• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SirWitan

First Lieutenant
91 Badges
Jan 15, 2012
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
Me and some friends have a bigger Multiplayer together in CK2, after 1453 we want to convert the savegame to EU4, but now we have the problem with the upcoming patch and DLC.
Is it possible to convert this CK2 save with the converter after the patch in 6 days or is there some other way to convert it afterwards?

It would be very important for us to continue this Save in EU4, since we playing this one a Long time now and with many People.

Yes, with the 2.0.4 patch on steam it should be possible to play CK2 to 1453, but is it still possible to convert this with the EU4 converter after all and continue this old save to 1821?

I have a similiar problem and I asked Groogy about it; after 2.1 patch old saves WON'T convert to EU4, probably because converter will be using different tags for provinces or something like this. You should convert BEFORE 2.1 to use this save in EU4 where it "should" (quote from Groogy) work.

I have a similiar problem and I asked Groogy about it; after 2.1 patch old saves WON'T convert to EU4, probably because converter will be using different tags for provinces or something like this. You should convert BEFORE 2.1 to use this save in EU4 where it "should" (quote from Groogy) work.

Thank you very much for this reply! Iam sad that there isnt another possbility through :(

Actually, this isn't quite right as I understood it - Pre-2.1 save games won't be compatible with the 2.1 patch at all, and thus you can neither play nor convert them when updated to patch 2.1. However, if you revert to a previous patch version in Steam, whichever one you're currently playing, you will still be able to both play AND convert your Pre-2.1 save games to EU4, and they will still work in EU4, even after 2.1 is out for CKII. So actually, you really don't have to cut yourself short in / rush to the end of any game you're currently playing, which is awesome :).

See the reply I just wrote to CzokletMuss above - there is indeed another possibility!
Huh, actually you may be right. Though I probably won't take any risk and convert earlier, just to be safe. Plus there is another possible problem (?) of converted pre-2.1 save compatibility with EU4 after Wealth of Nations DLC - I'm sure converter is going to be updated in case something changes but only the post-2.1 converter, not the old one avaible from Steam beta.

See the reply I just wrote to CzokletMuss above - there is indeed another possibility!

Ok, so maybe we have a possibility :) Just to be save I allready conveted our one, but let us see and hope...