• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is happening is that we have a very mysterious server issue, causing the Ironman-mode validation to fail. Its being investigated but unfortunately I can't give an ETA on when its going to be fixed.

No other aspects of the game are affected so you can still play single player without ironman mode as well as multiplayer as usual.

What is happening is that we have a very mysterious server issue, causing the Ironman-mode validation to fail. Its being investigated but unfortunately I can't give an ETA on when its going to be fixed.

No other aspects of the game are affected so you can still play single player without ironman mode as well as multiplayer as usual.

58d38fcd1fd4173b0028a11d06beb247.jpg

Thanks, didn't see this thread before posting in the other, nor the timestamps of the posts, was about to post this thread in the other when you ninja'd me :)

Looking forward to the solution

It's funny really. I can play tons of other games, I can even play this game, it's not like it completely stopped working. If I really want I can just boot up a campaign and start conquering within moments.

But here I am, spending my entire evening refreshing this page to see if Ironman is back up....

i bet someone has lost/screw/change the encryption seed and all ironman games are lost foreva

does anyone have a link to any update about whats happening exactly?

I think the way it goes is customers complain to Paradox, Paradox complains to Steam and waits for them to wake up as they're in a different time zone. Steam complains to their outsourced helpdesk support most likely in India. Steam was probably too cheap to go for full 24 hour support so now they wait on outsourced support staff to begin shift. It's not like lives are lost, just a minor inconvenience for customers :p

"Sorry for the delay guys, here's WON one week early! So sorry for the inconvenience."
~Besuchov

This is great to hear!

If this had happened a week before, I would have "suspected" someone (*cough* Johan *cough*) who was destroyed in the multiplayer session...

Perhaps this had something to do with me beating up Sweden for the second time to feed Denmark back its cores around the time when Ironman went down (suspiciously soon after I became Holy Roman Emperor and was about to invade Gotland, I might add)? I know that that is evil, but I didn't know that it would kill Ironman for everyone! Besides, they selected me as a rival first despite me attempting to keep them as an ally!

If this had happened a week before, I would have "suspected" someone (*cough* Johan *cough*) who was destroyed in the multiplayer session...

Perhaps this had something to do with me beating up Sweden for the second time to feed Denmark back its cores around the time when Ironman went down (suspiciously soon after I became Holy Roman Emperor and was about to invade Gotland, I might add)? I know that that is evil, but I didn't know that it would kill Ironman for everyone! Besides, they selected me as a rival first despite me attempting to keep them as an ally!

I know that feel.

As novgorod. Help sweden get indepence.
We each help each other eat into our enemies. (Denmark/muscovy)
Denmark is smaller, so is gone first.
Sweden rivals me at 200 relations, then allies Muscovy with it's last 4 provinces.
5 wars later i'm back to square one.

COME ON!

I think Ironman mode just couldn't handle awesomeness of Commonwealth being Holy Roman Emperor and having vast territories from Luxemburg to Irkutsk.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3264294271581740296/46D08945920A514F9AEFD622DC8858964477A5E1/

You know, I just did the same thing! Commonwealth is awesome game. I can form HRE whenever I want but I cannot play due to Ironman being down. :(

I just need to finish annexing the knights then I will form the commonwealth myself and set my sights on the emperors throne after that...... if only I could actually play.

All these threads make me laugh, as so many people thought no one played Ironman. Now we see how popular the mode is :)

Ironman will work like ck2 with the 1.6 patch.

So we can run Ironman on different versions of the game? Does it mean we can do Jihad achievement in 1.4 and Austrian WC in 1.3?

All these threads make me laugh, as so many people thought no one played Ironman. Now we see how popular the mode is :)
LOL... I thought the same thing earlier! Here I am thinking no one played ironman because of the autosaves. The reality is, while we might not like the constant autosaves, we all play it anyway. :p

It's the same as watching Game of Thrones. Every week I complain that nothing happened. The next week I watch it again. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.