• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
advice for Ober

Maybe its best to tell everyone to F...Off and do it yourself...........its does not have to be super super accurate. All old maps are wrong because they cahnge from year to year , decade to decade for the same area............any area..............Make it super easy for yourself.

I already get the feeling........this is getting too hard

There is no gameplay for ragusa........if you do not want to make it something else , then merge it into bosnia

While Ragusa as a state has no place in the game, the province should stay. It can represent several areas, e.g. Cattaro/Kotor for the Venetians.

While Ragusa as a state has no place in the game, the province should stay. It can represent several areas, e.g. Cattaro/Kotor for the Venetians.

yes a possibility.....name it cattaro

but IF my changes are accepted, it would mean that Venice has
venice
veneto
istria
dalmatia
cattaro
corfu
negroponte

at start of game ..........did I miss one?

maybe too strong........but then again, Venice reached its highest power in 1508 after winning a 6 month war against the Habsburgs and taking Gorz as a prize........so it might work

After playing with China for a bit and brainstorming Europe more, I came to conclusion that it's not worth trying to change Europe now. One in all, I just can't get provinces to look right and randomly inserted additions, no matter how good they will be, will totally break map immersion, that's how I feel about that.

That of course doesn't mean I won't work on expanding vanilla map. It is simply that different approach will be taken to do that. First version of the map will cover changes in Asia, as it is utterly broken and any kind of change is better here - so it will contain changed Korea, Japan, China, new Mongolia (as McSionnagh's has too much provinces after all), altered Siberia near Ural (all provs north from Tobolsk removed, PTI between Kazan-Ufa and Tobolsk filled), and only some name changes in Europe in the very broken places.

I am inclined to change Ragusa to Zeta, in vanilla Michael swapped Ragusa for Zeta indeed, so that would work. Then short revision in other places with outright wrong names, let me know if there are any.

And then once that's done, I'll think of version two, that'll include completely redrawn - but among vanilla rules - Europe, with more additions hopefully working better than now. So, while you can keep adding ideas for Europe, my focus is on completely broken Asia now, as anything will be better there than vanilla.

My only problem with the vanilla map are the "too many white spaces". If you can get rid of them this will be really nice addition. :)

Yet it will stop being the map of Europa Universalis that tries to leave areas that were undiscovered or where no european army would have been able to cross until 1820 stay terra incognita.

That's exactly the problem with say WATKABAOI or current version of WATK4 - there are too many provinces in absolutely irrelevant areas, most provinces in interior Africa or Americas should (and will be in case of WATK4) scrapped, same as Siberia.

Whilist some PTIs in vanilla (Permament Terra Incognita a.k.a white spaces) have to be filled (for me it is Mongolia and Kazakhstan, most of it at least), I also came to conclusion that too many provinces is worse than too little - AI gets crazy having so much space to colonize and ends up colonizing it wrong, balance hurts way too much and one in all game becomes tedious. Vanilla could use some additions from PTI, mostly in Asia, maybe a few provinces in South America, but that's it.

Good to know about this new project!

I am looking forward to playing on this map, even if imo Europe would still be the most interesting part. But I can wait... ;-)

That's exactly the problem with say WATKABAOI or current version of WATK4 - there are too many provinces in absolutely irrelevant areas, most provinces in interior Africa or Americas should (and will be in case of WATK4) scrapped, same as Siberia.

Whilist some PTIs in vanilla (Permament Terra Incognita a.k.a white spaces) have to be filled (for me it is Mongolia and Kazakhstan, most of it at least), I also came to conclusion that too many provinces is worse than too little - AI gets crazy having so much space to colonize and ends up colonizing it wrong, balance hurts way too much and one in all game becomes tedious. Vanilla could use some additions from PTI, mostly in Asia, maybe a few provinces in South America, but that's it.
Yes, Africa have too much prov. in WATK4
In vanilia i would add a few provinces in the region of Persia