• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CzokletMuss

The Emprah
80 Badges
Apr 20, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Cities in Motion
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
Simple question - what about the extended map?

8CbfaxA.jpg

(I used the map from EU4)

Would there be more provinces in Africa and Siberia? What about more islands on Atlantic for people who have converter DLC and want to start colonizatino quickly? So many possibilities!

Wasteland.

Yes but if you take a closer look you'll see that we'll have more space near the Horn of Africa - Somalia anyone?

Yes but if you take a closer look you'll see that we'll have more space near the Horn of Africa - Somalia anyone?
Or more wasteland, although I hope I'm wrong.
They did say 50% bigger map, that is only like 30%
That's because Europe is very big in the EU4 map projection. CK2 may be more realistic about the size of India.

We're absolutely sure that it is going to be a straight map extension, and not a separate map specifically for the DLC, with you choosing which map to play when you start the game?

Something like...

Ck2Scenarios.jpg

...but with a different projection that gives you a bigger India.

It might sidestep a bunch of problems, if the game was only running for the map your were actually playing on, and didn't bother with the other one. Bookmarks and earliest start and latest start dates could also be different between the two maps.

We're absolutely sure that it is going to be a straight map extension, and not a separate map specifically for the DLC, with you choosing which map to play when you start the game?

Something like...
It's been said that it will have "50% bigger map", which suggest that there is a single map, or that India alone is 150% of Europe.

It could work like in Empire: Total War with separate regions. It would be kinda silly though.

It might sidestep a bunch of problems, if the game was only running for the map your were actually playing on, and didn't bother with the other one. Bookmarks and earliest start and latest start dates could also be different between the two maps.

They said "50 % bigger map" and "+300 new provinces". Sound like a map expansion for me. Not like a own map.

I think, Lord Finnish's version is closest to what we can expect to see, although I think, there might be a small part of Indochina added, because the Indian rulers did sometimes fight with this part of the world, too. The major problem, however, is the representation of central Asia. This region is known and famous for being a melting pot of all thinkable newly formed tribes, cultures etc. And also, where will the mongols start? Will there be a chance for them to invade India instead of Europe?

Yeah, nice map. Although I think Mongols would get more space than you showed here. Plus I really hope for more provinces in Africa - currently there's nothing to do as Mali or Abbysinia besides fighting Fatimids/Morocco.

One thing I just noticed. What about the sea zones in the Indian sea?
What do you mean? Either Paradox will find a way to make to separate sea zones or they will be connected in some weird way throught the Suez canal.

Last edited: