• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a former anti-Steam person, i'm fine with this if it's straightforward.

I've accepted the folly of being a luddite.

Great decision. Somewhat of a pity that I just bought CK2 on Steam for my gf so we could play together - whilst I have 2 separate Gamers Gate accounts both with CK2 and a few expansions on them. I already own the game on Steam too (just prefer it that way, so ended up buying it again..) so I guess I have 2 copies of CK2 to give away. And a few of the expansions..

As one of the filthy few I thank you for that generous offer/gesture, which you guys were in no way obliged to do.
I also can understand why you are dropping GG even if I'm not happy with this decision.

That is very appreciated, thank you.

Do we have to get keys for the DLCs as well? Simply copying the DLC folder won't work?

So, I have a Steam version with the exporter DLC that I got with EUIV. I also have a GamersGate version with a lot of DLC. Will I be able to combine all my DLC into my Steam version?

we have been assimilated. resistance was futile ;)

Aren't you guys losing money on this?

Don't think so. Quoting myself from /r/paradoxplaza:

I don't think Steam charges any money, because some developers give out free Steam keys sometimes like this indie dev that gave out 50000+25000 copies of Fairy Solitaire. I doubt he could afford fees if there were any.

edit: also it says here that "It’s free: There’s no charge for bandwidth, updating, or activation of copies at retail or from third-party digital distributors."

Wow is all I have to say, was hoping for this and then it happens. A bit later than I wished for of course but I'm very happy right now.

Just as a small note about the GG DLC, there's two ways to buy them.

-The first is from the GamersGate website, this adds a entry to My Games and on it says that they are downloaded from the in-game store.
-The second way is to buy them from the in-game store which DOES NOT add the entry to My Games, it however does show as a negative red transaction on your blue coins but it does not say what the transaction is for.

Hopefully both ways are taken into consideration.

A big thanks to Paradox for caring about your individual customers, "you have my steel... erm money" for all the new CK2 DLC the moment this conversion happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.