• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cobb's Rocks

Cobb's Rocks is the popular name assigned to the asteroid field in Hydra. Their general position was charted by the Directorate, but the Rocks were unremarkable enough not to provoke much interest. This very obscurity attracted the Livin' Legends, who expected the asteroids to be a good place to be left alone while they considered their options.

010810apophis.jpg

The Great Tater is the largest of Cobb's Rocks. An oblong, irregular, tuber-shaped asteroid roughly ten miles by seven miles, its a composite of heavy metals, softer stone and small pockets of ice.

s-type-asteroid.jpg

The Li'l Tater is much smaller, on a fairly close orbit to its larger neighbor. It is much smaller and denser, almost entirely metal.

280px-Moderate_Asteroid_Cluster.png

These large asteroids are accompanied by a clump of smaller asteroids, less than a mile wide. These are known as the Tots, the seven largest being named after the children of Jayne Cobb and Jaimie Fleming.

Last edited:
Hydra Mutual Defense and Non Aggression Pact (HyDap)

Objective

In order to safeguard the security of colonial and company powers in the Hydra Star System the ComStar Directive invites the below parties to sign the Hydra Mutual Defense and Non Aggression Pact.

Article I

All signees shall defend one another from threats outside of the boundaries of the member polities through the provision of resources, military forces, and diplomatic support.

Article II

All signees shall refrain from direct hostilities between one another.

Article III

HyDap shall remain in existence for five years and be renewed at the five year anniversary of the official signing.

Article IV

HyDap shall serve as a forum for peaceful discussion between member states on affairs involving Hydran polities. No resolutions or policies shall be imposed or binding.

Article V

Polities aspiring to join may petition HyDap for membership at anytime.

Invited Polities
The Blob [X]
Livin Legends [X]
RaIn Inc [X]
New Wolfen Republic [X]
ComStar Directive [X]

Last edited:
Press For Truth

[Home] [News] [Contact Us] [Forum] [Donate]

images

Big Brother is Watching You!

images

Chilo, Director, Press for Truth

"Hello friends. Chilo here, welcoming you all to Press for Truth. The last bastion of unregulated, UNcorporated news in all the Fringe. I'm here to talk to you about the true threat facing the colonials of the Fringe. It's not the insects, it's not the Republic, nor the USG, and no, not even the Directorate. No friends, I am talking about the TRUE enemy of the colonials... The inhumane, indecent, amoral companies that we now find our selves strife with here in the Fringe.

Already the fascists of the fringe have been singing the praise of this company. No doubt you have already heard this name lauded all over the corporate media outlet, FNN. The Atlantean Espionage, Defense, and Assault Network, or AEDAN. It is likely that not many of you have heard of AEDAN before they came to the Fringe, nor should you have. We're talking about a bunch of jackbooted thugs of the highest calibre. Black Ops, kidnapping, assassinations. These guys are bad news, I'm telling you. Playing both sides of the Colonial war for profit, I have even stumbled upon proof - yes, PROOF, that they even knowingly sent bug queens to unsuspecting worlds in order to feed conflict, and earn profits! I have the documents to prove it, folks!

We got the Living Legends, a name that may conjure feelings of magnanimity. If it does, let me check you right now. The Living Legends claim to be the heroes of Canton... their founder, Jayne Cobb, would profess to be the saviour of the colony, well I tell you he is no such thing! A greedy parasite that would step over his own mother if she came between him and credits. I have proof, yes PROOF, that Jayne Cobb was part of the pirate band that sought to raid Canton. I have the documents, folks!

The Kestral Company I am sure some of you have heard of before. The merchant corporation that once tore apart the Outer Rim in the name of their senseless trade wars, crushing the competition, no matter the cost - even if it comes from within their own ranks. Mark my words, these greedy thugs will do anything in the name of profits. Haul drugs, weapons, slaves, human organs, you name it! "If we can stuff what you want into a cage or a crate, we can probably ship it." That's their slogan, people! Wake up! It's right there in front of your faces, I tell you! But noooo, don't listen to ol' Chilo - He's a kook! I have the documents!!!!

Don't even get me started on the ICE!!!! Industrial Core Enterprises - Fascists in every sense of the word! They strip mine entire planes and move on like a disgusting virus, and there here folks, greeted with a smile and a handshake by our very own Atheneum Directorate. Do they think we are fools?! They had the ear of the senate, and now the Directorate - coincidence? Of course not - these are the very people that are behind it all! I'm telling ya! And right behind them was the USG commander, Captain Artis Marte. Are we supposed to think that is a coincidence, too?

Marte has taken time out of his busy schedule of oppressing innocents to make our lives miserable here in the Fringe. I'm not buying his line of BS and neither should you - because we all know this is part of a bigger conspiracy. Oh yes... we do, don't we, friends? Marte was there, he knows. The Black Suns were there, they know the bugs are nothing more then genetically modified humans bred to kill their enemies. Folks, I have the documents to prove it! And the Republic, Ha! Nothing more then a USG front for stirring up manufactured dissent- War is money folks, war is money. And our masters know this well... yes.

The Extra-dimensional Reptilian Overlords have us right where they want us, and these companies are their errand boys. I have the documents..."
Ksssssssh!

User Disconnected...

FNN Newsfeed
Bringing you the news of the Fringe, today!

The Black Suns have Established a Base of Operations on Diomedes Charlie Minor. Reconnaissance of the moon yielded the discovery of several scattered and small settlements, and a small spaceport. Small security contracts were awarded to protect civilian traffic. 200 Agents Hired, 5m.cr. Earned.

RaIn has established a base on Hydra Charlie Minor, which has since been dubbed, RaIn's Moon. Independent Merc Companies operating on the moon have reportedly 'merged' with the larger outfit. 600 Agents Hired.

AEDAN, the known enforcers, have reportedly established a base near Darkstar Echo. Their reputation earning them skilled recruits from the Darkstar system. 200 Agents Hired. (10 m.cr. bonus)

Marte's Remnants, the USG splinter company, has established a base of operations on Darkstar Beta. Darkstar, home to many USG loyalists have made contact with Marte's recon teams, and reports indicate security contracts were awarded to the former USG company, as well as a spike in recruitment. 300 Agents Hired, 30 m.cr. Earned.

The Sentinels, a new Republic loyalist company in the Fringe, has established a base at Chrimera Echo Minor. Explorers uncovered a crashed mercenary transport. The rescued crew, reportedly eager to join the Sentinels. 500 Agents Hired.

Gosgossos has been reported on Charlie Minor, of the Potus Binary Star System. Reports indicate that locals have received the company warmly, awarding contracts and recruits. 200 Agents Hired, 5m.cr. Earned.

Officials from Greenstar Alpha have reported the location of the VKRC, the former refugees setting up a base of operations on the planet.

The Optproc Collective have set up a base on Chrimera Beta. Scans revealed a hostage crises underway, which was swiftly dealt with my the company, earning a spike in recruitment and credits. 400 Agents Hired, 5m.cr. Earned.

Living Legends, the Heroes of Canton, have relocated to Hydra Echo, dubbed by locals as Cobb's Rocks. Mining interest were discovered surveying the asteroids, and enlisted the aid of the Legends for security purposes. 10m.cr. Earned.

The I.C.E. have begun showing interest in the Potus Binary asteroid field. It is reported that rich deposits of Tylium were discovered by Industrial Core Enterprises, and high profile customers have already contacted the new comers to the Fringe. 20m.cr. Earned.

Reports have surfaced that the Kestral Company has established operations on Diomedes Beta. Officials state that economic interests on the planet have already enlisted the aid of the company. 30m.cr. earned.

SOTI Division has been reported around the moon of Greenstar Echo. Explorer teams from SOTI, responding to a distress signal, discovered an Insectoid infected ship. The company's handling of the incident has earned them security contracts on Echo Minor as well as a spike in recruitment. 300 Agents Hired, 10m.cr. Earned.

The I.S.F. has set up a base of operations near Potus Charlie. Scans have yielded an unknown hostile action, that is yet to be determined. Recruitment for the company has climbed steadily. 300 Agents Hired.

Modern Detergents and Ventilation has relocated to Potus Beta from Atheneum. Conflicting reports indicate the company was involved in a hostile action. SecuCorps is reported to be investigating. 100 Agents Hired.

((I still have stats to update, which may not be done until tomorrow, so players may wish to hold off on their orders. For now, I encourage you all to come up with an IC of your results this turn. I tried to leave your order results vague to give you room to play in your ICs. Players may now make use of their Mandate Power - Stealth players' orders will now be submitted through PM to me. Player's may now propose and sign contracts - not to be confused with Treaties, that are purely IC and may be signed and proposed at will.

A brief on contracts...

Colonial powers will have the ability to propose contracts to the smaller company's of the fringe. The nature of the contract is determined by the colonial regime. Colonies could hire companies to explore a sector of space, patrol a trade route, or attack an enemy. All contracts, however, pose a strain on the colony's economy, though long term rewards may be gained. Colonies in a good financial position will have the advantage of drawing more lucrative contracts, and thus luring more companies to their cause. Should a company fail in successfully carrying out a contract, the Colony loses it's initial investment in the contract, and nothing more, while the company retains its initial signing bonus. Contracts are low risk for the colony, while potentially lucrative for both the company, and the colony. At the very least, Colonial players can expect an NPC company to sign every contract.

For example,

The Atheneum Directorate Resource Ministry​

The AD Resource Ministry has hereby ordered the opening of the Achadia Asteroid Field to private mining firms. Signees are hereafter permitted to begin mining operations at the expressed consent of the Resource Ministry, to begin the expedition of precious minerals from the asteroid field to New Athens. Companies are offered a 15 million credit sign on bonus, as well as a royalty on all minerals sold to New Athens. The Atheneum Directorate is not responsible for any expenses beyond the initial sign on bonus nor royalty offered, as well as any unforeseen hazards in Atheneum space.​

15 m.cr. economic contract proposed.

[x] Signed, Nichanos Petros, Minister of Resources

The economic structure for companies and colonies will differ, with company's having a treasury in millions of credits (m.cr.) and colonies having a GDP figure, which will be an overall value of that colony's economy. A 15 m.cr. contract will cost a decline in the GDP by 15 m.cr., no matter how many companies sign on.

Like the Colonies, companies may also propose contracts. Company contracts may be proposed to a specific colony, or sub-contract to other companies. A sub-contract guarantees at least an NPC signee, but there are no guarantees that a colony will sign your proposal.

Kelmore Mining Compay​

KMC hereby proposes that the Archadia asteroid field, held by the Atheneum Directorate, yields to private mining interests of the KMC. A standard 15 m.cr. sign on fee plus royalties of minerals sold would serve the best interest of both parties. Expenses beyond which will be carried by the KNC and it's subsidiaries.

15 m.cr. economic contract proposed to the Atheneum Directorate.

[x] Signed, Guval Demitris, President, CEO of KMC

Players will have a limit of one contract proposed, or signed per turn. Contracts will only last a period of one turn, and need to be resigned each additional turns. Location of company fleets will be a factor when signing contracts, as it will take time to travel from sector to sector.

Players may only sign or propose ONE contract per turn. If you sign one, then you cannot propose one, and vice versa. Some players have a 0 GDP and Credit account, but you can go into a deficit - though I wouldn't recommend digging yourself too deep a whole.

I will have stats updated ASAP - as well as some Atheneum Contracts proposed this turn available to ALL players - so don't feel compelled to propose a contract this turn if you are low on credits.))

Vessel: Atlantis Station
Time: 12:35:27 Galactic Standard

Senum stood on a high platform, viewing out over the masses that had volunteered to his service. 300 all, give or take. Many were young and eager for glory, hearing much about the exploits done so far by the Scimitar. This would not do. The weak must be culled.

"Gentlemen. You know why you are here, and for many of you that is enough. For most organizations, any fool who can shoot straight will do. Not here. Are you here for glory? Honor? Recognition? Do you have morals? Are you loyal to any cause? If you answer 'yes' to any of those questions, get out of here now. I don't want liabilities, and if I find out you're a liability, you best put a bullet in your own head, since it'll be a mercy compared to what I'll do to you. Now, with that in mind, make your choice, stay or leave."

With many murmurings, about a hundred prospective employees started walking to the adjacent hangar. As the last of them entered it, the doors behind them sealed, and the gravity control within was turned off. 100 surprised floating mercenaries were no match for Senum's loyal soldiers. A massive screen in the room Senum and the volunteers inhabited showed the horrific scene of murder that was occurring in the hangar. The muffled sounds of automatic fire reverberated throughout the room.

Looking bored Senum again addressed the now fearful crowd.

"Now that those liver-lilied cowards have been dealt with, I welcome you to the Atlantean Espionage, Defense, and Assault Network. My current force is loyal and highly skilled, but sadly lacking in numbers. That's where you gentlemen come in. You will be our field operatives. You won't be fighting in frontal battles. This will be a war of shadows, against any enemy I see fit. You will strike out and eliminate threats, and find information others want hidden. In reflections of this dual purpose of secrecy and illumination, you're designation will be similarly paradoxical. You are The Blackwatch. Hidden hand of AEDAN, our shadow army. The fringe won't know who you are, what you want, or who you work for. You will find no recognition here. but they will fear what you represent. You will be paid beyond your wildest imaginations. With our strength and genius, AEDAN will control the fringe, and you, our army and operatives, will keep everyone in line. You are Blackwatch, no lines, no limits, no regrets will hold you back. You are the shadows all men fear, and the light that others dread."

The men below, once hesitant, soon accepted Senum's rhetoric, and embraced his final lines. In unison, they responded "We are Blackwatch, no lines, no limits, no regrets will hold us back. We are the shadows all men fear, and the light that others dread."

Senum allowed himself a small smile as he walked away. Everything was going well so far. Soon, the real game would begin.

I.C.E. Module Starships

I.C.E. were the corporation to first develop Module Starships, though later they became far more common also amongst other corporations.

Module Starships are designed in a way so that they fit together like two building blocks designed for the purpose (think of LEGO bricks). While each module will have all components necessary to function as a starship, once linked these functions are all taken over by the main module.

Each module would have a specific specialized function. This means that a mobile I.C.E. fleet could be customized according to necessity.

Modules were categorized by Type, and under each type there would then further be Subtypes.

The New Wolfen Republic hereby signs the Hydra Mutual Defense and Non Agression Pact

[x] Matthew Wolfe, President of the Wolfen Republic

On behalf of the refugee Colonial Flotilla #11266578AB-3S, I, George Steel, Headman of the Flotilla hereby sign the Hydra Mutual Defense and Non Aggression Pact.

[X] - George Steel, Headmen of Colonial Flotilla #11266578AB-3S and Representative of Planet Shawnigan

ComStar Press Release

Uriah Salter appears in hologram form.

"Today is a great day not only for colonial and company powers within the Hydra Star System but for the whole of hukind. The signing of the Hydra Mutual Defense and Non Aggression Pact otherwise known as HyDap marks the first treaty of peace and cooperation between fringe states. The leadership of the signees have my utmost admiration and respect for having the wisdom and strength to come together for this occasion to sign a agreement that has in effect ensured that our star system will not become another battleground for hukind. Let it be known that ComStar seeks peace and cooperation with all Fringe polities and likewise that any encroachment into the sovereignty territory of any Hydran polity will be met swift, efficient, and determined resistance."

On behalf of RaIn Incorporated, I, Francis Desieve, High Ambassador of RaIn Inc. sign the HYDap treaty in hopes of mutually beneficial relations in the future.
[X] Francis Desieve, RaIn Inc.

((longer ic to come))

FNN Nightly News..... 06.04.3051

Welcome to the Fringe News Network Nightly News...

robot_500x305.jpg

EDI

"Hello citizens of the Fringe, and welcome to the FNN Nightly News, I am EDI. On tonight's program we shall be discussing the Hydra Mutual Defense and Non Aggression Pact, also known as HyDap. Earlier this week, amid stunted efforts of establishing a growing economy on their newly settled world, The ComStar Directive announced their intentions of forming a treaty with neighbouring colonies and companies within the Hydra Star System.

Details of the treaty include mutual defense, and a forum for mediation of common goals. Signing factions include the Wolfen Republic and the Blob as well as several backwater companies. Upon signing the Treaty, leader of the ComStar Directive, Uriah Salter, had this to say..."

"Today is a great day not only for colonial and company powers within the Hydra Star System but for the whole of hukind. The signing of the Hydra Mutual Defense and Non Aggression Pact otherwise known as HyDap marks the first treaty of peace and cooperation between fringe states. The leadership of the signees have my utmost admiration and respect for having the wisdom and strength to come together for this occasion to sign a agreement that has in effect ensured that our star system will not become another battleground for hukind. Let it be known that ComStar seeks peace and cooperation with all Fringe polities and likewise that any encroachment into the sovereignty territory of any Hydran polity will be met swift, efficient, and determined resistance."

"Joining me tonight to discuss the HyDap is Doctor Gauis Hypatos, professor of Political Sciences at Ithaca Academy, and expert on Colonial Affairs, and author of the new book, Remembering Moscow, available now at FNN Online Store. Dr. Hypatos joins me via extranet link from Ithaca. Welcome, Doctor."

cd130b2f23be4cb39b17647549a26f29.jpg

Dr. Gaius Hypatos

"Thank you for having me, EDI."

"Dr. Hypatos, tell us what implications exactly, the HyDap could have for the Fringe."

"Of course. What we have here, though it is an extraordinary situation, considering these colonials were mere refugees only a few months ago, was not entirely unpredictable. The Fringe is a dangerous place. Pirates, terrorists, Kelmore remnants, and bugs are known to roam the outlying star systems around Atheneum. It makes sense that these newcomers would ban together under the pretense of peace. It is entirely likely, that we will see other Colonies pursuing the same goals."

"You mention pretense. Do you think there may be other, underlying agendas here?"

"I do, EDI. As I mention in my book, and go into great detail, Jeril Salter, founder of ComStar, and late father of the current leader, Uriah Salter, was in fact present at Moscow on that faithful day that sparked the Colonial War."

"Are you saying he was in someway responsible for the attack on Moscow."

"Well, no. Jeril Salter was based on Moscow Station, but no evidence exists that directly links him to the attack. What he did do, however, was earn a degree of infamy by playing both sides of the crises. USG Security, rogue marines, and terrorists all paid Salter credits to perform missions on the burning station. As thousands died, Jeril profited. That is a fact. A fact which I go into great detail in my book. Salter's Banners, Jeril's mercenary company that predated ComStar, actually lost their alliance with the Guardians of Elysium because of their two-sided tactics. The GoE dissolved the partnership because they simply couldn't trust Jeril Salter."

"What does this mean for HyDap?"

"Well it should be pretty clear to those who have signed on, thinking they can trust the Salters. When it comes to credits, Jeril proved that profits come before anyting else. Can anyone really trust that the same cannot be said of his son, Uriah?"

"Surely you can agree that such treaties are in the best interest for the Fringe."

"I can, however I remain skeptical that ComStar are the ones that can be trusted to be at the helm of such movements. The fact is that they are a mere backwater, their economy is struggling and it remains to be seen if they can establish themselves in Hydra, or offer any protection of the other signees. It is a necessary step in the right direction, but maybe HyDap should consider getting themselves someone else to champion the treaty."

"Words we should all ponder, Dr. Hypatos. Thank you."

"You are quite welcome."

"And now, Sports... The Sparta Rivals defeated the New Athens Thunder in a heated match..."

User Disconnected.

Last edited:
Jonathan Baptiste, Overseer of Zenith United, sat in his private office upon the surface of Diyu, still known to some as Darkstar Charlie. The first process of transferring the prisoners from the flotillas to the newly constructed prison complex, built on the volcanic world’s surface, had been successful and mainly without incident. Oh, there had been a few attempted uprisings, as had been expected, but they had ended exactly as predicted. With complete and utter annihilation of the dissidents. Now, here he sat, the transfer process complete, and contact established with the small mining colony that had existed on Diyu, previously unknown to all.

While he flicked across reports of the productivity of the different prisoner cell blocks, on his holo-computer, an alert flashed on his screen. With a sigh, he pressed accept to the incoming audio-message, and snapped irritably, “What is it Miss Carmada? I have a full schedule today!”

The quiet and composed voice of his prim and proper secretary came back over the line, “My apologies, Overseer Baptiste, but your 2 O’clock appointment is here. Mr Jenkins, of the New Chicago Commune is here.”

“Ah yes.” Baptiste stroked his goatee thoughtfully, “My apologies for my harsh words, Miss Carmada. Please, send him in.”

“At once, Overseer.”

Baptiste lent back in his chair and stared at the ceiling, deep in thought. The New Chicago Commune was something he had not, nor any on the Advisory Board, expected. An independent self-sufficient community, no matter how small, could serve as a source for future strife. In the unlikely event of any convicts escaped their prison, they would definitely use the Commune as a base of operations. It had to be brought into the fold.

The door hissed as it opened, revealing the rather unkempt figure of Mr Jenkins. Wearing a rather plain set of clothing, and boots that were obviously used for work but had been polished in an attempt to show keenness, he nervously walked in and smiled awkwardly at Baptiste. “Err, it is an honour to meet you, Mr Baptiste.”

So now we have to play diplomacy, Baptiste thought tiredly as he brought a warm smile to his face, I hope this doesn’t take too long. I hate dealing with yokels. “Mr Jenkins, please call me Jon! And the honour is all mine to meet the Mayor of such a successful nation!”

The hick relaxed slightly, and gave Baptiste a yellowing smile, causing the Overseer to wince inwardly. The Mayor sat down heavily in a chair, and scratched his thick hair, “Call me Leeroy then, Jon! So, what can the New Chicago Commune do for you?”

“I would rather say, what can Zenith United do for you, Leeroy! You know about our nature as a corrections operation, no?”

“Umm, what?” The puzzled gaze of the Mayor irritated Baptiste to no end, but he hid it with a hearty laugh.

“I mean you know that we are a company that holds prisoners, yes?”

“Oh! Right, right, yeah I know that. What does that have to do with me, or the Commune?”

“Well Leeroy, tell me, is your community full of troublemakers?”

“What are you trying to say?!” The tanned face of the Mayor reddened slightly. Baptiste held up his hands disarmingly,

“I’m not trying to say anything bad about your Commune, Leeroy, I am just asking whether you have problems with criminals, like most places. It is a sad fact of life that where men gather, crime will rear its ugly head.”

The Mayor looked down at his hands and mumbled quietly, “Okay, yeah, we have a few bad apples. More than a few, in fact. Why do you care?”

“Ah, because I wish to help you, Leeroy! We have the men and buildings to teach those trouble-makers how to behave! Just point them out to us, and we will whisk them away, out of New Chicago, and into our care! What do you say?”

Leeroy looks up with a hopeful expression, “You would help me like that? Yeah, I would like that a lot!”

“I’m glad to hear it Leeroy! I’d need your signature on this piece of paper, though, before I can?” Baptiste slides across a thick wad of paper, along with a pen. The Mayor stared at the words with confusion, before looking back up to the Overseer.

“What’s all this?”

“Since Zenith United is a company, Leeroy, we have to do things by the books. Red tape and all that, you know how it is. All this document does is say what we can and can’t do, and goes into the archives to show that yes, you and I reached an agreement.”

“Oh… Okay.” The man looked at the documents with confusion again, before shrugging slightly and scribbling his signature at the bottom of the page. Baptiste took the documents back and stowed them away into his desk. Rising up, he leant across the table to shake the Mayor’s hand.

“It has been a pleasure Leeroy, really! But I’ve got a lot of work to do! You know how it is! Come visit me again soon, you hear?”

“Oh, yeah, right! Seeya Jon! Have a good on’!” Waving goodbye, the Mayor walked out the door with a slightly bemuddled expression. As soon as the door hissed shut behind the man, Baptiste sank back into his seat and sighed, rubbing his temples. He absolutely loathed having to deal with yokels. He glanced at the documents on his desk and smirked slightly. At least they were easy to trick. The fool had just signed away all rights of the New Chicago Commune. Of this minute, the New Chicago Commune was now a protectorate of Zenith United. Before the year was out, the protectorate phase would have been completed, and the population there transferred to the prison complex.

“I suppose there are some benefits to dealing with backwater states.” Baptiste mused to himself as he turned his attention back to the reports on his holo-computer.

Extranet Report

Zenith United has purportedly signed a treaty with the Mayor of the New Chicago Commune, the head of the independent mining state on Darkstar Charlie, that surrenders most rights of the Commune to the Corrections company. It is reported that said treaty will revoke the sovereignty of the Commune by the end of the year.

KNA8UHe.png

First Contact

1st Company led by Major Bryn Pugh was advancing slowly upon the ship, its enormous shadow lying on them almost blacking out the sun. It had left a trail of destruction on the moon as it crash landed. Firing could be heard from smaller fire arms from inside and the stench of death were in the air, the Major wondered how long that distress beacon had been on. The command on the ship was observing as the 80 SOTI troops breached the outer hull of the ship and entered the outer sections. Except for hearing the fire arms echoing trough the metal from far away it was eerie quiet as they progressed seeing no signs of the bugs. The group started to detach into several smaller fire teams to try and find the source of the infestation quicker.

As they started to reach the core sections of the ship reports started to flow back to Major Bryn Pugh about hostile encounters. Bugs swarming their position and starting to encircle them, Pugh gave the order that all groups separately advance to the same position and force trough to a safer area. Two from Bryn's fireteam put charges on a reinforced steel door that wouldn't open, remaining calm as their mates were keeping the swarm behind them at bay.

BAAM

The door blew off landing a meter away in the room. Inside was a dead end but it was filled with civilians, mothers holding their arms around their crying children to protect them. Major Bryn froze as he was looking over his options, his tactical field almost blinding him with data on the situation. Command on the ship was also working as hard as possible to co-relate all information from the split fire teams of the company. Other sergeants reported in their findings making the civilian number grow more and more.

- "Shit this is a colonial ship." one of the Corporals screamed over the com.

A pin was pulled out, and you could her the metalic clanks as it bounced on the ground. "Grenade out!" the major screamed as they started to take cover inside the room. A bright light shone as the photon grenade detonated, leaving only trails of ashes in the corridor and red hot walls outside and opening up a path for them.

- "You four get the civilians out, now" Major Bryn Pugh turned to the remaining eight personnel as the four others were evacuating the civilians and shouted into the com. "Men, what do we do?"
- "Jump straight into hell, Sir!"
- "Huuzaah!"

----

Moments later as tons of refugees are escorted to the evac point suddenly the communication goes quiet. The command on the ship was holding their breath. After a few minutes of nervous silence it is broken by Major Pugh screaming "Move move move move for fuck sake! cracked trough. The soldiers taking care of the civilians at the evac point stopped for a moment and looked towards the ship. A loud boom could be heard and a shockwave pushed everyone back and debris came flying and the people started gasping for air. Then the ship started to implode on itself, a horde of bugs could be seen attempting fleeing the ship but were constantly being dragged back in by the implosion and eventually crushed by the pressure.

EXTRANET REPORT​

1st Company, 4th Battalion of the SOTI Division today answered the distress call of The Azure, a colony ship heading for the unknown regions of the charted sectors.
Trough valiant efforts and sacrifice the leading officer of the operation, Major Bryn Pugh, managed to save approx. 2 000 civilians from a bug infestation.

Chapter Two: The Atheneum Bug War

FNN Breaking News.... 07.04.3051

We Interrupt your regular extranet feed for this breaking news...

robot_500x305.jpg

EDI

"Tragedy has struck today as both the Sparta and New Athens defense lines were overwhelmed, which seemed like a coordinated attack from the Insectoids. Ithaca Pritoris is put on alert level red and evac operations are underway. The Chariot of Fire, Flagship of the Colonial Marines, has been pulled from the front and is now assisting in evac operations in Aegean City. Meanwhile, Cleisthenes City, capital of Sparta, is confirmed lost. Efforts by Atheneum Defense Force were unable to take back the city, and general retreat has just been sounded. I have.... *click click click* Yes, I have established a link with our reporter in the field, Grace Enoch, reporting live from Aegean City, Ithaca Pritoris, New Athens.

Miss Enoch, can you hear me?"

tumblr_mvwf55IUNU1qzc87no1_500.jpg

Grace Enoch, FNN Reporter in the field

"I read you, EDI.

I am standing here in Diodorus Square where Directorate Armed Forces have begun evacuation of civilian personnel. The Chariot of Fire is just overhead and has begun firing TAM missiles on the western districts of the city. From what little ADAF personnel have told me, is that those districts have been completely overwhelmed by the bugs. ADAF officials have assured us here-
*BLAM*

"Miss Enoch?"

"Frak me!"

"Miss Enoch!"

"I'm sorry EDI." *background noise.*

"Miss Enoch, tell us what is going on."

"The ground in the square is splitting apart... there's something... I'm on the EVAC shuttle now, I'm getting you a shot..."

lj0624bz19s.jpg

"The Chariot of Fire is spooling up it's - *explosion heard, feed cuts out.*

"Miss Enoch...? We seem to have lost our feed to Miss Enoch. May the Great Universal Mind watch over her and us all. We now go live to the ADS The Ark, for Lord-Admiral Diodorus colonial address..."

016_max.jpg

Lord-Admiral Alexis Diodorus

"People of Atheneum and the Fringe. It is incumbent upon me to inform you of the dire situation we now find ourselves in. After nearly three years of fighting the bugs in Atheneum, this very day has taken a turn for the worst. We have kept the threat contained. We have cut off their reinforcements, and make no mistake, victory will be ours. It is darkest before the dawn, a statement made very true by the events of this day. A new dawn is coming, one free of Insectoids, but in order to persist in this darkness, we will need the help of all the Fringe. I am ordering cooperative treaties to be drawn up that will see mutual benefits for all parties, as well as contracts for private companies to aid in colonial defense. The people of Atheneum are not alone. Diodorus out."

"That was Lord-Admiral Diodorus. For FNN, I am EDI. More updates to come as story develops. We now return you to your regular extranet browsing."

The Valour Accord

Objective
Enlist the aid of Fringe Colonial Regimes in defending the Atheneum against Insectoids for the mutual benefit of all.

Article I
Signers recognize that the fall of Atheneum to the Insectoids would be a detriment to all the Fringe and all signees will give all within their power to defend the star system, root out Insectoid nests, colonies and hives within Atheneum, and aid in the defense of the colonies therein.

Article II
For the support of Fringe Colonial Regimes, Atheneum Directorate will provide skilled personnel, technology sharing, favourable trade pacts, to ensure GDP growth to all regimes participating.

Article III
The Valour Accord is in effect until the official close of the Bug War as stated by Lord-Admiral Diodorus or his successor. All whom are deemed in breach of the Accord, specifically Article I, will be susceptible to Quarantine procedures and ordered out of the Atheneum Star System and susceptible to further punishment at the discretion of the Directorate.

15m.cr Contractual Sign-on Bonus
Colonial Regimes Only.

[x] Signed, Lord-Admiral Alexis Diodorus, Atheneum Directorate

Last edited:
Atheneum Directorate Security Contract

Companies are hereby offered a lucrative contract with a 15mcr sign on bonus, with a bounty paid on all Queens exterminated. Signees will be required to take part in a major offensive on Sparta, Atheneum, under the command of Rear Admiral Nicholas Salaris. Companies will rally at the Agatha Asteroid Field, linking up with ADS The Pegasus. All signees must submit to the orders of the Atheneum Directorate, or be found in breach of contract. All materials necessary for offensive operations will be provided by the companies themselves, and the Atheneum Directorate takes no responsibility for damages or loss of life.​

15mcr Military Contract

[x] signed Rear Admiral Nicholas Salaris, Atheneum Directorate

New Fringe Shipping
Contractual Agreement

NFS has been ordered by the Atheneum Directorate to shift its operations into evac procedures, and safeguarding civilian evac operations in the Atheneum Star System. As this will hinder business operations throughout the Fringe, NFS has hereby elected, from among its board of directors, to subcontract this mission to other companies.

Responsibilites of Signees
*Adhere to Atheneum Directorate Commands
*Transport civilians from danger zones to safe zones
*Transport arms and personnel in danger zones
*ensure a measure of trade keeps Atheneum economy running in this time of crisis

15mcr Economic Contract

[x] Signed, New Fringe Shipping BoD