• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Adding my support for a retuning of Mediterranean face pack's colours, so that they look in game more like the pics above (and especially more like all other packs in game, i.e. with a somewhat lighter skin tone).

I did my best to mimic the features chosen to compare. Anyone else care to take a stab at it?

gHdmIJ5.png

I did my best to mimic the features chosen to compare. Anyone else care to take a stab at it?

gHdmIJ5.png

Skin color looks more natural, face looks fuller, chin looks more defined, overall higher quality and less cheeto oatmeal-face.

The clothing on those Med portraits is still super disappointing -- still a mishmash of Western and Muslim clothing for men, and the same generic Western clothing for female (with only the actual hats being unique to the Med set, but still not appreciably Byzantine in any sense, despite only being available to the Byzantine culture group).

That said, the skin tone looks appreciably more human in those renders. They're not a sickly spray-on Jersey Shore orange, and the quality of the portraits in general looks superior.

Why don't the actual Mediterranean portraits look like that? Were these renders touched up and edited, and if so, isn't that a sign that the portraits were a problem?

It seems like Paradox opened a can of works with this :D

But the comparison is absolutely staggering... if the Med faces were updated to look like this I would actually like them and think they were one of the best face packs (instead of the worst).

Though the skin colour does look very slightly greyish. Still better than orange.

It seems they tried to open only one can though, as the turkish portraits are not in the OP. I wonder nobody spotted that yet.

But the comparison is absolutely staggering... if the Med faces were updated to look like this I would actually like them and think they were one of the best face packs (instead of the worst).

Though the skin colour does look very slightly greyish. Still better than orange.

I'd say the Mediterranean Faces should be less orange than the originals (the in-game portraits) but less greyish than the shown renders. The facial features of the renders do seem more pronounced, though, especially the chins. So the renders are definitely a large improvement on the current in-game portraits and would fit way better with the other facepacks.
Still, the women's noses still look as if they've been hit with a baseball bat, which has always been my greatest complaint about the Mediterranean Faces. 'Cause with ordinary, slightly pointed noses - as most normal humans seem to have - some of the Mediterranean women might actually become attractive

I'd say the Mediterranean Faces should be less orange than the originals (the in-game portraits) but less greyish than the shown renders. The facial features of the renders do seem more pronounced, though, especially the chins. So the renders are definitely a large improvement on the current in-game portraits and would fit way better with the other facepacks.
Still, the women's noses still look as if they've been hit with a baseball bat, which has always been my greatest complaint about the Mediterranean Faces. 'Cause with ordinary, slightly pointed noses - as most normal humans seem to have - some of the Mediterranean women might actually become attractive

@my original post: Worms, of course, not works :p

I do not at all care if portraits are attractive. I care if they are realistic. The portraits in the renders are realistic: the portraits we got are not, unless fake spray tan was known in the Middle Ages and, as you said, being hit in the face with a baseball bat repeatedly was normal for mediterranean peoples.

Still, the women's noses still look as if they've been hit with a baseball bat,...

Many greek women look like that, regarding the noses, just like men in reality, when having non pointed noses. No involvement of a baseball bat required. :D

Many greek women look like that, regarding the noses, just like men in reality, when having non pointed noses. No involvement of a baseball bat required. :D

Maybe I should have visited Greece before claiming that then. I suppose my remark wasn't meant as blunt as I thought those noses were. I guess I'm too accustomed to my own pointy nose.

Maybe I should have visited Greece before claiming that then. I suppose my remark wasn't meant as blunt as I thought those noses were. I guess I'm too accustomed to my own pointy nose.

Well a greater variety would be great, but that opens many more cans. :D
African Pack *ahem*... , just to name one. It improved though. It's not that they didn't update the face packs.

Agree about the Med faces, they look much better here.

I hope the Byzantine councillors could be used by everybody in the Byzantine group. When I'm playing as Miaphysite Armenians, I have the vanilla Western European councillors (yes, I have Legacy of Rome).

Agree about the Med faces, they look much better here.

I hope the Byzantine councillors could be used by everybody in the Byzantine group. When I'm playing as Miaphysite Armenians, I have the vanilla Western European councillors (yes, I have Legacy of Rome).

The Byzantine councilors are linked to the Orthodox religion, that's why. Play a Greek Catholic and you won't have 'em either.

These ideas have risen in this thread:

- Fix the mediterranean portraits (Get rid of "Jersey Shore orange" and add more clothes)
- Give Byzantine councillors for all Byzantine cultures (Tie to culture, not religion)
- Fix the African portraits (Why do Ethiopian Miaphysites totally look like West African pagans?)

I agree with all of them.

And I'm still hoping for Slav Portraits DLC.

I saw the OP, was about to post about the Mediterranean's having human-colored skin, and then saw the rest of the thread. Guess I wasn't the only one who that jumped out at.

Seriously guys, I love your game, but false advertising much. I'm glad I didn't get the Persian face pack as well after seeing the complaints being thrown at it. You had to have touched those up because they look nothing like that in-game. i can only hope this means you're changing them. I pretty much play entirely HIP now to avoid looking at the ugly Vanilla Mediterranean portraits.

i have all the requirements for to have the new units and portraits of the DLC that i buy,however,i still have the old units and portraits without updating and no one of paradox gives me a solution about.
publish something that not update and paradox not give a solution,It's like publishing a misleading advertising about a product.
i hope that paradox give a solution to the matter and update the new units and portraits.