• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unofficial vote count

Arkasas - 8 - alxeu, esemesas, Chieron, Ithvan, johho, Wagonlitz, Hax, Falc
Ithvan - 4 - videofan, Vainglory, Arkasas, Rysz

not voted - 0 - :)

Well, Calvinists, enjoy your victory. My life for England!

Well, Calvinists, enjoy your victory. My life for England!
2 calvinists + 1 sorc + his apprentice + the bandit. I guess that would make parity unless they hit the GA.

Should we change to the other baddie?

unvote Ithvan
Vote Arkasas

Why you do this?
Either it's to tease us that he helped team Bad win. Or it's to make us do something stupid and go for someone else (if he is the last wolf). Or it's to taunt us so we don't know what to do.

Oh well, too late to do anything about it now.

Johho's always beaming that beatific smile when there are no no votes.
Yes. Don't know why I started doing it but now it just don't feel right without it.

vote count​

Arkasas: 9
alxeu [648]
esemesas [663]
Chieron [672]
Ithvan [674]
johho888 [673 -> 675]
Wagonlitz [669 Ithvan -> 678]
Hax [671 Ithvan -> 679]
Falc [680]
Arkasas [667 Ithvan -> 684]

Ithvan: 3
videonfan [647 Arkasas -> 651]
Vainglory [656]
Rysz [670]

not voted: 0

missed one vote since the start of game: 3
alxeu
Rysz
Ithvan

Day six

The day is even more lethargic than usual and the tired councilors are excited only by the discussion whether raccoons are Satan’s tools or God’s gift. Several appeals to ancient icons as proof are made but the council remains undecided. The only thing you can agree on is to remove one of you amongst the council as possible heretic. Only after Olaus Petri makes revelation does the council exhibit any sort of life and you quickly agree to the arrest.

Cima_da_Conegliano_God_the_Father_zps976b597e.jpg

Madman who said he was God (Arkasas), brutal Anglican heretic was ordered arrested. However, before he could be properly subdued for burning he burst free from the surrounding Swiss guards and lunged, cackling madly, towards fellow council member. Guards subdued him by splitting his skull but the damage had already been done.

Pope_Adrian_VI_zps69463d6f.jpg

Target of the furious attack was one of the more ethereal council members in the council of Trent. As the Ghost of Pope Adrian VI (Falc), Lutheran assassin heretic was exorcised back to oblivion you realised you had failed the true Faith and Christendom. Heretics and their supporters quickly rose up together, revealed their disguises and took control of the Council.

First killed was Saint Ignatius of Loyola (Vainglory), guarded Grand Inquisitor with martial training and he was given the same treatment so many of his victims had received. Even before the flames died down Olaus Petri (johho888), weak of faith assassin council member and cardinal Wolfgang von Salzthal bei dem schönen Berg (Wagonlitz), archbishop of Köln, guarded Padre and secretly Catholic, but openly Protestant spy who has shown up dressed like a secretly Protestant but openly catholic Cardinal (videonfan), guarded holy Captain of Swiss guard were beheaded. Johann Tetzel, purveyor of indulgences (Chieron), guarded Ottoman spy was torn into parts by the Turk-hating mob. After that the Council and whole Christianity was at the hands of Calvinist heretics.

Madman who thought he was god (Arkasas), brutal Anglican heretic is arrested and then killed on day 6.
Ghost of Pope Adrian VI (Falc), assassin Lutheran heretic was assaulted by the arrested Anglican madman and was banished from this world.

After this Calvinist heretics and their supporters took control of the Council and removed all traces of true Christianity. Game ends in Calvinist (baddie) victory.

calvin_12_zps037ffdfb.jpg

Game ends in Calvinist victory:

calvinist_church_zps6e19944f.jpg

Winners:

saint_hilarius_zps35d6f0ed.jpg

Saint Hilarius was sanctified and venerable Christian but it seems his ghost has parted ways with Holy Church. In fact, Saint Hilarius (alxeu), brutal Calvinist heretic. Death seems to have made him both vulnerable to heretical as well as violent thoughts.

ecumenical_patriarch_bartholomew_zps95cb8e6a.jpg

Patriarch Joasaph II of Constantinople (Ithvan), Calvinist heretic with martial training had been too interested in the Reformation heresy and his correspondence with Melachton and other heretics was responsible for his spiritual downfall. He can be happy that he not only managed to live schismatic life but also turn into heresy and triumph over Catholicism.

And their heretical allies, Schmalkalden League, also known as the League of True Faith:

bosnjanin_zps68ca91cb.jpg

Dobri Bošnjanin (Hax), an adherent of the Bosnian Church, had already caused much mayhem to the Holy Catholic church in the Balkans with his heresy but he couldn’t pass the opportunity to infiltrate the Council of Trent. He was vile and ruthless Lollard Agitator and was already excommunicated from the Church, though nobody realised that.

Antonio_Moro_-_Willem_I_van_Nassau_zps76a06c82.jpg

William the Silent (Rysz) Catholic raised, but staunch believer in freedom of worship was a bit too free in his beliefs and fell victim to the tricks of Dobri Bošnjanin and became Lollard agitator’s apprentice after being novice monk with martial training in spreading herecies.

Vaclovas_Virbickis_bishop_of_Samogitia_zpsbf5941ea.jpg

Bishop Virbickis was simply using his title and position as a cover and means to get personally rich. Instead of having the best interests of Holy Church in his mind Vaclovas Virbickis (esemesas), bishop of Samogitia, opportunistic prince, was only interested in himself. With the victory over Holy Catholic Church in the council of Trent nothing will stop him from plundering his bishopric to his own personal benefit.

calvinist_church_zps6e19944f.jpg

And who nows, now that Calvinism has won in Europe, maybe those who secured its position might even survive the inevitable purges inside Calvinist faith itself? One thing is certain, though - time for happy carnevals is now over and it's time for more sober and serious life in the fear of Allmighty.

Last edited:
First I must apologise for the bad balance in game. I thought multiple blesseds plus both roleblocker and spy being villagers would help village but I didn’t account for sorcerer putting up his anti-JL so effectively. Not only did he nab apprentice but also established contact with all packs and the bandit. That gave the baddies too good chances to control the game, especially since seer outed himself to one of the packs who promptly ate him. And then the packs didn’t consider their own interests but happily let sorcerer know all and proceeded to work together as one big happy superpack. Also none of the hunts hit peope with martial training which would have resulted in attacking wolf dying as well as the victim. Oh well, I should have left either sorcerer or bandit out of the game but wanted to try bandit anyway – bad choice in retrospect. Also I made mistake immediately when distributing roles. I had Ithvan twice in the player list and noticed this when I had started distribute the roles. 23 vs 24 players isn’t very huge difference but with the setup being what it was 1 planned villager missing turned out to be something. Again, my mistake and I’m sorry for it.

But congratulations to the winners, League of True Faith was pretty damn powerful in there.

Declaration of the True Faith

We, The League of True Faith, as per our duty to God and the Catholic church, hold it to be true that the only accepted teachings of Catholicism are those of John Calvin and his followers in all lands that follow the one true faith.

Those that cling to their old beliefs are a detriment to the health of the Holy See and must be eradicated, for they are truly nothing but a mob of heretics.

Those that are willing to see the righteous ways of The League of True Faith and the new, rightful Pope Dobri I are welcomed with open arms into our flock.

Rejoice, for once again God's light has shown us the true path!

Signed,
The League of True Faith​

Well, it's nice to know I caused our victory. Hail the League of True Faith!

Lynching only baddies can still lead to baddie victory. Sigh.

I can't believe the wolves actually won this...

Well, better for me than a goodie victory, though still a loss for myself and my team. Oh well, congrats to the winners. And many thanks to Gen Skob for GMing and the rich updates.

Honestly, I just feel like we lost more due to bad luck than bad play. But of course, all the stuff that happened behind the scenes could mean this is not true.

Falc, what did you do with the info I passed on to you before dying?

Also Aedan, I wish you had told me before you were just a cultist, this would've made me more prone to believing Hax, and could have made it all easier