• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Finnishviking

Major
71 Badges
Nov 17, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Vikings
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
uwFqSat.jpg

It is indeed the that magical time of the year my friends, the Steam sales!

So keep your head up for any daily deals regarding paradox titles and if you would be so kinda post them in this threat!

Warlock 2 the Exiled is currently on flash sale at 14,99 euros or your regional equivalent, Be sure to pick it up because the sale will end in 8 hours!
warlocktwo.jpg

*Edited!

Last edited:
Only the oldest DLCs are in sale, so this time sales prove to be rather useless -at least when refering to Paradox games. Why Paradox, WHY? Newly released games -even non-released ones- are at least at 25% sale and your DLCs aren't? I really hope they'll be at some point, no way I'm gonna spend again 25€ in two DLC (RoI and Wealth of Nations). They were my two top priorities for Summer sales, what a shame.

Only the oldest DLCs are in sale, so this time sales prove to be rather useless -at least when refering to Paradox games. Why Paradox, WHY? Newly released games -even non-released ones- are at least at 25% sale and your DLCs aren't? I really hope they'll be at some point, no way I'm gonna spend again 25€ in two DLC (RoI and Wealth of Nations). They were my two top priorities for Summer sales, what a shame.

The oldest one? No... Sons of Abraham is on sale too. All the DLCs are. Just not the newest one, like allways.

The oldest one? No... Sons of Abraham is on sale too. All the DLCs are. Just not the newest one, like allways.

Like always since...? It's not like those DLC were released two days ago, they already were launched months ago. There's no excuse to not put them in sale. Also, I'm talking about the sprites DLC too - about half of them are not in sale, so if they want anyone to buy them they better sit down and wait. I seriously doubt I'm the only one surprised by this counterproductive tactic: not putting in sale exactly what HAS to be put in sale, everything else has been purchased sales ago and a lot of people was awaiting -as always- the incoming sales to buy everything.

Summer Sales by the way, it's not like we're talking about mere midweek offers.

Last edited:
Like always since...? It's not like those DLC were released two days ago, they already were launched months ago. There's no excuse to not put them in sale. Also, I'm talking about the sprites DLC too - about half of them are not in sale, so if they want anyone to buy them they better sit down and wait. I seriously doubt I'm the only one surprised by this counterproductive tactic: not putting in sale exactly what HAS to be put in sale, everything else has been purchased sales ago.

The newest DLC was NEVER on sale (only once at all on steam). Since the start of CK2. The newest DLC only gone on sale after the start of a new DLC.

The Persian graphical packs were on sale like two weeks ago on Steam. Bought the Portrait for 66 cents.

Yes. And Rajas of India. But this was the ONLY exemple were the newest DLCs were on sale. It never happened before.

Tempted to snag the Holy Orders and Celtic DLCs but I'm on the fence. I snagged all the content DLC when I bought CKII on a Midweek Madness deal, so all that's left is the "fluff" stuff that didn't look like it fundamentally altered the gameplay.

Any I should be thinking of getting?

I'm going to get the Persian units and portraits + the Republic expansion. After that all I have to get is the Med. portrait pack and I'm not going to do that.

i cant believe all the turk and persian dlc went on sale and i missed it.... i'll have to grab it during this sale, please do mention it if it pops!

You missed the sale a couple weeks back when RoI was 66% off? :(

I don't think there is a single DLC anymore that I don't own.

Like always since...? It's not like those DLC were released two days ago, they already were launched months ago. There's no excuse to not put them in sale. Also, I'm talking about the sprites DLC too - about half of them are not in sale, so if they want anyone to buy them they better sit down and wait. I seriously doubt I'm the only one surprised by this counterproductive tactic: not putting in sale exactly what HAS to be put in sale, everything else has been purchased sales ago and a lot of people was awaiting -as always- the incoming sales to buy everything.

You know the steam summer sale isn't a one day thing, right? Some of the things you want to buy could be on sale on a different day.

Unrelated, I admire your honesty in your character sheet Andrew. People have a tendency to want to roleplay, but no one wants to roleplay the pauper in the mud.

Looks like I can complete my PDS collection now.

What? All are, save for Rajas of India!

So now that Ck2 is on sale, i have been eyeing this game for awhile, what are some much have DlC?

The expansions.

1) Sword of Islam - for Muslims
2) The Republic - for republics
3) The Old Gods - for pagans and the earlier start date
----------------------------------------------------
There are also two content expanding mini-DLCs:
1) Legacy of Rome - adds Byzatnine flavor
2) Sons of Abraham - adds Abrahamic religious flavor
----------------------------------------------------
The rest of the DLCs are just cosmetic ones, though I personally find the portraits ones a must-have; they're quite cheap, they improve the game immensely (on a technical level) since half of the time is spent looking at portraits (I got the CKII Collection with quite a number of them; I can't imagine the game playing without them), and some of the good mods out there actually require them. I've got all save the Norse, Celtic and Turkish ones, which I'm thinking about purchasing this sale.
Other than that, I'm a history fan so I really want the historical coats-of-arms. I recommend the Dynasty Shields packs (I've got the 1st and 2nd one); if you're not really into authenticity and all that, or perhaps learning a few facts about some dynasties, then you can pass on them.
Many players actually replace CKII's music; it's entirely at your leisure on whether to buy them or not. Some, like the Old Gods' ones, feature astonishingly awesome themes.
As for the unit packs, for me they go to the bottom. Buy them only if you want to purchase some DLC and have nothing else on the wishlist.
You could buy the Ruler Designer, if you want to fully role-play and create a character similar to yourself in the real world. That's a great feature, and not too expensive, though not personally high up on my wishlist (and I don't think I've personally used it more than trying it out once).
The Customization Pack's in my opinion a ripoff, so I'd avoid it. It adds some level of freedom in the game like the above.

The only pagans that are actually incredibly fun to play and have received immense work are the Norse. For full experience, if you go for The Old Gods, buy also the Norse Portraits, Norse Unit Pack, Warriors of Faith Unit Pack, Hymns to The Old Gods, and perhasps the Military Orders Unit Pack too.

The Collection is on sale too; I recommend purchasing it: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26483/ (and then the SoA which is sadly not included in the package). It may include something you'd rather not buy, such as the Sunset Invasion DLC, or perhaps the Mediterranean Portraits which a lot of people find ugly, but it pays off pretty much overall.

What? All are, save for Rajas of India!

Not quite; the Songs of India and Persian Portraits aren't too.

Last edited:
So now that Ck2 is on sale, i have been eyeing this game for awhile, what are some much have DlC?

Buy the CK2 collection. This is the cheapest way. But wait for the daily deal if it's on sale for 75 % (20 €/$).