• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dekter

Second Lieutenant
29 Badges
Aug 1, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
In my current Venice game one of patrician families died out and are replaced by some random generated dynasty.I'd like to replace it with Doria dynasty from Genoa which is destroyed.
Probably that's possible with console or save game editing, but i don't know how to do it:mellow:

It might be possible with a save game editing, but will require effort and there is a big possibility of your savegame breaking.

1. First, open up your savegame (preferably with Notepad ++).

2. Look for the house of the Patrician family which just generated, (do this by searching for "liege = k_venice").

3. Once you've found it, remove the line "liege = k_venice".

4. Look for the house of Doria, which should be "b_doria". If you can find it yet extinct, there should be no holder.

5. Set holder for "b_doria", make sure it is of the same dynasty. Optionally, add that person to the history section (recommended).

6. Add the line "liege = k_venice" into the b_doria title.

7. Save and give it a go (don't forget to backup!).

Let me know how this goes.

@dekter: Do you just want a Patrician family named Doria in the Republic of Venice? If it's just a naming issue, just buy the customization pack DLC. Once a Patrician family dies out and a new family replaces it, just rename it. You'll also be able to customize their coat of arms.

I think he's wanting to roleplay a bit and have the historic family migrate. True, you could use a randomly generated family for this, but you lack the history.

The way I do this is by assassinating the new dynasty until it's destroyed over and over again until the right courtiers are pulled for the patrician family. It takes a long time and enough money that console commands are probably the fastest way. I usually keep giving myself assassination money via the console :D