• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PureBeef

Second Lieutenant
59 Badges
Feb 27, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I am only recently coming back to CKII after about a year long break.

So I am currently playing a game and am the King of Alania, and I have a claim for the Byzantine Empire, and have not yet pressed it. However, there is a revolt going on currently in the Byzantine Empire that is fighting to install me as their Emperor - they are fighting for my claim. I cannot tell how the war is going exactly because I am not involved in the war but it looks like it is about 50/50 right now. I cannot join the rebels who are fighting to install me as the new Emperor - which I guess I can understand from a game design point of view.

Now here is what I don't understand, the revolt is going on, and I decided to take advantage of the situation and help my cause by pressing my claim myself for the Byzantine Empire, however once I do that, the revolt ends and all those troops that were fighting to install me as Emperor suddenly become my enemy.

Not sure if this is as intended, and if so, if I should just wait it out?

Thanks for the help/advice!

A question - does the revolt actually end or is it simply them turning hostile due to similar wargoals? It might be that the revolt is still going on, but you're now hostile due to pursuing the same goal(nevermind that they're pressing your claim...).

A question - does the revolt actually end or is it simply them turning hostile due to similar wargoals? It might be that the revolt is still going on, but you're now hostile due to pursuing the same goal(nevermind that they're pressing your claim...).

The revolt ends - once I declare war to press my claim those rebels within the ERE who were revolting by pressing my claim become happy loyal subjects to the Byzantine Emperor.

I would fix this by allowing the player to join the civil war which presses his/her claim. If the rebels lose then the Emperor will throw you to the jail as well, you lose your claim and probably couple of body parts in the Byzantine way as well. I think that is a design flaw which should be repaired.

I would fix this by allowing the player to join the civil war which presses his/her claim. If the rebels lose then the Emperor will throw you to the jail as well, you lose your claim and probably couple of body parts in the Byzantine way as well. I think that is a design flaw which should be repaired.

So this is as designed? I'd like to keep all my character's body parts :)