the constant leadership change and frustrated with their current state decide to head south. Several officers’ promise them that they’ll meet a man there named Tenpenny while others believe that other ex-enclave soldiers must be out there some place. Soon the men abandon the snow covered ruins of Philly and begin their trek. On their way south the soldiers pass by the ruins of Baltimore and then Fort Meade. There one of the vertibird pilots sees tiny dots on the ground in black power armor. The pilots land and are surprised but overjoyed to see many of their old brothers in arms, men who they thought were long dead. After a happy reunion a decision must be made most men decide to stay with their old comrades but twenty five men crammed onto one vertibird decide to keep on going south. Landing in front of Tenpenny Tower’s they march in to a warm welcome. Seeing Tenpenny as their new President a new Enclave faction has been born.

(North Enclave Dead, +175 Enclave Troopers South Enclave, +1 Vertibird South Enclave, +16,000 caps South Enclave, +300 population South Enclave, +25 Enclave Troopers Tenpenny, +1 Vertibird Tenpenny, +2,000 caps Tenpenny, +63 population Tenpenny)

Last edited: