• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Of course you can join. The last thread had a somewhat open door policy to new players and so shall this one.

EU 3 DW 5.2 is the edition we are playing in. :)

As for the voting thing Vidmizz...damn you are right. Could everyone please declare their vote here as well. It'll help authentic any tomfoolery. I'll edit my posts to take this into account.

Last edited:
Ok, I voted for Novgorod

To my knowledge, it is. :p (I really have no idea. I just like glory. :p)

Also, Florence doesn't exist in the game apparently. That was my mistake. See my edit for details. If that bothers you, you get a free pass to change your vote. :)

I felt like I should vote Novgorod since I brought it up, but Tuscany looks like a good choice. I'd forgotten Italy had a noble republic.

Edit: To clarify, I voted for Novgorod, but I wish I'd voted for Tuscany.

Last edited:
Vote Ulm!

Alright then. Voting is in. Discussion is closed.

According to the online poll, winning is Florence/Tuscany. Factoring in Vidmizz's concerns, I did a count using the forums.

Florence/Tuscany was voted for by myself, Vidmizz, Econ47 and Panzer Commander.
Novgorod was voted for by 1anrs and gandalf553.
Ulm was voted for by AsdfeZxcas and KingofEurope.
Tibet was voted for by thawitchking and fulic1 (implied).
The Hansa was voted for by Dauth (implied).

So luckily, saving myself alot of headache and decision, both the poll and the thread votes give the same result.

Therefore, I declare that we shall rule from Tuscany!

The rules I suggested received no comment, so I assume they are acceptable. The voting system will from now on be done in the Thread. Though it is messy, less neat and means that later voters can be influenced by those who go before them, it is secure, which is what we need more.

With all the house rules settled, let's move to our first election campaign. We'll start in year 1399, Dec 1st. If you want to rule from that point until 1407, put forward your nomination and mandate. I'm going to run, so I'll throw up an example once I've decided my mandate.
Additionally, we have a slider-choice. These are to be debated in the fora themselves and require permission to change. If no permission is given, leave it idle.

Therefore, we shall both debate and vote upon our next representative and said slider change. Please vote using the following manner: (ELECTION/SLIDER:pERSON/SLIDERMOVE). The ballot will close at 17:00 GMT Monday (tomorrow). Good luck!

Last edited:
(SLIDER:QUALITY)

We are a small nation. I believe it be wise that as we cannot call upon as many men, that they few we have fight more vigorously. :)

(SLIDER:pLUTOCRACY)

We must build a trade empire!

(ELECTION:TABANESE)

If I am elected, I plan to rule cautiously. That involves making marriage proposals and gaining alliances. I don't intend to waste money sending out merchants until we've secured Pisa from Milan. Luckily, we can depend on the HRE to keep us until then. I will favour Government technology investments assuming Stability is high. Hopefully, we can obtain a NI before our peers and use it to leverage a military advantage.

Andre Massena said:
(slider: Centralization)

AsdfeZxcas said:
(SLIDER:pLUTOCRACY)

With both of these slider moves, we risk revolt from the nobles. We must remember the fact that we depend upon them for our army and that a revolt would not be easily contained. The result would be a serious set back, as a centralised trade empire is an admirable goal we may eventually pursue and a takeover would work against this. Quality however will only cause us to reject bad recruits at worse, the same men we couldn't afford to keep anyway.

(I'm not 'correcting' you guys; I just feel like the strength of any electoral system is proper debate, so I am defending my position. This little aside is just me being sensitive until everyone is acquainted with this custom. In other words, no hard feelings. :) )

If anyone should wish to change their votes in response to debate such as above, freely use the edit function. Don't repost your updated vote. It'll just making counting harder. ^_^

Last edited:
I think the move to plutocracy is worth the risk, but you, if elected, seem to want to take a safer route, which isn't a bad think. I think we need someone to research trade 7 so we can begin to colonize, and build a New-World power base.

I think the move to plutocracy is worth the risk, but you, if elected, seem to want to take a safer route, which isn't a bad think. I think we need someone to research trade 7 so we can begin to colonize, and build a New-World power base.

I vote for no early colonization of the Americas. Florence is a landlocked nation in Italy, squabbling with other small Italian states. We lack both the position, the funds and the motives for exploring the vast waters to the east.

It's not historically plausible to be one of the first colonizers. Once we've built a powerbase in Italy then sure, but not before.