• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

steamtex

Second Lieutenant
23 Badges
Aug 8, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Darkest Hour
DESTINY
Rommel's Großdeutschland
tTiw33u.png

"You can't be serious."

"Completely."

"Let me get this straight - you intend to kill the FUHRER, expel his cabinet, and take the Chancellery for yourself?"

"With the things that buffoon has been plotting, I don't see any other way for Germany to survive. I swear no loyalty to the Nazi party, only to Germany itself."

"Scheiße.... Well, I'm not going to stop you, but know that I won't help you with this. If you survive this, and it works, maybe we'll meet again."

"Maybe."

Contents:
Section 1
Chapter 1 - Umsturz
Chapter 2 - Auserwahlte
Chapter 3 - Kampfen
Chapter 4 - Anschluss
Chapter 5 - Olympiade
Chapter 6 - Burgerkrieg
Chapter 7 - Reconquista
Chapter 8 - Lateinisch
Section 2
Chapter 9 - Konig aller Konige
Chapter 10 - Unterbrechung
Chapter 11 - Rom Ist Unser
Chapter 12 - Deutschland Ist Immer
Chapter 13 - Ich Sehe Das Ende
Chapter 14 - Ziel In Sicht
Chapter 15 - Jahr Null

Note: The latest this AAR will end will be 1960.

Last edited:
Interesting...

Chapter 1 - Umsturz

Z46OMMG.png

I knew that what I was about to do would shake the balance of power in Europe. In whose favor, time would tell, though knowing what Hitler was intending to do to millions of people, it would probably tip the balance in my favor. Of course, I had prepared for this moment well enough.

RqaEtwg.png

That was the state of the Wehrmacht in January of 1936. Thanks to my recent works at organizing it in 1935, it was in a much better situation than it was prior. The loyalty of the men helped my cause, too. As I stare out from this run-down building through my rifle's scope, I can't help but wonder what will happen if I fail. Hitler had recently re-occupied the neutral Rhineland, once again betraying the wishes of the Franks and English. The plan was simple enough: Public assassination of the Fuhrer, followed by my men discreetly removing the rest of the NSDAP cabinet. Soon enough, with me being the highest-ranking military official, I would inevitably be put in charge of the whole country.

So, before I do this, might I say may any Gods have mercy on my soul.

And without any regrets, I pull the trigger.

Last edited:
subscribe!

Well, my forum name is in homage to the great Erwin Rommel! So naturally, I will have to follow any story about him! :cool:

Chapter 2 - Auserwahlte

LJUXM02.jpg

The next three months were a blur. For a time, they suspected me, or perhaps Himmler, of trying to kill Hitler and take his place. They were half-right. But, they didn't end up convicting anyone. All the chaos created by this caused revolts throughout the lands, but by the time I came to power they had mostly died down. I appointed a specific cabinet of the best men I knew for the job, all who were loyal to my cause.

wfS8ZE0.png

Several smaller armies engaged the remaining rebels in the field, which quickly brought the rest of Germany back under control. Nonetheless, from their leader being assassinated I could tell the people were unhappy, just by checking the efficiency of our industry since it all went down. Additionally, much of the government was still in support of the NSDAP party. Hopefully given some time, and convincing, I could translate this into support for the DNVP.

n8yKXLx.png

I walked into the conference room, and before me was the whole staff.

"Mister Bayerlein, how does it look?"

"Well, do you want the good news, or the bad news?"

"Always the bad news first."

"Goerdeler reports that industrial capability has lowered by about 25 percent over the last two months and is hovering around that point for right now. About one division's worth of men have outright deserted, and a company's worth have stolen supplies from a base in Hannover to give to non-enlisted rebels. Also, France has begun fortifying the Maginot Line further."

"And the good?"

"Well, it looks like with Hitler gone our neighbors have loosened up a bit, specifically Poland. If it continues at this rate, we may be able to convince Poland to join the Reich proper. Additionally, while the UK and France still don't trust us, they aren't as hostile as they were while Hitler was ruling."

"Anything else of interest?"

"Italy finally conquered Ethiopia, and then released them as a satellite."

"It took them that long?!"

After leaving, I returned to the planning room. Several of my theater commanders had been recalled there.

"Gentlemen."

"Chancellor!"

"At ease. I'll be quite direct with this, because you all need to move fast. Blaskowitz, I want troops on the Maginot line. All of it. Ermolli, keep the men under your eye, I don't want any more deserting. Witzleben, I want some troops along Denmark."

"Anything else?"

"No. Get moving."

In a way, it was both terrifying and calming to think that I was in charge of such a powerful nation, capable of so much. To think, at first I was in charge of 100 men. Now I'm in charge of more than 100,000.

The next month was fairly uneventful, save that I've had spies dispatched to the United States, Austria, and the UK to steal technology and, in the case of Austria, increase the uncertainty of the nation and stir up unrest. While it's taking some getting used to, not being out in the field, I can at least not want to rip my hair out from the bureaucracy of more democratic governments. As I sit here in the Reichstag, staring out over this beautiful industrial city, I see the people below who I almost never saw when I was working in the army - the people that make the Reich... tick.

Last edited:
Chapter 3 - Kampfen

KrzrPbA.png

May 28, 1936. I had recently met with Joseph Bech of Luxembourg, to discuss the possibility of their small state becoming an autonomous region of Germany. Besides the loyalty of many German-French citizens in Luxembourg towards the Reich, I also thought they would be further inclined to agree because of the economic problems they've been having recently. They took some loans out from France, and they are unable to repay them. With the support of Germany they'll soon enough be back on their feet, and I'll have them in just the right position I want them to be in: Dependent on Germany to stay afloat. Sure enough, after I did this they soon joined us in an alliance.

kDetDwX.jpg

The political situation in Austria has been worsening steadily, and if it continues at this rate I will be able to swoop in and take them under the wing of Germany. Switzerland has also taken steps to join us, and if I can talk smoothly enough I may be able to annex these neighbors into German states. Below is my mock-up for the Großdeutschland. I am debating whether the Netherlands and Belgium will be included in this empire, at the moment, though it is quite probable. My motives for Romania and Hungary are simple - They can both greatly improve our standing in terms of manpower to draft into the army, and also help to unify the center-area of Europe.

S7p7mMe.png

June 8, 1936.
After finally having time to look back on the past few months, I must admit it has been truly turbulent. I never thought I'd ever end up assassinating the ruler of Germany, and even less so to take his place. But, here I am, sitting in the Reichstag, staring out over Berlin once more. This is a place I never saw myself ever even getting to see. Come to think of it, it would be a good idea to review those war-plans Hitler had lined out over the past few months, for the sake of knowing what he was up to, as well as give a few speeches to the public, to reassure them of the situation here. Tomorrow, perhaps, for now I'll enjoy the night.

Last edited:
Is it just me, are there some missing images? (I see IMG tags without a picture :p) edit: nevermind, working now
I'd be somewhat interested to see the plans for germany...

edit: Doesn't seem like Rommel is really planning on making any less people angry than Hitler...

Quite probably, though he'll be doing it with a bit more diplomacy than a certain dead man.

Last edited:
Hungary and Romania in a Grossdeutschland? and you are leaving the Netherlands and Belgium out? subbed

Hungary and Romania in a Grossdeutschland? and you are leaving the Netherlands and Belgium out? subbed

This was more because Austria, for quite a while, held both countries, while the NL and Belgium haven't been part of a large empire, and have mostly just done their own thing. Though I will include them.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not planning on him doing anything which this forum's rules state aren't allowed, so...
I was more thinking about wars. The alles are already directly in the way (Poland, France), and I don't think the Russians Will be very pleased with you annexing all the tot their border, if Poland doesn't already need a direct war...
So basicly, it doesn't seem like this this coup will change a lot to the war plans.