• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, Istria and Dalmatia are two different provinces. While I was thinking about changes there, I believe it's fine as it is now. But I was wondering about Ragusa. Should it be swapped for Zeta?

OK .............to have 1 nation less ? or

Yeah, I know this one. How would a new part be called? Utrecht? No idea about Netherlands, but Zeeland requires split indeed.

BREDA

Northern part of Athens and southwestern of Macedonia would make Thessaly. Nothing more than that.

OK

EDIT: MyMap has Staats-Brabant next to Zeeland, but maybe there's better name? And then, I'd probably have to draw some islands to represent Zeeland truly. And speaking of islands - should Venice be moved to separate island.

Not really, just take a piece of of Veneto .........it has isolates already via the sea

EDIT2: I fully checked HRE map out, compared it with some maps on the web and MyMap and made short list of provinces I could consider adding. Reason I'm dropping the list here is to get your opinions - some provs are more, some others less relevant. The goal is to filter out good and bad ones - if there are some potential replacements, or better names for them write it too:

*Lausitz (south of Brandenburg)
*Luneburg (two provinces Hannover is tempting)
*Altmark (half of Magdeburg).
*Augsburg (part of Wirtemberg)
*Breisgau (south of Baden)
*Westphalen (Munster extended north)
*Graubunden (part of Schwyz, prov for Swiss people)

*Lausitz (south of Brandenburg)...................pointless
*Luneburg (two provinces Hannover is tempting)..............pointless
*Altmark (half of Magdeburg).....................pointless
*Augsburg (part of Wirtemberg)...............yes
*Breisgau (south of Baden).....................yes
*Westphalen (Munster extended north).....................pointless
*Graubunden (part of Schwyz, prov for Swiss people)...............yes there are some events by Bordic for the Grisons

Ones I'm sure will get added are:

*Geneve (already in)
*Trier (already in)
*Breda/Staats-Brabant
*Slesvig

where is Slesvig

OK .............to have 1 nation less ? or

Here goes my question, was Ragusa really any relevant to European politics? These guys just sat in their city and paid anyone who came to protect them, right? Were they really of any importance? I'd swap Ragusa for Zeta, simply change province name.

where is Slesvig

Schleswig in German, I just used Danish name. It will be added between Jutland and Holsten, so Denmark gets an actual province so it's at least a bit richer. I haven't added it yet, as I'm about to go to bed now. Will deal with it tommorow.

Sorry that the link not work
Ming
2f14c2b339020a1db0dd6554c33f08ad.jpg

Qing
1-130526124SE29.jpg

Good to see your work!
Please tell me more about your plan on China and HRE. Where will you add Trier? Would it better to reaname Hannover to Brunswick( should be in German but sorry that I forgot its German spelling)

Braunschweig

and rename Muenster to Westfalen?
And as Baden is not use in Agceep, perhaps you can re-draw the Swabia area.

Baden exists as a revolter in AGCEEP. It only rarely appears because the 1 province we have in the vanilla map is used to represent Breisgau+Sundgau=Vorderösterreich or "Vorlande" for first TYR and then HAB. However Baden back in 1419 is tiny. It had less than the northern half of our "Baden" province
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/HRR_1400.png
and only much later owned all of it.

Last edited:
I have uploaded pictures of the maps from EU2 here in the mediacenter of my ISP so you can take a look if you don´t remember how the provinces looked:
https://mediencenter.t-online.de/auth/guest/shareToken/3C256251F9E641766665D186D9A9C63E6382C00D

thanks , but I cannot zoom in

Anyway, once he settles on these few changes , there are events to cahnge and other things, best to do small changes , finish event cganges, play and test and then revisit the map IF you need extra provinces.........if he wants to finish map in one shot , it will never get up.

Here goes my question, was Ragusa really any relevant to European politics? These guys just sat in their city and paid anyone who came to protect them, right? Were they really of any importance? I'd swap Ragusa for Zeta, simply change province name.

Schleswig in German, I just used Danish name. It will be added between Jutland and Holsten, so Denmark gets an actual province so it's at least a bit richer. I haven't added it yet, as I'm about to go to bed now. Will deal with it tommorow.

ragusa is not required

fine with province for denmark.

thanks , but I cannot zoom in

You click on the thumbnail of the picture to see it, then you click on "Fullscreen" = Vollbild in the upper right to see it larger. Or you download it (download="herunterladen") and view the file with whatever program you use.

Yeah, I know this one. How would a new part be called? Utrecht? No idea about Netherlands, but Zeeland requires split indeed.

Map_of_the_Habsburg_Netherlands_by_Alexis-Marie_Gochet.png

The red line is the split of the spanish Netherlands after the republic of the 7 united Netherlands became independant from Spain.

"Staats-Brabant" is only a valid name after 1648. Before it´s just the northern part of Brabant and would be owned by the Duchy of Brabant and then by Burgundy --> spain. Only in the 30years war was Brabant split there and the southern part stayed spanish while the northern part became part of the Netherlands. Not a true part of the NL however - "Staats-Brabant" is not one of the 7 provinces that gave the Republic of the 7 provinces it´s name but more like occupied country that is governed by the state directly instead of a province.

Last edited:
my further suggestions

rename veneto as friuli

rename mantua as veneto and produce venice from this land

split 391 into NE as mantua and other as ferrara

split 392 for umbria

split 389 for milan on the west and Brescia on the east ( giving MLO an extra province)

split 371 with a SW area for trento/south tyrol and the rest stays as tyrol

split apulia between the heel and the toe

make ragusa as zeta

split albania for southern part to be Epirus

All your ideas for balkan area is good

I like to see east frisia but i think there is no room ..........

I do not see any changes needed for spain, portugal, ENgland and france

Free Cities
by Mad King James

There is room for Ragusa, but Ragusa is not a "state", it is a free city. Free cities (IE cities under the protection of a larger state, but engaging in independent commerce) are everywhere. If we impliment Ragusa, then why not Danzig, Hamburg, Lubeck, Nuremburg and Bremen, all of which were more important?

I'll tell you why we don't, because they do crazy things like invade other states, build gigantic armies, secure royal marraiges, and basically don't act like free cities.

Basically all free cities had no army. None. They had a garrison of perhaps a thousand to man the fortress. Also they were all technically under a larger kingdom, and were a lot more of a vassal than a "vassal" is in the game. Ragusa for instance was part of the Kingdom of Bosnia. When the kingdom of Bosnia fell to the Ottoman Empire they became part of the Ottoman Empire, simply by virtue of the fact that Bosnia had fallen to them, and they quite graciously allowed them to maintain their free city status. Lubeck and Hamburg were free Imperial cities under the Emperor, even during the Thirty Years War this status never changed, they just became "Protestant Free Cities of the Holy Roman Empire".

Danzig, same deal, different king, this time Poland.

At no time did Ragusa for instance "offer" to be an Ottoman vassal, the "offer" was basically just admitting that their kingdom had fallen to the Ottoman Empire and that they were their new overlords, and the Ottomans nodding and not revoking their free city status (which they easily could have done had they not done this).

If Ragusa had not been a free city, and rather a city-state (like Venice) it would have been invaded by Venice the first time they turned their back. The only reason this did not occur is Venice didn't want to take on the entire Kingdom of Bosnia (who would take a dim view of Venice invading one of his cities, even a semi-autonamous one).

-----------------------------

I have read above from the Agceep website, so what about Bremen? Is Bremen also a free city? Perhaps we should change Bremen to another country.

-----------------------------

I have read above from the Agceep website, so what about Bremen? Is Bremen also a free city? Perhaps we should change Bremen to another country.

Bremen IS another country.
The Bremen ingame is not the "Hansestadt Bremen" that could not be represented ingame for the same reasons you cited,
but the Bishopric of Bremen-Verden
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archbishopric_of_Bremen
and later
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bremen-Verden

Last edited:
I noticed there's already a prov called Tucuman, so that should remain as it is. However, Corrientes is still a wrong name for one province, and should perhaps be changed to Chaco.

Another thing, one of the vanilla scenarios has a English province in the Americas cutting the Spanish colonies in half, representing this. Either that "colony" should be ignored, or a new provinces added.

Reactions:
Another thing, one of the vanilla scenarios has a English province in the Americas cutting the Spanish colonies in half, representing this. Either that "colony" should be ignored, or a new provinces added.

It´s the vanilla 1701 scenario and the englich province is province ID 34 ("Campeche" on the map).

Couldn´t the english colony just be moved to 37 (on the map Nicaragua)? Then it still can represent the english presence and the spanish will have a way over land from Mexico to South America and spanish Yucatan won´t be cut off from New Spain.

Last edited:
That's a lot of replies, goooooood!

@Zweihander

That's actually a good idea how to draw both Macao and Hong Kong. Thanks ;)

Looking at both maps they're quite similar, it seems that Qing only made more provinces outta it. Sadly, I can't find any Qing map in English :( Could you perhaps simply transliterate Qing provincional names to English? That'd help a lot ;)

@CD

I only checked the name in MyMap for any kind of reference. Should it be Breda then? Or perhaps Northern Brabant? And either way, drawing something there is tricky, so I'll leave Zeeland for now. It's simply that Zeeland is usually a group is small islands and coast in other maps, and cutting that huge Zeeland now looks...silly. Perhaps southern Lowlands will require their borders slightly redrawn too, to match Netheralands.

And Bremen-wise, should it be named Bremen or Verden? Now there's chance to change some names, so better be quick.

@Toio

Veneto and Friuli idea is fine, what for Venezia itself then? Only coastal part of province, WATK style?

I would avoid splitting Romagna as it might get too clustered, and besides, how important was Mantua? If Mantua is required, I'd rather rename Veneto to Friuli (or Verona?) and create Venezia there.

Umbria might be okay, I'll have to try. I thought of Brescia, I like that idea, but again it's all about execution.

I'd rather split Napoli or redraw south with three provinces.

Ragusa confirmed.

Albania is one tricky province again. I need to somehow cut the west to get part Vardar and south to get Epirus. But I indeed thought of both.

East Frisia, nope. Big Oldenburg is way too big, unless we're to take north of Munster too and create both Munster and Osnabruck. How useful would that be however, don't ask me, I have no idea.

@Nein

I like idea for Nicaragua, but there's already Mosquito province, in wrong place but it is. I do not want to change every single province because we'll get to changing whole map entirely. What would be alternative name for old Mosquito province then?

If there are anymore name inaccuracies in Americas, write dem and they'll be changed, that's really the easiest part ;)

more historic than marienburg ( which is marys borough) would be either Warmia or Galidia .
Warmia. Galindia is absolutely anachronistic for FtG period.

Ober, you can check the beautiful map of Therion for better English/Latinized names alternatives as I doubt that anyone could make a better job here.

I am not much interested in the project, but I can help if you'll need any suggestions for PLC, Baltics, Scandinavia or the Low Countries. At last it would be nice to redraw the borders in Lithuania as they are really somewhat crazy in vanilla.:)

Last edited:
"Staats-Brabant" is only a valid name after 1648. Before it´s just the northern part of Brabant and would be owned by the Duchy of Brabant and then by Burgundy --> spain. Only in the 30years war was Brabant split there and the southern part stayed spanish while the northern part became part of the Netherlands. Not a true part of the NL however - "Staats-Brabant" is not one of the 7 provinces that gave the Republic of the 7 provinces it´s name but more like occupied country that is governed by the state directly instead of a province.
It could be named Meierij or simply Breda. It is true that the area has almost no political or economical significance at all but it is of the colossal strategic military importance as it was the battlefield of all major Spanish-Dutch (and partly French-Dutch) military campaigns of the era.