• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fun fact which it seems all Europeans are completely unaware of: games like soccer were originally referred to as "football" not because they were played with your feet, but to distinguish them from sports (like polo) that were played on horseback. So soccer, football, and for that matter cricket and baseball and basketball and all other manner of sports that are not played on horses can be considered "football". :)

That, I did not know. Every day you learn something new is a good day, so thanks.

Also, the term "soccer" is British and was commonly used as a term for the sport by the Brits up until recently. More here:

Why it's OK to say 'soccer' instead of 'football'

This I did know. Though, there's only two countries in the world that use the word "soccer" today and for the past 50 years or so.

A bit off topic, so I won't evolve further. But it is, as Mehmed2 stated, quite an accomplishment for a company to stir up the same kind of feelings for their products as sports team/franchises/clubs does.

I don't know if this is the special announcement, but they've just released a HOI video.

I'm half excited, half deceived: I expected a CKII expansion and now I don't know what to feel.

If I recall correctly, not long ago in a Paradox video someone said (Dan Lind, I think) we would not necessarily be able to conquer the world with Switzerland. I know what will be my first game in HOI IV.

I at least want to know if this new expansion is compatible with current saves. I'm refraining to play long campaigns because I don't know it the new version will break anything.

As said, unless you expect to take months, you're safe - announcement isn't release.

Of the releases, only RoI definitively broke save games (and a rollback patch was available for this). You however will always get the advice to start a new game.

Paradox's press conference (and the fan gathering) are on the 14th - Thursday.

Looks like we'll have to wait a few more days for our CKII fix...

Don't even get me started on that.

I am so mad because of the broken special units sprites. Imagine playing byzantium using skinny horse archer models instead of armored cataphracts , and the Mongols and
muslims using ALSO the SAME model.

That's the only fix i care about, i would trade my girlfriend for this fix , please fix