• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

walsh_cm

Captain
31 Badges
Apr 19, 2003
Visit site
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
So as Byzantine I have been taking 3 to 4 pieces of land from the Muslims every 10 years, which is all I can get with holy wars. I looked at the claimants and for Mesopotamia I see a Muslim Catholic woman who must have switched somehow. Anyways, she has a weak claim on the kingdom, which is many spots. How can I get that land using her? Or can I not.

I know I can marry her and bring her over. So say I do, if I push this weak claim and win, she will just become the Queen. If I marry her to my dynasty and she has a kid, to say my brother I assume that kid will just take the kingdom on her death, but still will not put it in my control. Is the only way to get it is to marry her myself, push claim, she dies, our kid (me) gets the kingdom?

Also, do trade republics just not have claimants or does succession rules work different for them? It is tiring taking 1 spot from Pisa every 10 years.

Yeah you'd want to be the one to marry her (if you're using primo succession) because then your kid would get claims on both your titles. Just make sure her kingdom doesn't have gavelkind succession, because otherwise your kids will divide your the titles between them and you could end up with a weird hodge-podge empire mixed up with another weird hodge-podge empire..

So as Byzantine I have been taking 3 to 4 pieces of land from the Muslims every 10 years, which is all I can get with holy wars. I looked at the claimants and for Mesopotamia I see a Muslim Catholic woman who must have switched somehow. Anyways, she has a weak claim on the kingdom, which is many spots. How can I get that land using her? Or can I not.

I know I can marry her and bring her over. So say I do, if I push this weak claim and win, she will just become the Queen. If I marry her to my dynasty and she has a kid, to say my brother I assume that kid will just take the kingdom on her death, but still will not put it in my control. Is the only way to get it is to marry her myself, push claim, she dies, our kid (me) gets the kingdom?

Unfortunately you probably can't do much with her. Muslim kingdoms are Agnatic, so you can't push weak female claims.

If the weak claim is non-inheritable, you probably can't do much with her. If it is inheritable, then marry her off to a dynasty member and hope they have a son who can then inherit the claim. You can then push his claim later on.

Also, do trade republics just not have claimants or does succession rules work different for them? It is tiring taking 1 spot from Pisa every 10 years.

Patrician families within a trade republic default to Agnatic Seniority, though a Patrician can award a Designated Heir title to a male dynasty member in their court which makes them the heir instead.

The top title in a republic has special mechanics. There is an election that chooses between the Patricians of each family (and the heir of the current "Doge") that is based on prestige and age. Patricians can spend money for additional influence and then when the Doge dies, a certain amount of influence is randomly spread amongst the candidates. The winner then becomes the next Doge. But yeah, due to the succession system there usually aren't a lot of claims to a republic floating around.