What would you like in an Expansion? What DLC would you like as well?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Davor

Colonel
47 Badges
Mar 16, 2001
Visit site
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Just curious to see what people want for an expansion. For me I would like to see some stealth going on. Maybe make a spy, put him in your opponents city and maybe steal a tech or spells or artifacts that are not in use. Maybe plant a bomb so it destroys a building or production.

Maybe have a unit so you can bribe an enemy unit with a high cost in gold. Missed the old days of Civ bribing enemy units. Also I would like to have more heroes. I just found out about making artifacts so I use it from the beginning of the game. Sort of sucks you are only limited to 4 heroes. If we can't have more heroes how about being able to put artifacts on units we make then?

How about make your own Warlord? Have points associated to them. Have positive and negative traits as well.

Maybe make your own race and own buildings and special abilities?

As for DLC, more races to play as. Maybe play as a rat race, or a reptilian race. Would like to play an Avian race as well. Fast, and to compensate for being able to move over land with no penalties, is they are weak. No armour or heavy armour allowed. Fast attack and maybe since they can't have armour, let them attack twice once high enough.

Last edited:
I would enjoy something akin to the Armageddon DLC for Warlock 1. As it stands the game seems a bit to easy and slow. Honestly if someone was able to rip all of the mechanics of the Dremers from Warlock 1 and put them in Warlock 2 then I would be fine with that. I enjoy being challenged from the beginning of the game. The Armageddon DLC for Warlock 1 turned an "ok" turn based strategy game into something amazing. I hope the developers give of us something as challenging for a future DLC in Warlock 2.

Sorry for simply making a list:
- Different apperences for cities depending on what god you serve.
- Submonster factions. Maybe some infighting? Like Dremers attacking snow maidens and capturing their lair.
- Peacefull City capturing
- Trading with neutral factions that defend themselfs and recover. Trading gold for extra dwarven steel perks or something like that.
- More terraformig
- "Hidden" victories like going to hell and defeating someone there with unique cities in hell. Opening the way there causes and invasion in some of the other worlds giving each great mage the chance to win or just harming them.
- bigger worlds
- more world types
- trade networks (creating extra money transporting, food to cities without food production ...)
- improved special cities (interactions with the great mage forimg groups of interest and defending themselfs at some point) and small settlements in unoccupied space giving extra tax.
- Return of the Dremer
- Mad Peasant Revolution (Replacing a Great Mage on success?)
- more spells
- more mages and races
- roads :D

I would like to see more events/quests. Not more of the "build a building" or "kill a monster" quests, but rather chains of events. Much like the quest in the main story.

Paradox are masters of "events" in Europa Univeralis and Crusader Kings. Some event chains are random, but most are triggered only if the player behaves in a certain way. They are complex and the player is forced to make hard decisions that can have long term and changing consequences.
The semi-random event chains, really add replay value.

I would also like to see more of everything that is already plentiful in the game. Like more Lords, more world/shard types, more races, more buildings, more units more spells, etc.

My personal wishlist:
1. Enhanced special cities - give them more utility and diversity, like resource outpost(pretty obv - special city able control resource), teleportation point(point-to-point instant travel), spy-tower, fog-tower(one reveals fog-of-war in large area, second one creates fog all, except you and allies, units caught recive -1 penalty for sight radius at later development stages) and so on. Everything should come at a cost and have development options, for example:
resource outpost: city levels 1-4 give only 25% quantity of one resource in 1 hex radius(no zone of control tho), city levels 5-9 - 50% and 2 reosources, 10+ 75% and 3 resources 2 hex radius.
teleportation point: each city level gives +1 range(+2 at level 5 and +3 at level 10), base range being 3. Teleportation is not free and costs money and requires another teleportation point in range, it's instant, but unit loses MP.
fog/spy-towers: each 3 city levels give +1 hex radius of effect. At level 10 fog tower gains vision debuff, spy tower gains vision buff.

2. Survival mode. Much like an Armageddon DLC, but with more variety. Something like original Majesty options like it could be raging minotaur hordes, vampire lands(with units getting tougher and tougher as gae progresses) with distant taget to destroy, dremers would work too.

3. Random local events like just walking around and getting some kind of quest or just encounter, both positive and negative.

4. More global events.

5. More distinguish races with varied gameplay as an example - ability to use money for food, units able to dig underground, morphing units, race of units that do not direct damage but only aura based one.

6. Improved AI.

7. Anti-terraforming stuff, so I could protect my lands from hostile mages morphing all around.

8. Improved unhappiness - more local, that empire-based effects. From halting production to city becoming neutral(or joining enemy mage!).

9. More populated and defended lands - so more monster lairs, they could not be looted by just walking on, when guard walked one tile away. Like dremer cities i.e. Probably creating neutral factions that could compete - like minotaurs going on rampage and killing every creature they could, dragons defending lairs even from other neutrals, bandits trying to loot camps too.