• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had a suggestion some pages back, here it is:

Found something for a ahistorical early Coalition victory in 1805.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Jerzy_Czartoryski

Also, after Prussia is defeated, the Grand Duchy of Wurzburg should be given to Ferdinand, also a member of the Confederation of the Rhine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Duchy_of_W%C3%BCrzburg

Founder another bug: when the war against Prussia is won, the event that grants Saxony independence, after it's annexed doesn't work.

Any useful for new events, in case the Coalition wins the war early?

As playing as France, taking over Hanover was something I was never able to do, so the decision to hand it over to Prussia never was done, because I was only able to annex Hanover when Prussia went t war with me, as France, in 1806.

Things did get a little weird in Germany post-1806 too - basically weird shifting borders, and Westphalia when created was patchy, geographically speaking.

I'd also try to do something about constant French/British attacks on each others shores - they did happen, but whenever playing as a test other nations outside, the French just land in England and Ireland and steamroll everything.

Those are the only things off the top of my head I can think of right now.

Also - I could send you an update my side on stuff I'd been working on, new ministers/leaders, tech teams (as place fillers) and some events - though I should add that the events etc are merely test ones and I had not had much time at all to do much testing, as work has been mega busy right now and I hadn't been working on it for the past few weeks. So they are probably full of weird bits, but many of them did, as far as I was aware, work fine...just mere suggestions as a events....

As playing as France, taking over Hanover was something I was never able to do, so the decision to hand it over to Prussia never was done, because I was only able to annex Hanover when Prussia went t war with me, as France, in 1806.

Things did get a little weird in Germany post-1806 too - basically weird shifting borders, and Westphalia when created was patchy, geographically speaking.

I'd also try to do something about constant French/British attacks on each others shores - they did happen, but whenever playing as a test other nations outside, the French just land in England and Ireland and steamroll everything.

Those are the only things off the top of my head I can think of right now.

Also - I could send you an update my side on stuff I'd been working on, new ministers/leaders, tech teams (as place fillers) and some events - though I should add that the events etc are merely test ones and I had not had much time at all to do much testing, as work has been mega busy right now and I hadn't been working on it for the past few weeks. So they are probably full of weird bits, but many of them did, as far as I was aware, work fine...just mere suggestions as a events....

Sorry for the late reply, but basically what KaiserFranz says. Russia sometimes get a high dissent for some reason(not always though) and that hampers them in helping Prussia repelling France. If Russia doesn't have the high dissent, France usally has a harder time to defeat Prussia.

I got a problem when i start the game i got this message

Couldn't open file: scenarios/1802/U24_Würzburg.inc
The solution is before your eyes, as you can see, at this file: scenarios/1802/U24_Würzburg.inc is the wrong at (ü) the program cant open ü as it use the english alphabet and not the German alphabet from where the character originates,always this happens and with French Mods is a common problem, so the correct must be U24_Wurzburg.inc.

The solution is before your eyes, as you can see, at this file: scenarios/1802/U24_Würzburg.inc is the wrong at (ü) the program cant open ü as it use the english alphabet and not the German alphabet from where the character originates,always this happens and with French Mods is a common problem, so the correct must be U24_Wurzburg.inc.

I tried that, it didn't help.

Cant see event for U24 or etc.(i mean like i see U24 but with not U and ü just U24)

in this folder D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods\Napoleonic Wars for Darkest Hour\db\events

Last edited:
Cant see event for U24 or etc.(i mean like i see U24 but with not U and ü just U24)

in this folder D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods\Napoleonic Wars for Darkest Hour\db\events

This problem doesn't occur for me. I think it may have to do with your system infrastructure not supporting German-language characters. Anyway, I will change the event/scenario files (not the name in-game so you umlaut lovers will still see it) for the next version.

You don't need to rename the event files as none of them that I am aware of contain any umlauts.

The only thing you need to do is edit both the scenario files (scenarios/1802 or 1805) and also the .EUG file with Notepad. At the bottom of the .EUG file, which there are two of, one for each scenario, you will see a list of scenario files to be loaded. If that list doesn't match the name of your scenarios it won't be able to load. For Wurzburg, Lubeck and Wuttemburg, edit these six files and you should be right.

You only need to rename the name of the scenario file itsel,f not anything in it, to fix that.

As for the .EUG file go to the bottom and rename this for example

include = "scenarios/1802/U24_Würzburg.inc"

to this

include = "scenarios/1802/U24_Wurzburg.inc"

If you have any other questions or problems please post them. And enjoy this beautifully unfinished mod :)

Realized I have been away for a while! I still have a load of things left over for leaders etc. Did you want me to email them to you Adonnus? They even include, through great difficulty, Austrian naval commanders!

Any further developments as well?

Thanks for putting in the hard work with this mod.

I have a couple of queries.

1) Why can't I do amphibious assaults?
2) When will you compete the GFXs?
3) I've notice you have British Cavalry, which is found in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods\Napoleonic Wars for Darkest Hour\gfx\map\units\bmp) but it doesn't appear ingame for me, although I've seen the French cavalry?
4) Where are the unit names located as I really don't want world war two divisional names, I was going to add some British regimental names instead.
5) Most of my tech tree has the 'unknown strings wanted'.
6) My battleships have taken on transport ships hundreds of times and have failed to sink one of them? I understand the transports are withdrawing but still you'd expect one to be sunk!

And that's about it, any help would be appreciated, ta.