• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wouldn't call it 'evidence', seeing as it's all coming purely from you and is unsourced. I'd be interested to know where you got all this from though. And I was referring to 'Sicily' as an island, which you will find most definitely is an island.

Either way, you're clearly very emotionally attached to the issue and I really can't be bothered nitpicking that unnecessarily long post to defend an in-game change I suggested that will almost definitely never be implemented either way.
Not sure why you're defending the Bourbons though when in 1820 Ferdinand I asked the Austrians to come and crush a revolution against him and then Ferdinand II (in 1848) crushed those same Sicilian farmers when they revolted against him, just like Garibaldi :confused:

I am not emotionally attached to this, since I have basically nothing in common with anything close to what I just told. I just take interest in historical revisionism of mistold stories.
I am not mad at the austrians because that's an expected behaviour from an ancién regime representative, surely that's not something a "liberal" would do. Thus depicting Garibaldi as a "liberal" is more wishful thinking than anything.

Feel free to look up those characters I named.

Wow, things grew bigger than I expected. I'll assume this is a good start in this forum! :)

But, regarding to the deaths of farmers, every goddamn empire (and a lot of nations) in this world is responsible for killing the poor at some time. Odds are, if you're a poor farmer, things will crush on you sooner than later. I see this all the time in my country, imagine what was like in a time where information was in short supply.