• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I'm pretty sure DB will try to play God with his next character. :D Think about it: his first character was a great general who founded a chivalric order, his second character was... a diplomat [citation needed], he proclaimed his third character a saint, and his fourth character was a puppetmaster who created almost every significant piece of Brandenburgian legislation. Who else could be next, other than a deity? :p

I may be right.

I may be crazy.))

((I for one welcome our new Densley overlords ;)))

((I'm pretty sure DB will try to play God with his next character. :D Think about it: his first character was a great general who founded a chivalric order, his second character was... a diplomat [citation needed], he proclaimed his third character a saint, and his fourth character was a puppetmaster who created almost every significant piece of Brandenburgian legislation. Who else could be next, other than a deity? :p

I may be right.

I may be crazy.))

((Damn. I've been rumbled... :p))

BrandenburgSeal_zpsfa0ef6d0.jpg

Message from the Grand Duke

I sent my condolences to the family of Erich Adalbert Graf von Eltmann zu Neumark. He was a great man for our nation, and may he rest in peace. I appoint Konrad Ludke as the new Lord High Chancellor of Brandenburg.

A message from Bishop Maximillian

Join me in the Church of Saint James the Hermit for a prayer service dedicated to Erich Adalbert Graf von Eltmann.

After the prayer service we will discuss ways to promote the one true Church in Brandenburg and end Parliament once and for all.

Although I was an enemy of Catholics in my youth, age has a way of clearing men's minds. I will attend the service for Erich Adalbert, and from now on I will try to follow his example of religious tolerance. I would also like to congratulate Herr Ludke on his appointment. Felicior Augusta, melior Traiano!
~Sir Edmund Percy

Parliaments of the Kingdom of Brandenburg (1544-1636)

ParliamentTermLeaderMonarchNotes
First Parliament1544-1547Erich Adalbert von Eltmann (1544-1547)Joachim HectorCreated after the institution of the Bill of Rights

Dissolved in the Parliamentary Act (1547)
Second Parliament1547-1565Erich Adalbert von Eltmann (1547-1562)

Konrad Ludke (1562-1564)

Vacant (1564-1565)
Dissolved by King Joachim Hector after the Catholic Revolts.
Third Parliament1565-1567Edmund Percy (1565-1567)Dissolved upon the death of Joachim I Hector
Fourth Parliament1567-1574Edmund Percy (1567-1574)Albert ChristianDissolved upon the death of Albert Christian
Fifth Parliament1574-1589Edmund Percy (1574-1589)Christian Wilhelm IDissolved upon the death of Christian Wilhelm I
Sixth Parliament1589Edmund Percy (1589)Christian Wilhelm IIDissolved by the Parliamentary Act (1589)
Seventh Parliament1589-1605Wilhelm von Stade (1589-1605)Dissolved upon the death of Christian Wilhelm II
Eighth Parliament1605-1608Wilhelm von Stade (1605-1608)Heinrich IIIDissolved by King Heinrich III upon his majority.
Ninth Parliament1608-1627Johannes von Altmark (1608-1627)Dissolved by a motion of Parliament
Tenth Parliament1627-1634Johannes von Altmark (1627-1634)Dissolved upon the death of Heinrich III
Eleventh Parliament1634-1636Adolf Krüper (1634-1636)FriedrichDissolved upon the coronation of Friedrich as King of Prussia on 1st September 1636

[/tr]

Parliaments of the Kingdom of Prussia (1636-Present)

ParliamentTermLeaderMonarchNotes
First Parliament1636-PresentFriedrich von Spinoza (1636-Present)FriedrichSummoned after the coronation of Friedrich as King of Prussia on 1st September 1636

Last edited:
I will join in your prayer for our late high channelor, but I will not hear of a catholic coup, Maximillian. I will also congratulate our new high channellor, Konrad von Ludke.

-The Exile Prince, Philipe de Bourgogne, duke of Mitte, general of Brandenburg, and knight of the Noble Johannic Order of the Eagle

Karl Erasmus von Eltmann

887494ae84147926fd71be95832f23c6_zpsc149133a.jpg

Name: Karl Erasmus Graf von Eltmann zu Neumark
Date of Birth: 17th May 1540
Place of Birth: Bernstein, County of Neumark
Date of Death: 1589

Biography: Born in 1540 to Karl Erich von Eltmann, eldest son of Erich Adalbert Graf von Eltmann zu Neumark, Karl Erasmus was born into the Brandenburger nobility. He received a comprehensive education during his childhood, gaining a high degree of proficiency in five languages, as well as showing good potential in disciplines such as mathematics and philosophy.

When his father died suddenly in 1559, he became the heir to the County of Neumark at the age of only 19. Three years later, his grandfather died and he became the Count of Neumark, subsequently being elected to Parliament in a by-election as one of the members from Neumark. In Parliament, he hopes to continue his grandfather's work and advance the Parliamentarian cause, though also holds a keen interest in diplomacy and foreign affairs.

Always a staunch defender of the Parliamentarian cause, he was elevated to the Dukedom of Pommern in recognition of his role in exposing the Orangist plot in 1574. This gained him much infamy amongst the more radical Catholic bloc within Parliament, which would ultimately end with his kidnapping and assassination by Heinrich Mephistopheles, an Orangist conspirator, in 1589.

He was succeeded in his titles and estates by his second-eldest son Karl Christian.

Last edited:
While I naturally will attend His Grace the Bishop of Lüneburg's service, I must voice my protestation at his decision to hold an anti-Parliamentarian debate afterwards. Surely everyone would agree that this is highly inappropriate in light of what my grandfather stood for?

Karl Erasmus Graf von Eltmann zu Neumark
Knight of the Shire of Neumark​

While I naturally will attend His Grace the Bishop of Lüneburg's service, I must voice my protestation at his decision to hold an anti-Parliamentarian debate afterwards. Surely everyone would agree that this is highly inappropriate in light of what my grandfather stood for?

Indeed, we must not destroy what the Late Graf von Neumark has created; he would be turning in his grave, so to speak. We should all say our goodbye to the Graf, thus I will join the Bishop of Lüneburg in his prayers, but I will denounce any actions undertaken by the Bishop and his against Protestantism and the Kingdom of Brandenburg.

Franz Johann Herman von Bavel-Baltzwischen,
Treasury Holder of King Joachim I Hector Hohenzollern of Brandenburg,
Baron von Baltzwischen

Last edited:
140px-Wappen_Altmarkkreis_Salzwedel.svg.png

A message from Duke Otto III von Altmark, Duke of Altmark und Saxony, Count of Altmark and Lord of the Old March

The Duke, as a devout catholic, shall attend the mass. However will not remain for the debate afterwords. The Duke relays that the Bishop might be better off protecting the Catholic flock in the West of the Kingdom rather than attack institutions he has no hope to defeat.

We must not destroy your late grandfather's work with the parliment and must continue his line of innovation, and tolerance.

-The Exile Prince, Philippe de Bourgogne, duke of Mitte

Whilst I shall attend the service for Duke Graf von Neumark, I will not attend the anti-parliamentary debate afterwards. It would be disrespectful to the deceased duke, and to my mother.

~Duke Angelos of Mecklenberg

I would like to thank the Grand Duke for this Most Honored Position, especially in this time of grieving for the death of the late Erich Adalbert Graf von Eltmann zu Neumark. He was a great man, truly one of the builders of our Nation, and I find myself humbled to think I could follow in his Lordships steps. I do hope to continue his Lordships policy of tolerance and peace within the realm, and strength and resilience outside of our borders. I pray for the realm to enter a new age, one in which the best of innovation and tradition can build the foundation for future generations. As a side note, I will be attending the prayer session of the Church of Saint James the Hermit, though do not expect that I will take part in the treason afterwards.

I am truly saddened by these news. Neumark was a great man who managed to unite the realm and create our glorious Parliament, despite the many differences and disagreements of His Majesty's loyal subjects. But why must you go to a memorial service in the church of this anti-parliamentary heretic? You cite tolerance, but this ungodly man is against everything that Neumark, may he rest in peace, fought for! There are more suitable alternatives, my Lords, why you would go all the way to Lüneburg is beyond me. Now you must excuse me, for I shall be attending the service in the church here in the capital itself, praying for the soul of late von Eltmann.

A message from Duke Otto III von Altmark, Duke of Altmark und Saxony, Count of Altmark and Lord of the Old March

Given the two names the Duchy of Altmark holds (as the Duchy of Altmark and as the Duchy of Saxony), I hereby formally petition the Reichsherold of the Holy Roman Empire and the Master-of-Lists to formally rename the Duchy of Altmark to the Ducky of Altmark und Saxony.

Whilst I shall attend the service for Duke Graf von Neumark, I will not attend the anti-parliamentary debate afterwards. It would be disrespectful to the deceased duke, and to my mother.

~Duke Angelos of Mecklenberg

((I believe that's called "wishful thinking", there. The Eltmanns hold but a mere county. :)))

I wish to thank my fellow members for their condolences and shows of support for my late grandfather. On behalf of my family, please allow me to say how humbled we have been by the outpouring over the last few days.

Knight of the Shire of Neumark

Chapter XXVII

The End of 1561 and the rest of 1562 marked many nationalist and catholic rebellions in Brandenburg. Initially the armed zealots in the east of the nation were put down, but later, when the Brandenburger army counted only 4 regiments (the rest was destroyed due heavy casualties in the past wars), more rebels rose up, especially in Lüneburg and Mecklenburg. Harsh Measures were ordered by the king, and not a single crime was tolerated within the kingdom. In the end, the rebellion were put down, but it brought Brandenburg to it's knees economically.

While Brandenburg was having no less then five loans (totally over a thousand ducats), the reformation began to spread even further. Ruppin converted to reformed, a much more tolerant religion then protestantism or Catholicism. The Livonian Order converted to it as the first nation in the world. The rebel uprisings showed the king that a divided nation was weak, and he began affords to slowly convert the western provinces to protestantism. Meanwhile, the army was unequipped. The King ordered all the dukes to spent their money on a new army, he wanted to make Brandenburg capable of defeating it's arch-rival, the Teutonic order...

Player Actions Needed

Dukes! Check the tracking sheet, no one has an army left (everything get destroyed except for the general's army), and get your plans in! If I don't have them by 23/06 16 GMT, I decide myself on which I spent the money.

The Duchy of Altmark und Saxony requests that the entirety of the money is spent on raising infantry.

hIchALc.png

A message from house de Bourgogne von Mitte​

All the moeny from the duchy of Mitte shall be spent on cavalry, as we are in dire need of that.

-The Exile Prince, Philipe de Bourgogne, duke of Mitte and general of Brandenburg