• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lgonggr

Captain
68 Badges
Jun 15, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars
What determines the crown + inheritance laws when you create a new kingdom title ?
Does it differ if you create it as a duke or as a king or emperor yourself ?
Will the laws change change if you usurp it from someone else ?
How can I tell what the the exact crown + inheritance laws are for someone else's kingdom (I know I can see inheritence laws with tooltip of kingdom title icon) ?

From what I can tell is that when you usurp it you get it at what it was left at before you usurped. Then again, I think it also might be ONE LESS than your current laws if you were a king. Playing as England recently I have Absolute Crown Authority, or Max. I usurped Scotland and it was one less than my own, at High. So I'm thinking it might be the latter.

1. Copies your existing laws onto the new title created.
2. Don't think so Duke creation of a kingdom title tends to give you a no authority kingdom with the kingdoms default inheritance laws.
3. No they stay whatever they were before you usurped until you change them. As such it can be a bad idea to usurp a kingdom or empire title if you already have an equivalent level title.
4. Tooltip and vassal opinions of the liege are the best ways.

Thanks I understand what I did wrong now.

In order to see Crown authority of other kingdoms, press the de jure kingdom tab in the mini map and go to the kingdom you wish to investigate. This will tell you both the crown laws and the inheritance mechanic.

Yep what jackalope81 said. When you create a new kingdom it adopts the same laws as your primary title. If you usurp a kingdom it keeps the same laws as the previous holder. So if you usurp a kingdom then you may have to destroy it and then recreate it.

Additionally, if you have a kingdom (or higher) title then any kingdom/emperor title you create will get your current primary title's crown authority and you will be able to immediately attempt to increase it.

In order to see Crown authority of other kingdoms, press the de jure kingdom tab in the mini map and go to the kingdom you wish to investigate. This will tell you both the crown laws and the inheritance mechanic.

Turns out that if you usurp a high crown authority kingdom from Muslims as a Hindu it will not keep the crown laws but go back to lowest. Does seem to work when usurping from another Hindu.

Last one that took me awhile to figure out:
As long as you own any kingdom title with gavelkind law you will not be able to destroy any kingdom title. So if your kingdom A does not have gavelkind you will not be able to destroy it if you own kingdom B that has gavelkind.

Took me fifty years but its all sorted once again :wacko::)