• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Treaty of Prusso-Baltic Cooperation

1. The Kingdom of Prussia and the Baltic Union will enter a defensive pact.
2. The Kingdom of Prussia and the Baltic Union will lower tariffs on each others goods over the next year to one quarter of what they are now.
3. The Kingdom of Prussia and the Baltic Union will reaffirm the spirt of peaceful cooperation between the two nations.

[x] Prussia
[x] Baltic Union

Last edited:
Plutonium95 said:
((A few things worth mentioning as we end turn one. Both sides of a treaty need use an order to sign it for it to have any affect, if only one person signs it, then they are unfortunately wasting their order. In addition, only treaties that will affect stats, say military advisors or a trade deal, need to be an order. Finally, as far as orders to send in, I’m alright with however detailed of vague you want to make them, just make sure that they don’t try to accomplish more than one thing, meaning no order to advance your tech level and build airships in the same order while your other one is about industry. As always, feel free to ask any questions you might have, either on IRC or PM me. Also, since it seems I forgot to mention, you'll never pay more than 500,000 on an order unless you specify that you want to spend a certain amount. If you do, it will help your rolls.

Stats will be up by tomorrow, until then, feel free to write about your results and plan your next steps.))

((Regarding the multiple things in one order, suppose I have multiple things that I'm doing that are all in pursuit of the same thing? I had a rather ambitious agenda of economic and government reforms planned, but the actual stat effect of them would probably all be either increased income or reduced expenses.))

"HSIM Murad V urges the other signatories of the Dolmabache Accord to move forward with implementing the economic portions of that agreement."

[...]I'd prefer to be the UK Foreign Secretary, but DB has once again foiled my plans! :angry: Curse him! :D

((I fear I don't wholly understand...))

((I fear I don't wholly understand...))

((I read Sneakyfaps' first post and I thought that he was you. People really should choose more diverse avatars. :p My mistake. I withdraw my curse. :D))

alexander23 said:
French-Italian Peninsula Rapprochement Treaty

1. The French Empire, The Kingdom of Italy and the Kingdom of Naples reaffirm their historical friendship since The era of Napoleon the first and the will to reaproachment after later separation.
2. The French Empire, The Kingdom of Italy and the Kingdom of Naples establish a defensive alliance. A declaration of war on either party will be considered a declaration of war upon any of its members.
3. The two parties agree to work for the mutual benefit of each other, with specifics to be suggested and defined later by both parties.
4. This treaty may be amended with the consent of both signing parties.
5. In the event that either party wishes to withdraw from this treaty, two year's notice must be given, during which all aspects of the treaty remain active. After the year, the treaty is considered null and void.

[X] His Imperial Majesty Napoleon II of the French Empire
[]representative from italy
[]representative from naples

It is time to bury the hatchet. No longer shall we view our Italian brothers with contempt and hatred; we shall see them as our equal. I am also pleased that, even with the past, the Bonapartes still consider my liege a part of the family.

[X] Amadeo Leece, Foreign Minister for the Kingdom of Naples on behalf of King Luciano Murat

((Note: Alex asked me to post this treaty for him.))

We will of course accept the terms of the French-Italian Peninsula Rapprochement Treaty, and look forward too working with both our French allies and our Italian brethren.

[X] King Maximilian de Beauharnais

Treaty of Franco-Russian Friendship

1.The French Empire will send twenty-five military, twenty five technological, and twenty five industrial advisors to the Russian Empire.
a.The numbers above will be change based upon new needs of the Russian Military, Scientific, or Industrial sectors.

2.These advisers may be used as desired by the Russian Empire as long as their safety and well-being are protected.

3.The Russian Empire will lower tariffs and other economic barriers to one-third their current amount in regards to French corporations, merchants, and investors.

4.Land and resources for sale in the Russian Empire will be fifty percent cheaper for French investors, if they intend to develop that land.

5. The French Empire will build one airship for military use to be known as the RIS Petrograd using Russian funds to be given to the Russian military. Further aircraft purchases from the French Empire will be negotiated at a later date.

6.This treaty may be amended with the consent of all signing parties.

7.The Russian Empire will not enter armed conflict with the Empire of France or affiliate nation directly.

[X] Emperor Alexander II of the Russian Empire
[ ] Emperor Napoleon II of the French Empire

Treaty of Franco-Russian Friendship
1.The French Empire will send twenty-five military, twenty five technological, and twenty five industrial advisors to the Russian Empire.a.The numbers above will be change based upon new needs of the Russian Military, Scientific, or Industrial sectors.2.These advisers may be used as desired by the Russian Empire as long as their safety and well-being are protected.3.The Russian Empire will lower tariffs and other economic barriers to one-third their current amount in regards to French corporations, merchants, and investors.4.Land and resources for sale in the Russian Empire will be fifty percent cheaper for French investors, if they intend to develop that land.5. The French Empire will build one airship for military use to be known as the RIS Petrograd using Russian funds to be given to the Russian military. Further aircraft purchases from the French Empire will be negotiated at a later date.6.This treaty may be amended with the consent of all signing parties.7.The Russian Empire will not enter armed conflict with the Empire of France or affiliate nation directly.[X] Emperor Alexander II of the Russian Empire[ ] Emperor Napoleon II of the French Empire
[x] Emperor Napoleon II

((I think I've overextened a bit with these games and thus think I have to drop one. Thus, Portugal is open for someone who on the waitlist who wants it. Really sorry about this and good luck!))

Continue the Conquista!
spain.gif

I King Juan III of Spain hereby call again for the Conquista! My forefathers failed in their mission to purge the Islamic filith from the Tingintana Peninsula but I shall not fail, I hear by declare war on the nation of Morocco and claim all of the Tingintana Peninsula and the rest of North West Africa, for Spain. May Mary mother of God shine bright on me and allow me to defeat these heretics, for Christianity and Jesus Christ!

Spain Declares war upon Morocco!

Last edited:
HSIM Murad V unequivocally condemns this unprovoked aggression. Holy wars have no place in modern times. We call upon all civilized nations to defend Morocco from this aggression.

The Ottoman Empire will.send an expeditionary force to support Morocco, and will take further actions we deem necessary.

spain.gif

Spain would like to declare to to Ottoman sultan that it is not a war for religious matters, it is to reclaim a colonial territory. Our King just prayed for god to give him strength, but those words have no real meaning during this war. Therefore no innocent civilian lives will not be lost during this war, again no innocents blood shall be spilt this is a war to claim back what was originally ours!

Last edited:
Since the Spanish crown explicitly described this as a renewal of their previous religiously motivated conquests, we fail to see how this is not an assault on Islam and Muslims in general. As Kalifah the Sultan is obliged to assist fellow Muslims in such a cause.

Furthermore Morocco has entered into the Dolmobahce Accords, which call on the signatories to defend one another in just such a scenario.

Spain would like to mention that Tangier and Cueta are claims of the Spanish monarch, we regrettably lost these cities due to rebellious Moroccans taking it away from us many years ago. King Juan III has decided to claim it back under the name Conquista, this invasion shall not have any religious meaning, this is completely claiming what is rightfully Spain's.

((OOC: Hey, guys, there hasn't been a lot of IC lately in this game, and I think those of us who are really interested should try and do more. I know I'm also guilty of having next to no IC for the last week or two, but this is an incredibly interesting setting and game that I think deserves more attention. I'm not trying to shame anyone, like I said, I'm guilty of it too, but I'm just trying to get some more interest going. I mean, there's a Crusade going on! Let's see what the world has to say about that.))

Reports

500881_927696f9c3bab49483rq05_X_327x402.jpg

Joseph sat in his office in Munich. It was fairly spacious, circular, and half the windows as well as the roof were made out of glass, allowing the Chancellor an excellent view of the city, especially when one considered the fact that his office was on the fifth floor. The glass was designed in a special way that not only made it so that those outside could not see in, but it was also highly resistant to bullets. Architects and engineers that visited the office often joked that the glass was stronger than the solid walls that made up the rest of the room. Joseph had seen the glass in action when a radical conservative-monarchist attempted to assassinate him during his first year in office. The bullet had done little more than leave a scratch, a scratch that Joseph often looked at when he began to day-dream. It was still there after two and a half years, silhouetted lightly against the evening sun. The glass, unfortunately, was rather prohibitively expensive, and as such it could really only be used to protect the royal family and high-level government officials.

"Sir, I have those reports you wanted," an aide said as he walked into the office carrying a stack of papers. The aide was young, likely no more than 25, and he looked rather nervous. This was not surprising considering it was still his first month on the job.

"Thank you, Carl. And don't look so no nervous. What is the worst thing that's going to happen to those papers while you're carrying them? You lose them? That wouldn't such a big deal, considering the fact that we make copies of almost every file. So relax a little," Joseph grinned. He watched as the aide took a somewhat relieved breath.

"Thank you, sir," Carl said gratefully.

"Call me Joseph. I get called sir and chancellor more than enough by other officials and dignitaries," the Chancellor replied.

"Alright si- I mean, Joseph," Carl agreed, although he looked incredibly unused to referring to the second most powerful man in the Confederacy by his first name. Carl stood there awkwardly for a moment before nodding slightly to Joseph and leaving the room. Joseph chuckled and began flipping through the papers.

"Everything according to plan. Scores are up across the country," Joseph muttered to himself as he saw report after report of soldiers and students breaking records at military academies and training grounds across the country. He then looked at the second set of papers Carl had brought him. "Some investment in the Ottoman Empire... Although not quite as much as I was hoping for..." he mused.

Joseph quickly called for a meeting between him and his economic advisers tomorrow morning to see if the investing situation with regards to the Turks could be improved. He also set an appointment to speak with his military advisers in a week's time. Scores may be up, but considering the Confederacy's small size, he knew that they would have to rely on quality over quantity.

((Yeah I have been hit with a sudden surge of hours at work. Turns out I 'back to school' shopping season starts earlier and is much busier than I expected. I have a couple of ICs in mind.))

Berlin Times
WAR IN MOROCCO

War has come to Morocco, as Spain has declared a new crusade. Prussia must act! Prussia needs friends, all around the world, and what better way that to back the Moroccans? We need to expand economically, politically, by means of treaties. However, as we sit, feeling comfortable with our alliances with the Baltic Union and Austrian Empire, our potential enemies form coalitions, encircling us! And now Spain is to expand, giving it a choke hold on the entire Mediterranean Sea, and Prussia is to do nothing? We must go to war, before it's too late to war, and Prussia is surronded by enemies and crushed! To war, by jingo!

A very pro-war, anti-Spain editorial in a German Newspaper